Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few Mega Campaign questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A few Mega Campaign questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few Mega Campaign questions... - 4/26/2001 3:42:00 PM   
cjpaul

I have a few questions regarding the Mega Campaigns: 1. Will there be a demo version? (I'm in Europe and before I spend an outrageous amount of money on shipping, I would like to see what it's like. I've had too many other disappointing software titles; I always prefer to try out a demo, if possible.) 2. On page 126 of the v5.0 manual is the following: "Mega Campaign has been modified to run with SPWaW in a seamless fashion. For those of you who have played Mega Campaigns, they have been improved and expanded, and for those of you who have not, you are in for a lot of fun." Does this imply that Mega Campaigns have been available prior to v5.0 of SPW@W? If so, with what games? When? Where can it be found? 3. How will the additional Mega Campaigns be made available? The 1st one is Desert Fox '41, so will a new CD for $25 have to be purchased for each additional campaign? Or will they be available as free downloads, the only requirement being that you have to have the original Desert Fox '41 CD? Or a reduced cost for those who already have the CD? Or, if I were only interested in the Great Patriotic War, would it be possible to purchase a campaign for that without having to have the Desert Fox '41 CD? (Assuming there will be such a campaign.) Thanks in advance, cjpaul

Post #: 1
- 4/26/2001 5:31:00 PM   
nimu

Hi cjpaul. I'm from Europe too and i had the same doubt abot spending nearly 40 dollars to buy something in a "closed box".But i taking a look around this forum i realized that people of Matrix Team are serious and always do a grat job.SPWAW has always improoved itself trough the differnt versions released and i'm sure V5.will do the same.Concerning M-C i'm pretty sure it will be awesome!What all the wargamers around the world have always desired!!! For what is about free download....i gotta say that everybody would like to keep going on with this dream of not paying all the ours of amusement spet playing SPWAW,but we have to realize that nobody can work for free!!!If we wanna keep playing spwaw and wanna see it growin' we must support matrix team;and yhe best way to do that is to pay for what we gain and for their hard work. I know that surely i didn't make up your mind 'cause when the subjecy is money everyone should do what he wanna do.So my suggestion is to wait some days and see here what people who bought M-C thinks about it and than decide by yourself. best regards

"out of ammo........God save the King"

(in reply to cjpaul)
Post #: 2
- 4/26/2001 5:59:00 PM   
Resisti

Hi, Cjpaul. 1)The free for download 5.0 version of Spwaw will include a demo of the MC. 2)For what I know, no others MC have been available for earlier versions of SPWAW;the MC system is something coming from other games of the SP serie. 3)Well,here Matrix can reply better than me for sure, but I think that each new MC will be SOLD separately.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to cjpaul)
Post #: 3
- 4/26/2001 6:26:00 PM   
Don

As to #3, each MC will be sold separately, and you don't have to have any one to play another one. If you play SPWAW, you won't be disappointed in the MC. As David says, if they sell 3500 of each of the first two MC's, they will be able to re-write SPWAW!

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to cjpaul)
Post #: 4
- 4/27/2001 6:58:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... As for #2, when I was with Novastar Game Co., we made several Mega Campaigns for SP I and SP II. They are no longer available. Bye... Michael Wood

(in reply to cjpaul)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A few Mega Campaign questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI