Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Newbie ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie ??? - 3/31/2003 7:25:34 AM   
Hiruu

Hi Andrew,

You've got a pretty nice 4X game here, as I'm one of the MOO3 disgruntled gamers.

Okay, my question is how do i upgrade my transport ships?

I've also got a question about a system I've cleared, but I can't build a transport for. It's got a white circle on the starmap?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
- 3/31/2003 10:13:06 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Just *research* a new type of freighter. You could also research better drives, so that freighters will move faster. These changes will automatically be applied to all your freighters. All of this will increase the resources flowing to your worlds.

Are you running the demo without the help file? All this information is covered in the help file (press F1 while in the game).

You can also right click on things to get some context-sensitive help.

The game uses the concept of a hook point. You focus on the world you want to build a freighter to. You left click on the star you want to use (could be done from the star map or by clicking within the solar view, it leaves a flashing white disk). Scroll through the world's build list and you should see "Freighter to ...". Just click on this entry. Note that freighter building is automated by default.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to Hiruu)
Post #: 2
Thanks for the reply Andrew, but... - 3/31/2003 10:54:06 PM   
Hiruu

It's not updating my Frieghters with the latest researched class. I'm currently on lvl 6 and I've still got lvl 2 ships running around. I purchased the game for E&B for $39.99, so I'm assuming this is the latest version. Thanx once again.

:confused:

(in reply to Hiruu)
Post #: 3
- 4/1/2003 2:43:22 AM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

The game tries to update the freighter type when you're not looking. So stop looking. :D It doesn't do things right away anyways and depends on what's happening. Think of it like real life, things get updated gradually over time and never happen soon enough.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to Hiruu)
Post #: 4
Aaaahhhh... - 4/1/2003 2:55:46 AM   
Hiruu

Thanks Andrew, It makes sense, even if it's taking a long time to do so. When 5 of my resource systems are reporting a loss in revenue, I was concern, but I'll check the update status "periodically" rather than every trip back.

(in reply to Hiruu)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Newbie ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI