Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of March, 2014

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of March, 2014 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/24/2015 8:14:00 PM   
AxelNL

Barbarossa workes ok - just don't go near naval battles - which you shouldn't amyhow in that scenario.

(in reply to kjgokc2007)
Post #: 91
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/24/2015 11:09:50 PM   
paulderynck

It is in public beta mode - still a few problems but progress has been made.

But not yet ready for prime time.

Paul

(in reply to kjgokc2007)
Post #: 92
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/26/2015 4:10:33 AM   
palne

Is there an editor available? For example, I'd like to try a setup where Germany and Japan just gets the total value of their units and can select what to buy out of the force pool.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 93
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/26/2015 5:53:05 AM   
paulderynck

There is no editor but some people have made changes with the data files that are documented at the end of the Players Manuals. FREX you might be able to do something like that by altering the year of the units.

But then you'd have to start the war later and use the extended end date option.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 7/26/2015 6:54:35 AM >

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 94
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/29/2015 7:04:03 PM   
palne

Paul,

Don't you think that would be a great feature? (sell this editor as an add-on).

Another cool feature I think would be great would be an enhanced editor that would allow the playing of Days of Decisions until general war and then setup through the editor whatever happened in DoD. Then, go to it! (sell this editor as an add-on).

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 95
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/29/2015 7:15:16 PM   
Centuur

Sure, it would be an asset to have. Only problem with that kind of editor is that their is a huge number of variables to set in MWIF. For every minor country the relation to all major powers seperately have to be defined. All units which you are allowed to have on the map needs to be placed on it. The US entry needs to be defined. Options chosen have to be checked and their results applied. Hex- and country control needs to be defined too, together with optional rules used, gearing limits put in, and so on, and on, and on.

That's definitely not a easy thing to code, I believe.

Peter

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 96
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 7/30/2015 2:31:12 AM   
Zorachus99

quote:

ORIGINAL: palne

Paul,

Don't you think that would be a great feature? (sell this editor as an add-on).

Another cool feature I think would be great would be an enhanced editor that would allow the playing of Days of Decisions until general war and then setup through the editor whatever happened in DoD. Then, go to it! (sell this editor as an add-on).

No kidding. That kind of add-on would make some very quick change ($$$) for the developers.

I would pay $$$ for ANY in game editor to fix issues such as re-organization.

< Message edited by Zorachus99 -- 7/30/2015 3:33:06 AM >

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 97
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 1/16/2016 6:16:00 AM   
Mantzikert

Finally 18 months after buying this game I find some time to sit down and play. Solo seems to run fine. So I tried a netplay game with a friend (although we were sitting side by side).

Forget it.

But then I notice people talking about version 2 on some of the forums.

I have version 1.4.5. Which I believe is 6 months old?

Is there a new version I should be getting? The updater says I'm on the latest, and I can't find anything else on the website?

Mantzikert

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 98
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 1/16/2016 7:38:16 AM   
Cataphract88

Mantzikert,

The latest version is a beta (V 2.1.0.3) and is found in the Matrix Members Club, if you have registered your game.

It really is about time that a proper patch is made available to all!

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Richard

(in reply to Mantzikert)
Post #: 99
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 1/16/2016 8:07:01 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/25/2018 8:09:40 AM >

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 100
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 1/17/2016 10:09:34 AM   
Mantzikert

OK. Three Quarters of an impulse in Barbarossa went fine.

The one major thought we have both had is that on a netplay game, save should prompt a save on the other person's computer as well (probably asking a question of the user). That way, it is easier to keep them in sync.

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 101
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 1/18/2016 5:57:03 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mantzikert

The one major thought we have both had is that on a netplay game, save should prompt a save on the other person's computer as well (probably asking a question of the user). That way, it is easier to keep them in sync.

Steve is going to look into this possibility. Very good suggestion and something we've never thought about.

Peter

(in reply to Mantzikert)
Post #: 102
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 1/19/2016 2:17:02 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mantzikert

As Peter said, I will start writing this code (Wednesday).

I fixed the 3 remaining NetPlay bugs today and I want to have all saved games when playing NetPlay be performed at the same time on all computers - so there is always a matched set of saved games should the players want to restart at any time. The games would all have the same name except each one would have the local major power abbreviation appended to the save. For example, in a 4 player NetPlay game the GAM files might be named: Impulse 3 Ground Support - Ge, Impulse 3 Ground Support - CW, Impulse 3 Ground Support - Ja, Impulse 3 Ground Support - US. Or something similar.

This is going to be new code (always dangerous), but it shouldn't affect game play, so the chances of it causing new problems is low.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Mantzikert)
Post #: 103
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 6/4/2016 2:35:39 AM   
Happycat

I suppose it's safe to assume that this project is still a long ways away from offering an AI opponent?

Chance favours the prepared mind

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 104
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 6/4/2016 7:09:57 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happycat

I suppose it's safe to assume that this project is still a long ways away from offering an AI opponent?
Hey Jim! Really nice to see you in this neighborhood.

Though I don't have a dog in the fight, I'd say you'd be correct in your assumption that an AI opponent is a long way off. Though somebody official couldn't certainly brighten my day if they were to correct me.

Ronnie

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 105
RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of... - 6/6/2016 8:13:02 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happycat

It's not even in the list by now.

I mean, there is a general wish to do it someday, but there are still regular bugs, plus bugs specific of netplay and others, so the developer hasn't even given a tentative date planified to start with it. Which is a responsible thing of him, I must say, cause having the game ok should be the first priority instead of what was not in the original game project and was publicized as a possible future add-on or new version.

It means it is year/years away, I understand.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 6/6/2016 8:17:03 AM >

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: IMPORTANT: State of the Game and Future Plans as of March, 2014 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI