Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why dont move my planes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Why dont move my planes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why dont move my planes? - 2/21/2016 9:50:26 PM   
danimaning2

Hi all.

I am newbie with the game (base game + torch)

And my ask are, why some of my missions dont take off?. The are 0 sorties. There are fair weather and I dont have a lot of missions with this command or in this day of the week.
Normaly they are night missions.

How can i see why the missions dont move?.

A lot of thnks.
Post #: 1
RE: Why dont move my planes? - 2/21/2016 9:55:31 PM   
whoofe

what types of missions - air superiority? bombing? recon? if bombing missions, for example, have you selected target types with in the target zone that apply?

also - since you say its night missions - are the planes you selected set up for night or day? (or both?)

< Message edited by whoofe -- 2/21/2016 10:57:12 PM >

(in reply to danimaning2)
Post #: 2
RE: Why dont move my planes? - 2/21/2016 9:57:57 PM   
LiquidSky

For a sortie to fly it needs several things. First of all, the planes have to match the mission. If you want to fly night missions, the planes have to be set as well. Planes can be set for DN (Day/Night), DO (Day Only), NO (Night Only), RS (Resting), TR (Training).

When you select your Air Directive, you can set the mission to fly either DAY or NIGHT.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Post #: 3
RE: Why dont move my planes? - 2/21/2016 10:11:24 PM   
danimaning2

The missions are night bombing.
I choose the planes manual (not auto), and all of they are ready to fly this mission.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 4
RE: Why dont move my planes? - 2/21/2016 11:24:34 PM   
LiquidSky

When you choose the planes, are they greyed out? If so, they wont fly for some reason..you can click the NO FLY box at the bottom and it will show why.

Assuming that the planes are in white, and should be able to fly the mission....does the mission make sense? Are you trying to bomb airfields in an area that doesn't have them? Units instead of Interdiction?

Does the airbase have supply? Make sure the supply level is higher then 1.

That's only a few things I can think of.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Post #: 5
RE: Why dont move my planes? - 2/22/2016 5:50:25 AM   
Helpless

Some candidates could be:

- No planes were available at the start (Check no fly codes. With the latest patches show AD target should have blinking AD names in case no planes qualified also showing all "no fly" codes in the live map popup).

- Not enough planes to fly all ADs, i.e. planes ran out of mileage flying some other ADs or naval auto patrol missions.

- AD min plane setting is too high.

- No eligible targets. For example, you set to bomb railyards, but there is no (undamaged) railyards in the area. Such situation should also cause AD name blinking.

Air execution section in the event log should give some hint why it was not flying.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Helpless -- 2/22/2016 6:51:35 AM >

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Why dont move my planes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI