Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hmmm - exploit anyone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Hmmm - exploit anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hmmm - exploit anyone? - 4/2/2003 5:35:25 AM   
Mr.Frag

Silly thing, but just how many evil folks when starting a new game with variable or very variable just keep restarting until they get a set they like?

Since these values are set once at the start of the game, it strikes me as the biggest possible exploit in the entire game since you can restart again and again and again until you get the desired results (such as lots of CV's early vs lots of CV's late for the other side).

Perhaps the I key should be locked out for the first turn of the game :D
Post #: 1
- 4/2/2003 7:03:13 AM   
Full Moon

Mr. Frag, it seems that you're the one who's giving away trading secrets.:D I guess this exploits is only for IJN player?

"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory."
Georges Clemenceau

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2003 7:15:05 AM   
Mr.Frag

Seems only fair that both sides know what CAN be done :D

Funny enough, who knows, perhaps I'm the only one evil enough to think of it? :cool:

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
- 4/2/2003 8:06:39 AM   
SoulBlazer

I found another exploit, although it's a small one:

If you hit '4' on your keyboard to turn the combat animations off WHILE the turn is loading (after you've entered your password) you can see the map of Truk and the area around it overlaid over the map screen. It can show you ships and TF's at and around Truk, for both sides.

The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
- 4/3/2003 12:12:51 AM   
crsutton

Really, I would not post this stuff here. Just quietly let Matrix know and keep it to yourself. I doubt that many will take advantage of it but too much of this can ruin a game.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 5
Re: Hmmm - exploit anyone? - 4/3/2003 12:32:50 PM   
iceboy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr.Frag
[B]Silly thing, but just how many evil folks when starting a new game with variable or very variable just keep restarting until they get a set they like?

Since these values are set once at the start of the game, it strikes me as the biggest possible exploit in the entire game since you can restart again and again and again until you get the desired results (such as lots of CV's early vs lots of CV's late for the other side).

Perhaps the I key should be locked out for the first turn of the game :D [/B][/QUOTE]

An easy way for them to fix this would be to make the first turn forces always the same historically and then after the first turn is played by both sides is when the variable reinforcements should kick in.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Hmmm - exploit anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI