Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with Supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Help with Supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 5:56:45 PM   
bobthebretonnian

I have absolutely no supply going into sicily from anywhere and i dont know why help please. Sorry nut supply in this game totally confuses me
Post #: 1
RE: Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 6:09:27 PM   
HMSWarspite

Very hard to help without some more info... What scenario, turn, side, are you playing? What have you done?

If you are Allies, and have just invaded, have you left the Amphibs in place to support the temporary ports? All the 'real' ports will be damaged and wont provide sensible supply until repaired.

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to bobthebretonnian)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 6:27:45 PM   
bobthebretonnian

Getting supplies in Tunis and Sousse but nothing is going to sicily what an earth do i Have to do

Post #: 3
RE: Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 6:55:28 PM   
Ostwindflak

As HMSWarspite said, leave some of the Amphibious TFs in place to keep your beachheads open while you repair ports. Set the larger ports on priority repair status.

Post #: 4
RE: Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 7:09:57 PM   
bobthebretonnian

I am playing the 43-45 Campaign. I have just landed at the coast and have 4 fleets by the ports. However just am not getting any supplies at all

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 7:33:17 PM   
whoofe

enemy naval interdiction too high perhaps?

Post #: 6
RE: Help with Supply - 2/24/2016 8:01:46 PM   
RedLancer

Place a save file in a zip and upload to the bug report forum - I'll move the post to the main area. The community will solve it pretty quick I believe once we can see what's going on.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to whoofe)
Post #: 7
RE: Help with Supply - 2/25/2016 9:14:41 AM   
bobthebretonnian

Alright seems to have worked left the fleets by the invasions beaches had to change a few things but now supplies seem to be going to units. Mind you finding it hard to kill/rout enemy units assaulting palermo with 147k troops V 6k and cant seem to budge em

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 8
RE: Help with Supply - 2/25/2016 9:22:19 PM   
HMSWarspite

The troop numbers are only a very approximate guide to strength. You need to look at CV. You will find that units, with supply, in cities have a huge defense value. You need to isolate them. For Palermo (or other ports) this means blocking sea supply. You can do this with naval patrols (a naval AD), or by parking an amphib unit next to the port. This has an added bonus of giving naval gunfire support. However it will result in damage to the amphib. Once you have isolated the port, you then have the problem that it might have quite large stocks in depot there - isolate the port and let it use up supply for a while. Meanwhile, attack from the air. Make sure when you do attack the units are in the same corps, and there is lots of artillery in that HQ. Attach engineers to the attacking units. You will get there eventually, but dont keep attacking if you are not achieving good odds (better than 1:1) as you will tire fast. In this case wait for next turn.

Oh, and make sure you have air superiority so they can't fly supply in...

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Help with Supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI