Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire support?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire support? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire support? - 12/27/2015 2:13:35 AM   
mantrain

Not sure about you guys but I find this game much more exciting when I can recruit air units into the mix of defensive/offensive combat objectives. Something about watching a warthog attack I find gratifying. A B52 carpet bomb or a B1 surigical strike would be great too.

Why so little of that sort of thing when certainly it would have realistic value?

Which scenarios have more of that? For example the Tue Morning scenario has these little euro-copters that are none too impressive... just sayen...

Oh and I know this is really nuts, but wow a tactical nuke would be cool though that is pushing the envelope of realism.

I think this game has enormous potential if the scenarios become more creative.
Post #: 1
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 12/27/2015 4:58:43 AM   
CapnDarwin

Tac nukes and chemical weapons are in the game. In a WW3 war you would never see a B-52 or B1 anywhere near the forward battle area. They would be nuke loaded and on orbits waiting for a go code. Air support would be a rapidly depleting resource as well. Depending on the situation across the rest of the front, assets would be tasked to critical areas. So we keep it to a minimum to amp up its value.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 2
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 12/27/2015 5:34:01 AM   
mantrain

okay but there should have been F 111s F4s A10s, A4s, tornadoes, herriers etc. game seems overly light on the ground-attack air support aspect, but there is plenty of room to add it in. I think this title is a superb concept, among the best on Matrix, but should be expanded on for broader appeal.

< Message edited by mantrain -- 12/27/2015 6:34:38 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 12/27/2015 8:41:11 AM   
cbelva

That is why there is an editor. If you don't like or agree with our concepts, do your own thing. You can take the OTS scenarios and modify them by adding in more assets.

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 4
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 12/27/2015 4:00:38 PM   
mantrain

Well if I play WP atleast I can use a mig 23 -- not very gratifying to beat up on Nato though!

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 5
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 1/3/2016 7:03:58 PM   
JSternum

The "12 Bravo" scenario gives NATO access to two squadrons of F-16Cs for anti-armor airstrikes. If you can avoid Soviet anti-air, they make quick work of T-80s.

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 6
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 1/4/2016 4:11:51 AM   
Stimpak

quote:

ORIGINAL: JSternum

The "12 Bravo" scenario gives NATO access to two squadrons of F-16Cs for anti-armor airstrikes. If you can avoid Soviet anti-air, they make quick work of T-80s.

Sections. Two squadrons is a lot of F-16s

(in reply to JSternum)
Post #: 7
RE: Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire su... - 1/4/2016 3:55:26 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantrain

Not sure about you guys but I find this game much more exciting when I can recruit air units into the mix of defensive/offensive combat objectives. Something about watching a warthog attack I find gratifying. A B52 carpet bomb or a B1 surigical strike would be great too.

A B-52 carpet bombing would wipe out all the units in these battles. These are small scale actions. Not to mention the fact that the WP would have air superiority in the opening days of the conflict. Which is what I modeled into the CAS for the scenarios.

quote:

Why so little of that sort of thing when certainly it would have realistic value?
quote:

Because it's not realistic. The opening rounds of a WW3 battle would have seen the Soviet/WP forces strike at NATO's strongest units. Those include their airforces. For the most part those airforces were on hardtop runways and would have been hit with no less than chemical warheads. The first few days of the conflict would have been about what few NATO helicopters could get in the air and whatever VSTOL aircraft were operating from autobahn bases.

quote:

Oh and I know this is really nuts, but wow a tactical nuke would be cool though that is pushing the envelope of realism.

Thor's Hammer has tactical nuclear weapons in it.

quote:

I think this game has enormous potential if the scenarios become more creative.

That's exactly what I think. Hopefully in the near future the team will acquire someone that can be more creative with the scenarios.

Thanks for playing.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Which scenarios have more air support - Air fire support? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI