Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Starting a new game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Starting a new game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Starting a new game - 2/8/2016 12:46:45 PM   
Powloon

I'm just about to start an AI campaign game as the axis. What would people recommend as a good set of options to pick for a challenging game (I'm not a complete noob but haven't played for a while and have a lot to relearn)?

Secondly what do people tend to pick for their air doctrine figures and why?
Post #: 1
RE: Starting a new game - 2/8/2016 2:37:02 PM   
Denniss

I'd start learning again with a Road to ... scenario to get your feeling back and/or train opening moves. Within the next two weeks we expect to have 1.08.08 as public Beta, I won't start a new campaign without.

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 2
RE: Starting a new game - 2/8/2016 2:38:04 PM   
No idea

Regarding the set of options, if you havent played for a while, I think +1 soviet attack bonus but mild blizzard is the best. Play Alt CV campaign, because it is much easier to tell your chances in a fight than without it.
ç
Regarding air doctrines, except for the first turn, when I set the minimum % of planes to do a mission at 5%, (during second turn I change it to 50% again) I dont bother with it. Leave it at their initial figures.

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 3
RE: Starting a new game - 2/8/2016 2:39:56 PM   
Commanderski

When playing against the Soviet AI this will give you a pretty good fight. You may want to wait until the new patch comes out before starting a new campaign. Hopefully it will be out very soon. My air doctrine varies, I'm sure some other responses will give a definitive answer on that.

Morale = 110
Fort Level = 120
Logistics = 110
Transport = 110
Admin = 120

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 4
RE: Starting a new game - 2/9/2016 8:00:38 AM   
Powloon

Thanks for the replies! I opened a new game last night and tried to fight down the feeling of being overwhelmed by the scale of the game

Another random question do squadrons with planes damaged repair faster in Reserve or is it entirely dependant on the support level at the airbase?

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 5
RE: Starting a new game - 2/9/2016 9:21:15 AM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Powloon

Thanks for the replies! I opened a new game last night and tried to fight down the feeling of being overwhelmed by the scale of the game

Another random question do squadrons with planes damaged repair faster in Reserve or is it entirely dependant on the support level at the airbase?

I dont know if they repair faster at reserve (I guess they should, but I dont know) however, support level has nothign to see with what it seems to mean. Support level is the number of squadrons the AI will try to keep in a given airbase. For example, if you give an airbase a support level of 5, the game will try to keep 5 "squadrons" in that airbase (have in mind from time to time "squadrons" automatically go to reserve due to losses, the AI will then try to give a new squadron to that airbase to keep it at 5. You can indirectly rule which kind of squadrons automatically go to which airbases meddling with the "range" option next to "support level")

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 6
RE: Starting a new game - 2/9/2016 10:08:48 AM   
Powloon

Sorry for being unclear by support level I meant support squads.

Basically I am assuming that as long as the number of support squads is greater than needed support squads that planes repair at a "normal" rate and if it is not sufficient the game penalises repair speed. I just wondered if there was any advantage to sending damaged air units back to the reserve other than they are invulnerable to attack such as do they repair faster / gain morale faster?

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 7
RE: Starting a new game - 2/9/2016 4:05:13 PM   
Cavalry Corp

What setting would be recommended for PBEM two newish players who have done several scn ( 4 ) and this will be the first campaign... thanks guys

(in reply to Powloon)
Post #: 8
RE: Starting a new game - 2/9/2016 8:48:24 PM   
Hermann

go with the don to Danube scenarios the game sets you up pretty much evenly matched with a lot of options and flexibility

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 9
RE: Starting a new game - 2/10/2016 7:52:42 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Hermann,
yes we are playing scn - I was asking about settings for the campaign.

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Starting a new game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI