Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 8:21:04 PM   
Paullus

At the moment you download the patched files and paste them into you TotH folder, except for the scenario that you past to the scenario folder

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 31
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 8:31:11 PM   
beatboy

ty mine brain finally kicked in, it is an age thingy

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 32
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 9:20:02 PM   
Zap

Okay, I new this was going to be an issue. If you don't make this easy for the person who has little ability with computers your going to get questions. So I download the patch extract the downloads for the game. Seems it went well but the scenario I can't get it to extract. I have to go to internet explorer. Can someone help make this go smoothly.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 33
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 9:29:24 PM   
Paullus

Off course we will help.

- Go into the explorer, not Internet Explorer but Windows Explorer.
- Find the zip-file with the scenarios
- Right click on the file
- choose 7-zip and choose Unpack into "New Scenarios\" or something like that, I have a Swedish language on my windows computer
- The files will now be in that folder so go to that folder and copy the files
- Then paste them into the scenario folder in the TotH game folder.

get back if it don't work

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 34
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 9:41:32 PM   
Zap

I can not find explorer app only Internet explorer

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 35
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 9:45:42 PM   
Paullus

okay what is your Windows version or if you have anything else what version?

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 36
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 9:48:51 PM   
Zap

Windows ten

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 37
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 9:55:39 PM   
Paullus

Great. Then I will walk you through.

In the task bar at the bottom you have a yellow icon with a blue holder, the map or folder icon. This is the Windows Explorer. If you click that the Windows Explorer opens and you can access maps and files. Can you locate your downloaded file there?

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 38
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 10:01:28 PM   
FroBodine

So, this game doesn't have an auto-updater update button on the game menu like every other Matrix Games game?

I realize the scenarios will have to be manually saved, but the patch should auto-update, shouldn't it?

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 39
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 10:03:56 PM   
Paullus

I'm fairly sure this will be the case as well but it will take a while longer

< Message edited by Paullus -- 2/25/2016 10:04:21 PM >

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 40
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 10:13:26 PM   
Zap

Okay I found what you were speaking of Downloaded to the scenario folder but when I looked for the scenario in the scenario list it was not in the list. It says it cannot open a file in archive or something similar

< Message edited by Zap -- 2/25/2016 10:19:13 PM >

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 41
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 10:21:41 PM   
Dreader1962

Just an FYI - the patch .exe files do not have Publisher information, so Windows 10 blocks them by default. You can run them anyway, but the choice is 'hidden'. Might stumble up some people.

The base installer shows Sliterine as the publisher, by the way.

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 42
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 10:24:11 PM   
Paullus

Unpack the files in another folder, say your download folder. After that copy the scenario files, the two Revenge for Bruno files and paste them in the scenario folder. Now they should show up.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 43
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/25/2016 11:15:58 PM   
Dreader1962

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dreader1962

Just an FYI - the patch .exe files do not have Publisher information, so Windows 10 blocks them by default. You can run them anyway, but the choice is 'hidden'. Might stumble up some people.

The base installer shows Sliterine as the publisher, by the way.

Found out that these .exe files are NOT patch executables; they must be copied over the existing .exe files in the installation. A message to the Moderator/support - you are going to spend DAYS helping people get through this operation.

Trust me, I know - I am a Software QA Tester/Customer Support technician for a business software company.

(in reply to Dreader1962)
Post #: 44
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/26/2016 12:01:15 AM   
tmalloy

The patch did not work for me (perhaps due to user error). I installed the base version and it ran fine. After downloading the patch, I copied the files over the base game executables. Upon launch, the start menu appeared as expected, but hitting the "play game" button resulted in nothing happening. I set the executables to run as an administrator, but that had no effect. I rebooted and got the same result. When I tried to uninstall the game, it said a TotH-related sound file was still trying to run (maybe that was what kept the game from starting?). After rebooting, I was able to uninstall and reinstall back to the release version. Everything is working fine now, but I think I will wait until the patch is available through "check for updates"..... Anyway, looking forward to playing this! OF COURSE you can't expect a wargamer to post without offering a "suggestion", even with only 3 minutes of playtime under his belt! SO...perhaps future versions could include a way to zoom the map or change the resolution from within the game.

(in reply to Dreader1962)
Post #: 45
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/26/2016 2:46:17 AM   
genesismwt

Thank you Peter. I have dreamt of this day since 1984! I have to laugh, back then my buddy and I thought that amount of computing power needed would require a machine with RAM exceeding the unheard amount of One Megabyte! LOL, what noob I was/am.

But seriously, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Squad leader is such a great game system for table top! I was really losing faith that it would ever be brought to the computer for play against AI. I purchased Close Combat upon learning that it was SL inspired. It was OK, but's not SL.

I have played one game and the whole time I am just muttering to myself, "this is squad leader!". Every move is deliciously tense. Half my units are broke, yet the other half are Supermen, running around mopping up the enemy. Just as I thought time was running out for, the enemy had vanished and I was able to grab all the victory locations. This is so SL!

So again, Thank you!

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 46
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/26/2016 2:49:01 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: genesismwt

Thank you Peter. I have dreamt of this day since 1984! I have to laugh, back then my buddy and I thought that amount of computing power needed would require a machine with RAM exceeding the unheard amount of One Megabyte! LOL, what noob I was/am.

But seriously, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Squad leader is such a great game system for table top! I was really losing faith that it would ever be brought to the computer for play against AI. I purchased Close Combat upon learning that it was SL inspired. It was OK, but's not SL.

I have played one game and the whole time I am just muttering to myself, "this is squad leader!". Every move is deliciously tense. Half my units are broke, yet the other half are Supermen, running around mopping up the enemy. Just as I thought time was running out for, the enemy had vanished and I was able to grab all the victory locations. This is so SL!

So again, Thank you!

genesismwt,

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you like it! :)

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 47
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/26/2016 3:16:46 AM   
Zap

I cannot unload them to the download folder because they already are in the folder. And yet there are other scenarios. If I have to go through this headache every time a mod or scenario is produced I just won't do it! I've been farting around with this for a while and have not played the game as yet.
Its confusing to me, this process, sorry I can't figure it out. But should I be expected to? I don't know?

I'll justs top for now and maybe see if the gameplay will be less frustrating. Thanks for trying to help.

< Message edited by Zap -- 2/26/2016 3:17:20 AM >

Post #: 48
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/26/2016 3:25:34 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

I cannot unload them to the download folder because they already are in the folder. And yet there are other scenarios. If I have to go through this headache every time a mod or scenario is produced I just won't do it! I've been farting around with this for a while and have not played the game as yet.
Its confusing to me, this process, sorry I can't figure it out. But should I be expected to? I don't know?

I'll justs top for now and maybe see if the gameplay will be less frustrating. Thanks for trying to help.

I think idjester did a video on how to install game mods, here the first post:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4031393

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 2/26/2016 3:26:51 AM >

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 49
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/28/2016 12:56:07 PM   
mainsworthy

Peter how do I create a PNG that will be accepted by the game, I want to mod the terrain.png but when I try its corrupts the game graphics?

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 50
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/28/2016 2:22:23 PM   
kylania

Use Gimp 2.0. It's free and can handle transparent PNG files just fine. You'll need to 'export' instead of 'save as' when finished editing though.

(in reply to mainsworthy)
Post #: 51
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 2/28/2016 2:42:18 PM   
mainsworthy

kylania I will try it thx

(in reply to kylania)
Post #: 52
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 3/1/2016 2:06:27 AM   
farnarkle

Sorry I'm a bit late with this as I have been out of computer reach, but Congratulations with the release :) I deleted the Beta version once I realised that I would not be able to continue the testing process and being unemployed guess I won't be seeing the final product on the hard drive any time soon. I really hope this goes gangbusters for you. Happy to be involved is the small way and I will certainly promote it to my small circle now that it's legit :)

(in reply to mainsworthy)
Post #: 53
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 3/4/2016 5:07:09 PM   
36142CP

quote:

ORIGINAL: genesismwt

So again, Thank you!

I agree

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 54
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 3/6/2016 1:24:04 AM   
Noypi53

Congratulations on this great game! I've never played ASL but have been reading up on it lately. It seems ToTH is close to it. Thanks for your dedication on developing this!

I downloaded the Zero Day patch (1.0.11c) & installed the exe files & scenario files. When I click "About ToTH" in the Help Menu, it says version 1.0.11, not 1.0.11c. Do I have the correct version?

(in reply to 36142CP)
Post #: 55
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 3/6/2016 1:27:50 AM   
ArmyEsq

Noypi53, i recommend you buy ASL--especially now that you can harness ASL using TotH. Very exciting development!

(in reply to Noypi53)
Post #: 56
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 3/6/2016 2:20:03 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noypi53

Congratulations on this great game! I've never played ASL but have been reading up on it lately. It seems ToTH is close to it. Thanks for your dedication on developing this!

I downloaded the Zero Day patch (1.0.11c) & installed the exe files & scenario files. When I click "About ToTH" in the Help Menu, it says version 1.0.11, not 1.0.11c. Do I have the correct version?

You have the right version, I just update the zip package few times...that's all

(in reply to Noypi53)
Post #: 57
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 3/6/2016 3:19:24 AM   
Noypi53

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noypi53

You have the right version, I just update the zip package few times...that's all

Thanks, Peter. All the best in your endeavors!

Post #: 58
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 4/2/2016 8:07:11 PM   
parusski

Peter you have done an amazing thing with this game. All the years of work on TotH have paid off.

Thanks for your commitment.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 59
RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! - 1/10/2020 5:28:39 PM   
fuselex

interesting quote from w.t Sherman.

< Message edited by fuselex -- 1/10/2020 5:30:45 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Zero day patch is HERE!!! - and - THANK YOU!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI