Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Well it's the annual what game are you looking foward to this year thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Well it's the annual what game are you looking foward to this year thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Well it's the annual what game are you looking foward t... - 2/16/2016 6:23:07 PM   
aaatoysandmore

So whatcha got on yer plate for this year? I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me yet for upcoming future games have you?

If you see a new skill based one let me know please.

I looked at HOI IV but ain't sure about it yet. I still have this thing about most Paradox games except Crusader Kings I and II and EU:Rome.
Post #: 1
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/16/2016 6:40:23 PM   
MrsWargamer

Tigers on the Hunt.

There are no other games :)

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/16/2016 6:59:38 PM   
jwolf

Polaris Sector looks tempting. I've never really had a chance to play a space strategy game before; this and/or the Paradox Stellaris (? not sure of the name) game look very promising.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/16/2016 7:39:40 PM   
Rodwonder

Tigers on the Hunt, Battlefleet Gothic, Warhammer Total War and Naval Action... I need a new computer first though.

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/16/2016 8:22:32 PM   
SuluSea

War in the East 2

(in reply to Rodwonder)
Post #: 5
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/16/2016 11:38:23 PM   
Yogi the Great

Brother against Brother 2

Tigers on the Hunt

< Message edited by Yogi the Great -- 2/17/2016 12:39:36 AM >

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 6
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/16/2016 11:40:05 PM   
Gilmer

I don't know if it is scheduled to come out this year, but Dishonored 2 looks interesting.

At some point I expect I'll get Flashpoint Campaigns and Command: Modern Air and Naval ops.

< Message edited by H Gilmer -- 2/17/2016 12:54:50 AM >

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 7
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 2:48:42 AM   
Richie61

Hmmm.... Let's see.

Tigers On The Hunt

Panzer Corps: Soviet Corps - not good at the game, but love the looks and idea of it.

Check Your 6! - WOOT The CY6! game series will closely reflect the realities of WWII and Modern air combat while allowing for a playable game.

Tom Clancy: The Division - love the FPS

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 8
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 3:02:56 AM   
DROregon

Steel Tigers

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 9
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 3:35:22 AM   
waltero

Strategic command 3
Not sure about Tigers on the hunt. Probably purchase it so's I can entice me friend into playing War once again.

What we need is a Panzer Corps grand campaign game (combine SC with PC)...Get er done.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?

(in reply to DROregon)
Post #: 10
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 5:14:38 AM   
Ranger33

Probably Hearts of Iron 4 more than anything. I'm liking the streamlined gameplay and strong possibility for ahistorical scenarios to play out. Stellaris from Paradox looks interesting as well, but I have more than enough space 4x games to play as it is.

The new Battletech game won't be released this year but I REALLY hope to be playing the beta at some point.

Steel Tigers from Matrix would be an instant buy.

Really though I'm trying to limit my new purchases, I have a huge backlog to work through. After being out of school for a couple years now I have enough money to buy any game I want, but only a few hours a day to play them! Such is life.

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 11
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 5:34:12 AM   
warspite1

A detailed (naval and land) game of The Mediterranean War 1940-43. I just know its in development somewhere and will be released sometime in 2016.......

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 12
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 10:37:00 PM   
Alan Sharif

Not a lot at the moment, to be honest. Only Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun.

A Sharif

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 13
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 10:52:10 PM   
budd

Steel Tigers
All things Zombies-shotgun
Combined Arms-WW2

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 14
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 11:02:14 PM   
DonCzirr

Steel Tigers

TOAW IV

Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg

John Tiller's Modern Warfare game based on the Panzer Battles engine, sort of hinted at in his interview, but may not happen ... at least this year ... we'll see ... end run-on wish sentence.

Probably not this year or next but one can hope - Campaign Series for Nato vs Warsaw pact - but I'll gnaw on CS Vietnam until then ...

Oh .. and Battle Academy 2 on Android ... and any other semi- decent wargame on Android from Slitherine because wow, the offerings are really abysmal there.

< Message edited by DonCzirr -- 2/18/2016 12:08:13 AM >

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 15
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 11:22:34 PM   
gradenko2k

Hearts of Iron 4.

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 16
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 11:24:10 PM   
MrsWargamer

Should I even be asking what Steel Tigers is?

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 17
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 11:39:09 PM   
balto

Stellaris, HOI 4, and Polaris Sector. Might as well throw in Endless Space 2.

I was thinking about the new TOAW, but I do not want to have read several years of the forum in addition to the manual to get the flavor of it. Now if there was an overall comprehensive manual (which I know there never will be), TOAW would be my #1.

Post #: 18
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/17/2016 11:56:15 PM   
CliffKinsey

Hello,
Where have you been all my life? I play war games,I'm in my 50's.

Post #: 19
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 1:04:00 AM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Should I even be asking what Steel Tigers is?

Steel Panthers remake

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 20
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 1:09:04 AM   
MrsWargamer

That was my guess.

I would say the chances of it showing up are not good.

But then 3 weeks ago I would have laughed at the idea of a game looking just like ASL showing up this month too. Sure was surprised there.

I miss playing Steel Panthers. It got me into computer war gaming in the 90s. But I've gotten tired of the agro trying to play it on anything other than a museum computer with a OS I'm glad to have forgotten.

If it shows up, if it looks just like Steel Panthers, I will cheer.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 21
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 1:15:40 AM   
DonCzirr

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

I miss playing Steel Panthers. It got me into computer war gaming in the 90s. But I've gotten tired of the agro trying to play it on anything other than a museum computer with a OS I'm glad to have forgotten.

No need for that. Get WinSpMBT - plays well on Windows 8 and at higher resolutions.

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Post #: 22
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 2:54:54 AM   
balto

I saw Erik post something on DW 2, not specific but there appeared to be life in DW 2 land. I thought that was never going to happen. So add in DW 2 to my must-haves for this coming year.

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 23
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 8:41:06 AM   
Rising-Sun

Looking forward to get Hearts of Iron IV, Stellaris and Polaris Sector. If they are working on Distant Worlds 2, I would be interesting in that as well.

< Message edited by RisingSun -- 2/18/2016 9:42:43 AM >

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 24
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 6:36:58 PM   
wodin

Any news on Grigsby's tactical wargame.

Graviteam Tactics Muis front (Please god this year)

Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg and anything else that may come out for CMRT,CMBN or BS.

Interested in the Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm expansion. Also if anything is on the cards using DC Barbarossa engine.

New Battletech game. Forgot I KS that one.

Eye out to see what the Check Six game looks like. Taht could be one to buy, def one to watch.

There is talk of Wings Over Flanders Field Gold..will buy that one when it arrives.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 25
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 9:11:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

A detailed (naval and land) game of The Mediterranean War 1940-43. I just know its in development somewhere and will be released sometime in 2016.......

warspite1

Well no one denied it - its gonna happen I just know it

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 26
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 9:18:49 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

It is more likely that they release the 'flying pig' simulator.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 27
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 9:21:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Yes you are probably right

Flying Pig?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/18/2016 10:22:37 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 28
RE: Well it's the annual what game are you looking fowa... - 2/18/2016 11:35:37 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Yes you are probably right

Flying Pig?

Did Pink Floyd have this in mind?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 29
MOO?? !!! - 2/25/2016 3:32:44 AM   
balto

I follow Quill 18 and he is playing a new version of MOO. I checked Steam and crazy enough, it will be released (beta) 2-26-15!! I do not know how this game slipped under my radar. I watched his first video and it looks like fun. Polaris does not come out until 3-22-16 so I am going to get MOO in the interim and see if it is any good.

I have a feeling this will not be as good as Polaris because MOO kind of snuck-up on me and Polaris has been leading us down the road of development for a while now and it looks mega-great.

I will read the Forum on Steam for this in the coming days. It seems others have known about this for a while now because some of the posts are from June 2015. AS I said before, I have no idea how this snuck past my "gaming radar."

2016 must be the year of the Space 4x.., MOO, Polaris, Stellaris, Endless Space 2, and hopefully DW 2.., freaking great year for gaming!!!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by balto -- 2/25/2016 3:33:32 AM >

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Well it's the annual what game are you looking foward to this year thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI