Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start program

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start program Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start ... - 1/9/2016 6:40:03 PM   
downtown

I just bought CC-The Longest Day and installed it on Windows 10. The program starts up with the initial Matrix Games screen, but once that finishes the Main Menu is purple colored, off to the left, and I am not able to click on any of the buttons to start a game, Multiplayer etc. I have tried Windows 7 and Windows Vista compatibility modes with no success. Please advise.

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
Post #: 1
RE: Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot st... - 1/9/2016 6:57:28 PM   
downtown

I was able to click on the Options button. Once in Options, I chose a display setting and windowed mode. Now the game starts but in windowed mode. I moved through a few screens and the game seems to be working now. It is not showing in full screen but it is operational. I guess that will have to do.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 2
RE: Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot st... - 1/10/2016 1:00:50 AM   
CGGrognard

Check your game display settings (In Game: Options - General Tab) and match it to your computers' display setting. That should change your view to full screen.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 3
RE: Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot st... - 1/10/2016 6:45:27 AM   
Tejszd

When playing in windowed mode in addition to having your game and screen resolution match you will also need to set the Windows taskbar along the bottom of the screen to auto-hide if it doesn't already.

Windows 10 - point the mouse at the taskbar and click the right mouse button, point at properties and click the left mouse button point at the box beside Auto-hide the taskbar and click the left mouse button

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 4
RE: Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot st... - 1/10/2016 1:21:08 PM   
downtown

Thanks to you both! My resolution is 1920 by 1080 and now that I have set the resolution to that setting the game is opening in full screen. I already had auto hide set so I am good to go. What a difference between playing in a box half the size of my 24 inch monitor and full screen!

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
RE: Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot st... - 1/11/2016 12:39:44 AM   
vobbnobb

you will like it

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start program Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI