Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rebellions on conquered homeworlds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Rebellions on conquered homeworlds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 2:16:09 PM   
Remigius

So I recently invaded an enemys homeworld with about twice the power of the defenders. So far so good, thought it took quite a while to wittle them down.
But after the initial conquest, they rebelled at least three times in a row, each time spawning ca. 20 troops(more than they initially had there). Naturally, they wittled down my troops, who were outnumbered.
As taxes are set to zero automaticly, what else can I do, to reduce the number ov rebellions until they accept my rule? Should i immediatly build a medrecreation base?
Are this many rebellions the norm?(they did not naturally dislike me)How many more troops do I have to come up with? Do I really have to go with 70+ troops for invading a 16billion planet, which has less than 20 troops at the beginning and mostly for the following rebellions??
Post #: 1
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 3:19:18 PM   
Retreat1970

Homeworld, I go minimum 3:1. Possibly more depending on the race I'm fighting.

quote:

Do I really have to go with 70+ troops for invading a 16billion planet, which has less than 20 troops at the beginning and mostly for the following rebellions??

You kinda answered your own question.

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 2
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 3:40:51 PM   
Bingeling

And add to that: Are you sure taxes are automatically set to zero? Do you run automatic taxes?

Last time I checked (which is quite some time ago), taxes are inherited after conquest. Which is instant rebellion on the "main race" colonies of your enemy, since they were nice and happy and probably had 30-35% tax. Rebellion is almost instant when that is inherited after conquest.

With automated taxes, the AI is quick enough to avoid rebellion.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 3
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 5:16:11 PM   
Retreat1970

Don't forget, depending on the conquered race, you can have a huge "angry at the recent conquest" negative modifier. A med/rec isn't going to help much. The only thing that helps is time. As Bingeling says, make sure taxes are 0, and make sure you invade with enough to begin with to handle uprisings.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 4
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 7:31:41 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

the secret with Rebels is always: more troops, more troops.. !!!

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 2/17/2016 8:33:27 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 7:57:00 PM   
ASHBERY76

Working as designed.Yeah its tough keeping the peace on a homeworld with billions if angry aliens.

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 6
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 9:28:53 PM   
Remigius

Taxes are set on manually, I am not sure, but as the capital world, it should have had high taxes while under the former rulers.
What took me by surprise is the number of troops raised on each rebellion.
Do I incurr a reputation penality for bombarding a race with diabolical reputation? Would be nice if i could bomb these guys into oblivion while maintaining a good rep.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 7
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/17/2016 9:49:10 PM   
Retreat1970

quote:

Do I incurr a reputation penality for bombarding a race with diabolical reputation?

Yes.

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 8
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/18/2016 7:20:35 AM   
Bingeling

With manual taxes, I know of no other option than to have the habit of immediately pausing and diving into the colony screen once you see the colony takeover popup. The tax must go down.

It is one main reason why I like automated taxes...

Post #: 9
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/20/2016 9:00:17 PM   
amariah

I have found having ships in orbit also helps.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 10
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/20/2016 9:14:14 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

very interesting, I will give it a try

(in reply to amariah)
Post #: 11
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/20/2016 9:57:46 PM   
Bingeling

Pay attention to the modifiers during battle. Space control, armored breakthrough. That kind of stuff.

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 12
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/23/2016 9:08:56 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

My typical invasion fleet has ~2000k of mixed troops. They can rebel all they want after I smash their puny defenses but nothing is getting past that wall o guns. Afterwards when the happy modifier improves to the point they stop firebombing and rioting I scoop them up to nab the next world on the list.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 13
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/23/2016 9:21:40 PM   
Blabsawaw22

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

My typical invasion fleet has ~2000k of mixed troops. They can rebel all they want after I smash their puny defenses but nothing is getting past that wall o guns. Afterwards when the happy modifier improves to the point they stop firebombing and rioting I scoop them up to nab the next world on the list.

This has been my solution since the beginning of playing the game.. I actually don't know why nobody said that already.. ??

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 14
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/23/2016 10:02:10 PM   
Remigius

Well, i was no where able to amass that many troops, it was early in a game, perhaps to early for a homeworld invasion.
Some other things came up recently, if you dont mind.
Do the non diplomatic skills from an ambassador benefit the foreign world, or are they even restricted from affecting anything else?
After 5,5 years, i have 7% of the research compared to the leading ai. I dont want to pry on them with the editor, but even very good scientists shouldnt have evolved that far during that time. Even after crash research and their research perhaps being cheaper than mine(due to playing on hard), it seems odd. How do they do that?

(in reply to Blabsawaw22)
Post #: 15
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/23/2016 10:35:57 PM   
Blabsawaw22

quote:

ORIGINAL: Remigius

Well, i was no where able to amass that many troops, it was early in a game, perhaps to early for a homeworld invasion.

well then there is your answer right there!

If you aren't ready to amass many troops (it doesn't have to be frickin 2000, it can be 70..)

then Why are you attacking so many colonies?

You can play the game however you want. Thats the good part, but if you see they are just rebelling and you don't have enough troops left over to fight them, then ??? do I really need to type this one out? hehe

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 16
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/23/2016 10:58:53 PM   
HerpInYourDerp

quote:

Do the non diplomatic skills from an ambassador benefit the foreign world, or are they even restricted from affecting anything else?
After 5,5 years, i have 7% of the research compared to the leading ai. I dont want to pry on them with the editor, but even very good scientists shouldnt have evolved that far during that time. Even after crash research and their research perhaps being cheaper than mine(due to playing on hard), it seems odd. How do they do that?

AI race may also have innate research bonus (or have a starter scientist/leader with +%research stats) or even might have built a research base on a +% planet/moon.

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 17
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/24/2016 6:33:37 AM   
Bingeling

quote:

Do you have enough research labs to cover the research potential? If you have a AI designed small spaceport and no additional research stations you won't for sure.

The unmodified total values for each branch in the list should be greater than the empire potential shown in red background in the upper right.

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 18
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/24/2016 4:22:20 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blabsawaw22

(it doesn't have to be frickin 2000, it can be 70..)

Thats for homeworld busting. Colonies usually take only a handful in comparison.

Post #: 19
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/24/2016 10:12:30 PM   
Remigius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Do you have enough research labs to cover the research potential? If you have a AI designed small spaceport and no additional research stations you won't for sure.

The unmodified total values for each branch in the list should be greater than the empire potential shown in red background in the upper right.

I have a TERP of 500 and my labs have unmodified TRC 150 each, so I am slightly below hte limit. Did you mean, that each branch on its own should have more TRC than the TERP?
If so, I have never done this, as I am under the impression, that what counts against the TERP is the combined TRC, as I am always researching in each branch simultaneously.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 20
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/25/2016 2:10:35 AM   
Blabsawaw22

quote:

A, B, C = Weapons, Hightech, Energy.

A+B+C = D

D = (Whatever number added up.. A+B+C!!! )

D > R (D has to be greater than R!!)

What is R???

R = Terp (Total Empire Research Potential.)

Make sense Remuguis???

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 2/25/2016 2:11:38 AM >

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 21
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/25/2016 10:00:25 AM   
Remigius

Thats how I understood it all along, as I wrote above. It was the wording in Bingelings post which had me confused.
As english is not my first language, in his position, I would have said "The unmodified total values for each branch combined".
That way its more clear to me. I am not as dumb as my writing and asking might suggest.

Post #: 22
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 2/25/2016 11:04:22 AM   
Bingeling

Sloppy wording by me, indeed :(

(in reply to Remigius)
Post #: 23
RE: Rebellions on conquered homeworlds - 3/1/2016 4:09:08 AM   
NephilimNexus

Orbital bombardment until population is just under 3B and there are no enemy troops left. Land eight basic infantry. Set taxes to zero, begin building a Spaceport with Recreation and Medical facilities.

By the time it gets done building the Happiness should be at least +20 or so. You may now begin collecting taxes and remove the garrison.

This isn't difficult.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Rebellions on conquered homeworlds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI