Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

box 10.00 us

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> box 10.00 us Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 5:27:25 PM   
bo

What is the advantage of paying the extra money, $10.00 US, what am I getting for the additional money?

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 2/25/2016 7:52:31 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 5:32:52 PM   
Paullus

You'll get the game sent to you on a DVD in a nice DVD box.

See Tams posting http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4030956

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 5:33:06 PM   
Daniele

I'm copying and pasting one of the reply to this question:

"To be more precise, if you by the boxed copy, you get the download version (available immediately), plus a DVD with your name on it will sent to you in a nice DVD case. :)
There is no printed manual, however."

You can read the discussion here

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 7:20:15 PM   
MrsWargamer

What year is it?

Why would anyone want a dvd copy of the game for 10 bucks?

I've burned more discs than I will ever remember. Sometimes they last better than the commercial copies, and sometimes not. Lesson, you get no real guarantee with that physical copy. And if your PC can't burn a disc, well I can only chuckle, sorry.

I once had a 2 TB storage drive die on me too. Lost 2 TB of data. Lesson here, don't consider a back up a real guarantee either.

If I buy this game, the only thing that matters is the serial which ensures if my disc copies and my copy on the lap top and the copies I have here and there on this drive and that drive are not my only recourse. I can always re download it.

Those that pay for JUST a disc in a box. I mean just that, just a disc and a box. You have no right to comment on the price of the product. You have more money than common sense.

It's about an 80 dollar game when you figure in taxes. Yeah it would be cool if it came with a neat full colour hardcover manual too. I paid serious cash when I bought World in Flames. The manuals are awesome. The disc in the one book though. It has zero value to me. Even with my serial printed on a nice silk screened disc. It's worth at best 20 cents.

If I am blessed with this game for my birthday next month, I desire the download. But it's the serial that counts eh. The physical media has no value.
The 10 bucks is the cost to send the item to you in the mail. The time and the effort of staff to process the request.

I've seen this discussion before. I'm always appalled that people actually pay the 10 bucks for a disc and a box.

This has just been an opinion of course. Mine.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 4
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 7:28:55 PM   
vonRocko

MrsWargamer, I'm sorry you are "appalled", but some of us like the the dvd option. What do you care anyhow? So you don't want it, did you have to make a post about it? Don't tell us we have no right to comment on the price of a product.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 5
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 7:33:07 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

You'll get the game sent to you on a DVD in a nice DVD box.

See Tams posting http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4030956

Thank you Paullus and thank you Daniele appreciate your answers and I have decided not to answer an idiotic post by MrsWargamer, on grounds I might be banned from all the posts for my comments even though I am a very strong supporter of Matrix and a Matrix legion of Merit poster.

Again I thank you both but in posts before I thought it was stated by Peter download only.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 2/25/2016 7:49:20 PM >

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 6
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 7:41:15 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

MrsWargamer, I'm sorry you are "appalled", but some of us like the the dvd option. What do you care anyhow? So you don't want it, did you have to make a post about it? Don't tell us we have no right to comment on the price of a product.

vonRocko I have read your posts for years both on the general and the MWIF forums and you have always been a gentleman poster and I thank you for that. It is better probably not to even attempt to answer someone like that, let her stew in her[if it is a she] own dumb opinions.

Do not want to start a flame war here and spoil the intoduction of what looks like a very fine war game, so I will apologize to all other posters that think my post was so terrible.

Bo

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 7
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 9:16:10 PM   
MrsWargamer

Hilarious.

I wouldn't play anyone dumb enough to waste 10 bucks on something that a 13 year old could likely do for them.

Geese this is why I departed earlier. Bunch of whiny easily butt hurt little pussies.

It's called a forum. People post opinions. That was the only reason I required.

I think it's indicative of the lame level of discourse the internet has driven us to, that my saying you didn't have a right to complain about something was actually taken seriously.

It's probably just as well the game isn't multiplayer.

Bo, you post IS idiotic. I don't really care if you consider my comment idiotic.

And while I know it's just an opinion, I DO consider anyone willing to pay 10 bucks for a dvd in a box to be an idiot. Maybe not in 2000 when a burned disc was still cutting edge. But this is 2016. Only an incompetent computer user would require the service.

Are you incompetent?

Regardless, count be out of the discussion.

I hate it when I get weak and forget the lessons of the past.
The reason I don't wish to be here, is not the games, it's the men on the forum.

I think I will ask for some books for my birthday. I'll get the game eventually.

My sig line was a mistake.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 8
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 9:43:53 PM   
vonRocko

Wow, It's no wonder your husband got the hell away from you.

Post #: 9
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 9:47:29 PM   
kylania

Does the boxed version come with the zero day patch included or is it out of date even before you order it?

Post #: 10
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 10:04:52 PM   
michaelspotts

I bought the boxed version simply to support the developer with a bit more well earned money. Call me old fashioned but please don't call me an idiot.

Thanks Peter. Struggling with some medical stuff and along with my faith this superb game is a God send!

Michael

< Message edited by michaelspotts -- 2/25/2016 10:47:32 PM >

(in reply to kylania)
Post #: 11
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 10:39:33 PM   
RobertMc

Ouch. That's a mighty big and ugly gun to bring out over such a small item. A game. A DVD disc. Ten bucks. It's not worth hurting someone with a big blast over a small thing.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 12
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 10:47:17 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Wow, It's no wonder your husband got the hell away from you.

Bo

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 13
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 10:56:17 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertMc

Ouch. That's a mighty big and ugly gun to bring out over such a small item. A game. A DVD disc. Ten bucks. It's not worth hurting someone with a big blast over a small thing.

Hi Robert, again did not want a flame war but I guess it's on why are you knocking vonRocko, she or whatever is calling anybody buying the box version an idiot, what part of that don't you get. Now you have to buy only the download version because if you buy the box version you are an idiot according to her.

I will buy the box version, and so Mrs whatever should understand when I buy any game from Matrix which have been many, I prefer the physical version and that cost is on me, and the second reason is because I can afford to do so

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 2/25/2016 11:03:24 PM >

(in reply to RobertMc)
Post #: 14
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 11:12:24 PM   
RobertMc

Hi Bo,

You are not an idiot, I am not an idiot and no one is an idiot who chooses to pay 10 dollars for the DVD if that's what they want, so if a hundred people call you an idiot and you know you are not one...what does it matter?

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 15
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 11:27:18 PM   
michaelspotts

Thanks for that, Robert. And thanks Bo and VonRocko for your many posts here and everywhere that help a slow to get it wargamer like me enjoy myself greatly.

Mrs. W, I noticed your post elsewhere saying you could not afford the game. Please someone let me know if there is a way to send Mrs. W a $50 gift card electronically from Matrix and I will do so.

No ulterior motive I assure you. I am a happily married man of faith hoping to celebrate the launch of this great game with an offering of peace and goodwill - and a hopeful quelling of this bit of unrest - while adding a bit more support for Peter

(in reply to RobertMc)
Post #: 16
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 11:35:17 PM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelspotts

Thanks for that, Robert. And thanks Bo and VonRocko for your many posts here and everywhere that help a slow to get it wargamer like me enjoy myself greatly.

Mrs. W, I noticed your post elsewhere saying you could not afford the game. Please someone let me know if there is a way to send Mrs. W a $50 gift card electronically from Matrix and I will do so.

No ulterior motive I assure you. I am a happily married man of faith hoping to celebrate the launch of this great game with an offering of peace and goodwill - and a hopeful quelling of this bit of unrest - while adding a bit more support for Peter

Good show Michael

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to michaelspotts)
Post #: 17
RE: box 10.00 us - 2/25/2016 11:51:58 PM   
VPaulus

Couldn't you try be civil with each other?

Thread locked.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> box 10.00 us Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI