Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/3/2016 1:46:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Fantastic response to the community MichaelM! Every company should have such employees.

He's a volunteer.

Even more amazing!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 31
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/3/2016 8:16:07 PM   
bomccarthy

Many thanks to Michael -- he single-handedly shut down the Yakuza clans who were accumulating supply for their own nefarious purposes.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 32
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/4/2016 5:03:08 PM   
Tigrizzli

Hello, looks like there's still a few (bureaucrats maybe?) yakuza in the vicinity ;) Yokohama is overfilled with troops resting and upgrading with a AV of more than 31000 (340 required) and on the city display, it is ok (see attachment)
but on the base menu (the one with the star "list all bases") it appears in red and as negative.
There is no effect however on the city itself, no damage, no VP loss nor any alert message... but there may be a (very very) little bug there, maybe related to the level of AV present ?
(when the total AV was 22000, the display was correct.)

Going back to the first trouble, with the last update, no new TFs are created in Osaka (even with AO still disbanded there)
but I ran only one turn with the new beta...

And thanks for the support you've done

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 33
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/4/2016 5:09:07 PM   
Tigrizzli

save concerned (changed to .zip) if needed

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tigrizzli -- 1/4/2016 6:09:37 PM >

Post #: 34
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/5/2016 12:33:19 AM   
BBfanboy

Looks like you broke Yokohama by putting over a million men there!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 35
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/5/2016 4:37:50 AM   
Tigrizzli

Are you saying that the red number reflects the number of MPs needed to control so many soldiers? ;)

Or maybe a new war begun between the former allies as there must be there every LCU of 100 AV or more (non restricted) from all the map! (except the ones in Tokyo of course) So the new garrison requirement must be UN troops (blue helmets?)

This game looks more than a big TETRIS of LCU than anything else. :) ...but I like tetris too ;)

As I said, nothing worth losing time on this display error, just curious if it's just an "overflow" error

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 36
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/5/2016 5:58:26 AM   
witpqs

quote:

Are you saying that the red number reflects the number of MPs needed to control so many soldiers? ;)

There are so many troops they can't stop all of them going into the *red* light districts!

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 37
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/5/2016 12:03:23 PM   
GetAssista

WRT computer TFs I have the same problem in the x24 beta, but mirrored. I'm Japan against AI and captured all of India and Sydney. Computer is constantly creating computer controlled TFs out of my own ships disbanded in Colombo and Sydney, and directs them to allied bases. Not sure about other important allied bases I captured as I have no shipping there. Seems like the same issue with AC system not checking the ownership. Not a gamebreaking in any way as I just have ships either in repairs or in a TF instead of disbanded in port

Not sure if Michael already fixed this for both sides, or for Japan only, reporting just for more information

WRT Yokogama red lights, 33714 (AV) + 31822 (red) = 65536 <- every computer programmer would recognize this number Yes, it's an overflow error in displaying

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 1/5/2016 1:10:33 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 38
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/5/2016 8:47:26 PM   
bomccarthy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tigrizzli

Hello, looks like there's still a few (bureaucrats maybe?) yakuza in the vicinity ;) Yokohama is overfilled with troops resting and upgrading with a AV of more than 31000 (340 required) and on the city display, it is ok (see attachment)
but on the base menu (the one with the star "list all bases") it appears in red and as negative.
There is no effect however on the city itself, no damage, no VP loss nor any alert message... but there may be a (very very) little bug there, maybe related to the level of AV present ?
(when the total AV was 22000, the display was correct.)

Going back to the first trouble, with the last update, no new TFs are created in Osaka (even with AO still disbanded there)
but I ran only one turn with the new beta...

And thanks for the support you've done

Just noticed the date on your screenshot - how did you get the Soviets to activate and capture the Korean peninsula by Oct 1944?

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 39
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 12:05:50 AM   
BBfanboy

I wanted to see what it was like to have the Soviets activated so on Turn 1 I set one of the Japanese air units to recon a Russian base. Three days later the Russians were fully activated and all their ships/subs were available. Stalin just needs an excuse, any excuse ...

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 40
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 3:59:51 AM   
michaelm75au

Fixed overflow on base screen - unexpected value

Michael

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 41
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 4:02:16 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

WRT computer TFs I have the same problem in the x24 beta, but mirrored. I'm Japan against AI and captured all of India and Sydney. Computer is constantly creating computer controlled TFs out of my own ships disbanded in Colombo and Sydney, and directs them to allied bases. Not sure about other important allied bases I captured as I have no shipping there. Seems like the same issue with AC system not checking the ownership. Not a gamebreaking in any way as I just have ships either in repairs or in a TF instead of disbanded in port

Not sure if Michael already fixed this for both sides, or for Japan only, reporting just for more information

WRT Yokogama red lights, 33714 (AV) + 31822 (red) = 65536 <- every computer programmer would recognize this number Yes, it's an overflow error in displaying

Do you have a save where this is happening? Can't see any reason why this should be happening. Be nice to run against a save with issue to see if it has been plugged by fixed AI code.

Michael

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 42
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 8:29:40 AM   
Tigrizzli

It's been a long time since the AI gave up after a successful landing in hokkaido then Hirosaki. Only the center pacific was resisting and was still interesting to play. After the fall of Kyoto, it became an absurd game but I went on for my personal training as allies (especially on atoll assault where I have to fight against my propension to go bersek and charge like at CRECY or AZINCOURT.
And As I never played the soviet, it was an unique (and logical) occasion to test them, so I played one or two turn on head on, the AI garrison against the soviet was very low and it makes them active (and they crushed everything remaining up to the doors of China even with their T26)
In my case, the soviet HQ would have had no excuse if it stayed passive!
Alas, the AI didn't really reacted except on the border near Vladivostok...

Now this game is nothing more than a construction game to "pass" the time ("passer le temps" in french, not sure how to tell the same in american...)
I have to wait for my future opponent (and friend) to be familiar with the game so I have to be patient. It will be a pleasure to start a real campaign with this friend from La Royale.(we used to play Flat top).

BACK TO THE TOPIC: Michael, your modification seems to work well with Osaka where the supply dropped close to the normal requirement but the fuel is stil stockpilling there trying to go back to the usual million (17000 required first then nothing) even with no ships based there. Not sure if it is related...

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 43
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 9:21:13 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tigrizzli

... BACK TO THE TOPIC: Michael, your modification seems to work well with Osaka where the supply dropped close to the normal requirement but the fuel is stil stockpilling there trying to go back to the usual million (17000 required first then nothing) even with no ships based there. Not sure if it is related...

Osaka will always have a demand for fuel even if no ships are based there. See my posts in this thread for how the fuel required figure is determined.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3697364

Alfred

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 44
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 11:29:50 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm
Do you have a save where this is happening? Can't see any reason why this should be happening. Be nice to run against a save with issue to see if it has been plugged by fixed AI code.

I ran several turns with the latest beta and AKs disbanded in Colombo and Sydney port and it looks like the issue is fixed, no computer transport TFs created any more. Have AI starving in Diego Garcia and Fiji so demand for autoconvoys is surely there.

Post #: 45
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 2:37:27 PM   
Tigrizzli

Yes? no problem with that 17000 fuel request with a few tankers based there and around 14000 when there is Osaka alone. The math are correct... ...I was wondering why there is still a BIG difference between Osaka and other towns in Japan and why it's still growing after the modification done:

situation observed:
town (amount of fuel turn n/amount of fuel n+1)

Osaka (879000/1016000) +137000 was 700 000 two turns before
Kobe (251300/192000) -59000
Ominato (240000/378000) +138000 (about 180 supply ships scheduled to arrive there in the next days...)
Nagasaki (230600/140000) +90600
Fukuoka (213000/189000) -24000
Nagoya (196500/147000) -49500
Yokohama (81000/57000) -24000
Sendaï (27000/9000) -18000
every other town have less than that...

No fuel delivered, no fuel taken except fuel consumption at Yokohama (most of the war vessels except CV are here)
Only 20 tankers heading to Osaka, nothing else... so Osaka must be still sucking most of the fuel in the HI, am I wrong?

There is a lot of movement of the fuel levels but I see no evident reason to stockpile in OSAKA which don't have the biggest fuel requirement (17540 in Yokohama Vs 14579 in Osaka). But I presume that it could be related to the amount of HI in this city: 5,3 time more than the next Industrialized city in the HI Nagoya (which is consistent with the amount of fuel in those two cities)

Maybe I didn't find the information related in your link wich can explain why there would be more than 1 000 000 of fuel request in Osaka only?

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 46
RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI - 1/6/2016 8:04:10 PM   
BBfanboy

As with supply, once all the fuel requirements have been met the AI tends to move any surplus amounts to the most developed base. Not sure if Industry is included in the determination but Osaka is 10/10 for port and AF. And if Osaka is the usual home base for Japanese Auto-Convoys the AI may be set up to ship all surplus there.

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: TK or AO TF auto created by AI Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI