Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does this game run better on tablet with touch screen functionality.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Does this game run better on tablet with touch screen functionality. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does this game run better on tablet with touch screen f... - 2/1/2016 1:05:59 PM   
Destraex

I was thinking of getting one of these titles as I really love the concept. My problem is that I really don't want to sit in front
Of my main Gaming PC for this kind of game to play out. I would much rather relax with this kind of paced game by using a touchscreen tablet.
So that way I can wind down with it while resting my bones. Does it support touch screen or stylus tablets well? What is the preferred device to watch these scenarios play out?

< Message edited by Destraex -- 2/1/2016 2:07:40 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/1/2016 1:22:16 PM   
Dysta

It's still not entirely fingertip-friendly, consider it use standard mouse-n-keyboard GUI rather than the portable design. I suggest you to bring a Bluetooth keyboard to play CMANO (For naming, searching, map navigating, etc).

I feel very tempting when I see cheaper Win10 tablets available these days, and wish to have one for making scenarios on the go.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 2
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/1/2016 6:19:33 PM   
HaughtKarl

I tried it on my Surface Pro 3 and it's somewhat playable with the pen and fingers but CMNAO wasn't built from the ground up with touch functionality mind so it's bit cumbersome trying to play it via touch and pen. It's certainly doable in small scenarios if you're kicking back in bed but for unit heavy scenarios on a big map you're best off using mouse and keyboard.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 3
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/1/2016 7:08:31 PM   
Marder

I bought a swiftpoint gt mouse. Its a bit expensive but its really portable and great for c:mano.

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 4
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/1/2016 7:38:32 PM   
Primarchx

"The more you tighten your grip the more warships will slip through your fingers..."

Really, it would be very hard to play Command primarily by touch interface. I have like 4 additional macros built into my gaming mouse just for this game and use shortcut keys constantly.

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 5
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/1/2016 8:43:37 PM   
AndrewJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx
I have like 4 additional macros built into my gaming mouse just for this game and use shortcut keys constantly.

If you don't mind saying, what macros have you got set up?

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 6
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/1/2016 9:19:27 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx
I have like 4 additional macros built into my gaming mouse just for this game and use shortcut keys constantly.

If you don't mind saying, what macros have you got set up?

Time compression, pause, Esc for getting out of course changes and the throttle.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 7
RE: Does this game run better on tablet with touch scre... - 2/5/2016 3:20:13 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Not quite the same, but I have a Wacom Inuos Pro graphics tablet.

When I'm feeling lazy, I use a second monitor on a long extension cord and my graphics tablet so I can play on the couch.

I have buttons bound to F1, F2, F3, F12 (pause/unpause), shift, control and + and - (speed/slow time).

Anything else (naming etc) can be done using Windows handwriting recognition or an on-screen keyboard.

A cheap monitor, extension chord and wireless mouse with a couple of macros might also be playable you are relatively close to your computer?

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Does this game run better on tablet with touch screen functionality. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI