Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Club Med-Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Club Med-Beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Club Med-Beta - 2/6/2016 12:47:08 PM   
Face01

So here's my first attempt at scenario build.
I'm sure I've missed something. Any feedback is very welcome.
Among other things, let me know about balance, EMCON, ROE, events and any AI behavior that I can change.
Playable Sides: Russia/US/Syria

Enjoy and Thanks!

beta v.3

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Face01 -- 2/6/2016 10:14:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/6/2016 9:11:28 PM   
Face01

Change Log beta v.3

*fixed commercial planes event
*added rebels on the Turkish border
*added flight group US AI

< Message edited by Face01 -- 2/6/2016 10:29:43 PM >

(in reply to Face01)
Post #: 2
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/6/2016 10:44:38 PM   
Face01

Well, I must admit, I still have a lot of fixing to do. For some reason, my saves as scen aren't showing up any adjustments for the beta. Also, I need to re-do the entire events. There's quite a few events which have planes launching that aren't firing and I think there might be strings that aren't tied to the events. Another thing I can't figure out is why the pop up messages aren't popping up.

Be warned, its really early beta.

(in reply to Face01)
Post #: 3
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/7/2016 1:22:56 AM   
Gunner98

First thing I noticed was that the events have 'Conditions' set. I don't think conditions are enabled yet but perhaps a Dev can clarify.

B

(in reply to Face01)
Post #: 4
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/7/2016 1:55:52 AM   
Gunner98

A couple of basic issues nothing serious:

-You should clear the message log before posting
-There are a lot of visible Ref Points, and they are all locked. I suspect you did this to represent the fixed nature of the Air Tasking in a crowded air environment which is fine, you might want to mention it in the brief. Labeling the Ref points would be handy as well (only one selected - Ctl+R)
-You have quite a few missions inactive. I suspect that this is because you have built the scenario for 3 different sides. That's ambitious, I have difficulty sorting out two sides. Some designers opt for one scenario for each side to keep the balance right and the missions clean.
-You should probably set the formation of the Task Group, give it an initial course & speed.
-I didn't see any reference to sub threat in the brief, yet there is a 1/2 sqn of MH-60's loaded for ASW, curious but something your Int guys would mention I think.
-Usually some of the long endurance AC set on a mission will have 2 set to that mission. I.e. the E-3's at Incirlik, there are 2 of them but only one set to the mission, so a player distracted by the heavy action might miss the shift change and a Staff officer should get fired . I think if you go to the trouble to make a mission (and I think its good to do) you should have it complete and the player can deliberately change if he wants as opposed to having to note it and fix it.

Overall it looks interesting and I'll try and give it a start tomorrow.

thanks.

B

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/7/2016 2:35:02 AM   
magi

^^^what he says.... and i believe you should have some basic missions up... like.. aew.. some air defenders... some asw... not a lot of stuff but doctrine wise what would be active.....

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/7/2016 3:07:23 AM   
Face01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

A couple of basic issues nothing serious:

-You should clear the message log before posting
-There are a lot of visible Ref Points, and they are all locked. I suspect you did this to represent the fixed nature of the Air Tasking in a crowded air environment which is fine, you might want to mention it in the brief. Labeling the Ref points would be handy as well (only one selected - Ctl+R)
-You have quite a few missions inactive. I suspect that this is because you have built the scenario for 3 different sides. That's ambitious, I have difficulty sorting out two sides. Some designers opt for one scenario for each side to keep the balance right and the missions clean.
-You should probably set the formation of the Task Group, give it an initial course & speed.
-I didn't see any reference to sub threat in the brief, yet there is a 1/2 sqn of MH-60's loaded for ASW, curious but something your Int guys would mention I think.
-Usually some of the long endurance AC set on a mission will have 2 set to that mission. I.e. the E-3's at Incirlik, there are 2 of them but only one set to the mission, so a player distracted by the heavy action might miss the shift change and a Staff officer should get fired . I think if you go to the trouble to make a mission (and I think its good to do) you should have it complete and the player can deliberately change if he wants as opposed to having to note it and fix it.

Overall it looks interesting and I'll try and give it a start tomorrow.

thanks.

B

Regarding the conditions, I have to rework the 'Events' again. Going to start from scratch and clean it up.

I'll try that with reference points. It is crowded and those are supposed to be AI side reference points, not quite sure why they showed up.
Regarding the message log, every load I have is different from the save that I make on the scenario build. Its really weird that it happens. I clear it yet it shows on some loads when I get back in. I'll give it a wipe again.

Those inactive missions you mentioned, for the AI right? If so, its part of an event that isn't firing correctly.

Regarding the sub, there is a neutral sub in the waters, nothing serious, which is why I left it out of the brief. Meant to spook more than anything else.

Also, there is a Turkey event, that's all wrong. It's firing, but the 'actions' (conditions not set correctly?) for the event isn't happening. Reworking the 'Events'

Yea that E-3 at Incirlik (as AI US?) has that mission with 1/3 checked. I'm assuming that would fix that problem?

I left the Task Force stationary. I thought the user would prefer to set it up on start. Players would rather it set for them?
Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming! And let me know which faction you chose

< Message edited by Face01 -- 2/7/2016 4:18:20 AM >

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 7
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/7/2016 3:10:34 AM   
Face01

quote:

ORIGINAL: magi

^^^what he says.... and i believe you should have some basic missions up... like.. aew.. some air defenders... some asw... not a lot of stuff but doctrine wise what would be active.....

Basic missions for the AI? There's plenty. If you played as Syria, you would have seen the Russians take off from their airport and assault the rebels in the north and ISIL in the east and north east.

If you were the Russians your S-400 should have been jammed within 15 minutes of start by the US.

If you played as US, you should have seen a Mig29 flying patrol.

Could you be a bit more specific?

Thanks for the feedback!

< Message edited by Face01 -- 2/7/2016 4:14:28 AM >

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 8
RE: Club Med-Beta - 2/7/2016 4:07:05 AM   
Gunner98

You can set Ref points on another side which the player cannot see.

For the save games I use version numbers. Also make sure when your in the editor mode you save as an .scen file not a .sav file. When playing in normal mode it all works fine but when in the editor you need to check it each time just to make sure

Its a very powerful program with a steep learning curve, keep at it. Looking good so far.

B

(in reply to Face01)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Club Med-Beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI