Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/17/2016 8:00:51 PM   
wombatofwar

So the boxed upgrades i ordered finally arrived in the mail and i find the first decisive campaigns barbarosa is a gorgeous 300+ page hard cover manual as promise, but the other one is not only not a complete manual it also is not in colour.

considering the ordering page says the following:

"If you already own a digital version of the game from our site, Steam (or anywhere else!) and would like to add a box and full colour printed manual to your collection, just click on the buy Boxed Upgrade button. You will receive a box of the product you have chosen, a printed manual, in full colours and a DVD with in an interactive version of our catalogue"

where the hell is my complete full colour manual??
Post #: 1
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/17/2016 8:10:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

Which is the second game you ordered? As per the store, not all our games come with color manuals - most of them do but that's what the edition markings are for. As the front page of the store sets out, the Standard Editions are Black and White manuals. The Collector's Editions are full color manuals. A few games (I believe three in total) have big hard cover color manuals like Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa.

The boxed upgrade basically gives you whatever the boxed version for that game is, just as if you'd bought it in the first place. I agree it should not be promising a color manual in all cases as that's not the case - it should simply promise the printed manual that is part of the physical version.

There are also a couple of games I can think of where the printed manual had to be abridged omitting a few less important sections (which are still in the PDF) just in order to physically fit in the box. That was clearly stated for those games and again it's not an inferior version that's reserved for upgrade customers. It's the same that all physical customers get.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wombatofwar)
Post #: 2
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/17/2016 8:13:52 PM   
wings7

Which other game?

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to wombatofwar)
Post #: 3
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/19/2016 9:40:33 AM   
IainMcNeil

Sorry for the confusion. When boxed upgrades were first launched they were all full colour but due to demand we added some back catalog games. One of those, War in the East is not full colour. I can't see where the comment about all boxed copies being full colour as I cant see that anywhere in the store. We'll need to correct that if it does say it. While it was true, its not true any more. If you can point us to the incorrect statement we'll get it fixed and contact support if you'd like to return your box and we'll give you a full refund. Once again sorry for any confusion.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 4
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/19/2016 11:47:45 AM   
IainMcNeil

Someone pointed me to the text and I've asked for it to be updated to reflect the fact that a game was added that does not have a colour manual.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/19/2016 11:48:39 AM   
Yogi the Great

Below copied from the Store:

Digital Express Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed DVD (with your order number and serial number printed on it) and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

Standard Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed DVD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed grayscale manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

Collector's Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed DVD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed full color manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/19/2016 12:06:47 PM   
IainMcNeil

That information is all correct Yogi, the problem was War in the East is a standard edition, not Collectors and was added to the boxed upgrades list meaning not all boxed upgrades were full colour any more.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 7
RE: deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades - 2/20/2016 12:05:30 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Sorry for the confusion. When boxed upgrades were first launched they were all full colour but due to demand we added some back catalog games. One of those, War in the East is not full colour. I can't see where the comment about all boxed copies being full colour as I cant see that anywhere in the store. We'll need to correct that if it does say it. While it was true, its not true any more. If you can point us to the incorrect statement we'll get it fixed and contact support if you'd like to return your box and we'll give you a full refund. Once again sorry for any confusion.

Now that's ^^^ customer service. I think it's why I buy here the most. I got a return long after I got a game cause we could never get it to work on my system. Most company's give you like 15 days or 30 days and "never" a refund. They'll let you exchange it for something but thas about it except for Steam of late. They used to not give refunds at all but they are getting some kind of flack in Europe I see over consumer rights. Love it.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> deceitful advertising of the boxed upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI