Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 2:43:14 AM   
BillSirKill

Searched the forums... no luck!

1. Is there a way to call off a surface ship's burst barrage - once opfor ship is sunk?

2. I noticed that the RGM-109E Tomahawk BLK IV Tactom has a DP rating of 311. Several of these hit a runway and was only awarded 39.2 DP's -- Is this normal?

Thanks..Bill

Post #: 1
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 3:11:54 AM   
Rory Noonan

1. Not sure if you mean guns or missiles; in the event of guns the ship should stop firing once the target is deemed destroyed. Obviously if there are rounds in the air on the way they won't just disappear. As for missiles, there's currently no 'self destruct' order that I'm aware of; it is possible to have e.g. a harpoon go autonomous and then lock on to a nearby neutral. Again, your ships should stop firing if the target is deemed destroyed.

2. On the face of it, yes. I'm not sure exactly what the Tactom Blk IV is, but unless it has a penetrator warhead it will usually not do much damage against a runway. If you're trying to damage a runway you're best off using heavy, penetrator-type laser guided bombs. If these aren't available then you could use other things like heavy GBUs/LDGPs, rockets, etc. Cluster munitions in my experience are far better used against a/c tarmacs and taxiways etc.

Something to remember is that it is currently nigh impossible to destroy a runway, and much as in real life, damaging a runway will put it out of commission for hours rather than forever.

If you run into anything you think is strange, post up a save file (inside a .zip) and people can give you much more specific answers.

(in reply to BillSirKill)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 3:16:10 AM   
Dysta

1, Pause the game, then call your attacking unit to disengage all target, and cancel the mission that made unit to attack again. If it is in a middle of volly, it will still fire all or it regardless.

2, I haven't find out yet.

Post #: 3
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 3:29:31 AM   
BillSirKill

thanks for the quick resply!!

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 6:56:49 AM   
ComDev

Please post savegames

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Post #: 5
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 2:42:33 PM   
cns180784

For airbases i just target their ammo stores, leave the runway. Once their ammo stores are destroyed and the mission requires you to inflict max damage on the AB then go for the hangars. In Canarys Cage i used GBU-10E LGB to destroy the ammo pads, but what weapons can destroy hardened a/c shelters? i mean with a single hit?

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 7:58:33 PM   
Aivlis

Runways are annoying to destroy, and rightfully so, without specialized munitions. Not too sure on your particular example, but it sounds about right for a non-penetrating warhead. Try hitting the fuel depots if they are above ground, the ammo revetments if there are few, or the runway access points in the case they are the chokepoint for moving A/C to the runway.

< Message edited by Aivlis -- 2/13/2016 8:59:31 PM >

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/13/2016 8:14:40 PM   
Luidzi

Tomahawk has a standard high-explosive warhead, good against small runways only, 2000m and longer runways are highly resistant to conventional explosives. Against these you need specialized anti-runway weapons. Bombs with bunker-busting warheads (hard target penetrators) are also useful.

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 8
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/14/2016 12:43:53 PM   
cns180784

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aivlis

Runways are annoying to destroy, and rightfully so, without specialized munitions. Not too sure on your particular example, but it sounds about right for a non-penetrating warhead. Try hitting the fuel depots if they are above ground, the ammo revetments if there are few, or the runway access points in the case they are the chokepoint for moving A/C to the runway.

Destroying an airbases' fuel supplies doesnt result in a mission kill on that AB. I remember a dev talking about how an AB could have fuel delivered to it by ground based tankers if an AB loses its own supplies. But if you destroy all of its ammo stores then they'll have no ammo. Sure a/c can take off still but the most they can do is launch non shooters such as EW/AEW which are easy prey. You could still have the runway as a target and give one or two a/c loadouts with penetrating warheads but i would make the ammo stores my primary targets, because as people here have said, its difficult to knock a runway out of action and if you do manage to, it will only be for a few hours.

(in reply to Aivlis)
Post #: 9
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/14/2016 8:10:08 PM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: cns180784

For airbases i just target their ammo stores, leave the runway. Once their ammo stores are destroyed and the mission requires you to inflict max damage on the AB then go for the hangars. In Canarys Cage i used GBU-10E LGB to destroy the ammo pads, but what weapons can destroy hardened a/c shelters? i mean with a single hit?

Using the canary's cage example again, there's a 'penetrator' type 2,000lb LGB available for the F/A-18s that works really well on hardened AC shelters.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 10
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/14/2016 10:22:03 PM   
cns180784

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

quote:

Using the canary's cage example again, there's a 'penetrator' type 2,000lb LGB available for the F/A-18s that works really well on hardened AC shelters.

Yea i noticed that. What would the non penetrating 2,000lb LGB's do to hardened a/c shelters? (GBU-10E what i used on the ammo pads) would they just damage them? could a few hits with those destroy a HAS?

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 11
RE: How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances - 2/15/2016 12:12:42 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

quote:

Yea i noticed that. What would the non penetrating 2,000lb LGB's do to hardened a/c shelters? (GBU-10E what i used on the ammo pads) would they just damage them? could a few hits with those destroy a HAS?

What do your logs say?

Mike

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How to Cease Fire a volley & DP variances Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI