Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Combat Phasing Side bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval Combat Phasing Side bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Combat Phasing Side bug - 1/12/2016 10:23:41 AM   
VictorCharlie

During my last game it was the Naval Combat by Phasing Side, CW on the phasing side is designated the decision maker for sea area.
The Naval Combat form did not come up so I couldn’t designate sea area.
So I saved and restarted now it is saying all my saved games do not match current version. I am using 2.1.3 but it says my saves are 2.1.2. They were all loading fine 1 hour ago.
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Combat Phasing Side bug - 1/12/2016 5:34:35 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: victor charlie

During my last game it was the Naval Combat by Phasing Side, CW on the phasing side is designated the decision maker for sea area.
The Naval Combat form did not come up so I couldn’t designate sea area.
So I saved and restarted now it is saying all my saved games do not match current version. I am using 2.1.3 but it says my saves are 2.1.2. They were all loading fine 1 hour ago.

There should be 4 digits in the version number.

If you start a new game, say Barbarossa, you can use the Help About the Program to get the version number of the MWIF.exe you are running. If only 3 digits are shown, then the last digit is zero.

You can also simply left click on the MWIF.exe and look at the Properties for the file. That should also show the current version number. However, if you are using a ShortCut then the product version isn't shown. Which is why I suggested starting a new game to see the version number for MWIF.exe.

If you can take a screenshot of the error message, that would help me to figure out what the problem is.

My only idea of what is going wrong is that you are using a MWIF.exe Windows ShortCut which is pointing to an old version of the program.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to VictorCharlie)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Combat Phasing Side bug - 1/13/2016 5:50:46 AM   
VictorCharlie

Shannon,

Ok so I did a total uninstall and removed all components of the game.
Reinstalled then applied patch 2.1.0.3
Then applied the 3 hotfixes in order same as I did before.
Restart game and About the Program tells me its running 2.1.0.3
No mention of the hotfixes. I didn’t check before but it must have been running at least 2.1.2 as its still tells me my saves are under that?
So I can’t load them up and show you the Naval Combat bug? But have attached pic of this bug.
Maybe I should just stick with 2.1.0.3 till next patch?

[image][/image]

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Combat Phasing Side bug - 1/13/2016 9:40:09 AM   
VictorCharlie

Alright now I worked out I was doing the hotfixes all wrong. So redone and all loaded correctly and now on 2.1.3
Loaded the save with the Naval Combat Phasing Side bug and the Naval Combat form came up as supposed to and it all played along ok.
So saving and restarting seemed to fix that one.
As for the old versions of the game coming up yes it must have been an old shortcut link I was using.
Thanks.

< Message edited by victor charlie -- 1/13/2016 10:40:52 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Naval Combat Phasing Side bug - 1/13/2016 4:36:01 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: victor charlie

Alright now I worked out I was doing the hotfixes all wrong. So redone and all loaded correctly and now on 2.1.3
Loaded the save with the Naval Combat Phasing Side bug and the Naval Combat form came up as supposed to and it all played along ok.
So saving and restarting seemed to fix that one.
As for the old versions of the game coming up yes it must have been an old shortcut link I was using.
Thanks.

I am happy that you were able to get back to playing World in Flames - instead of fighting the installation/update process.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 5
RE: Naval Combat Phasing Side bug - 1/19/2016 5:11:08 AM   
VictorCharlie

Yes so was I !

And now having done so as a new player I can appreciate why this game took so long to reach play stage. It’s a very complex game!

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval Combat Phasing Side bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI