Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

In the Terrain file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> In the Terrain file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In the Terrain file - 2/28/2016 6:50:57 PM   
RobertMc

A question for Peter or anyone who has worked with the Terrain graphics file...what are the four tiles in there that look to be unused? One is a variation of woods, the second a blurred and mottled-looking clear tile, the third a very nice-looking marsh or swamp and the fourth is a dark bluish-gray tile I can only describe as a moonscape (?). Just curious about these tiles and why they are inactive...particularly the marsh tile, as that one does look very good and would greatly benefit the map editor.
Post #: 1
RE: In the Terrain file - 2/28/2016 9:49:15 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertMc

A question for Peter or anyone who has worked with the Terrain graphics file...what are the four tiles in there that look to be unused? One is a variation of woods, the second a blurred and mottled-looking clear tile, the third a very nice-looking marsh or swamp and the fourth is a dark bluish-gray tile I can only describe as a moonscape (?). Just curious about these tiles and why they are inactive...particularly the marsh tile, as that one does look very good and would greatly benefit the map editor.

Please only modify tiles that you see on the map as there are tiles that used for LOS processing and if you change them LOS will not work properly. The three tiles on the right of the woods are not used in the game. However the water tile is of course.

Also please do not modify the grey and brown roads including maps (the roads sprites that are displayed on the map are on the bottom, close to the units sprites) as these are also used for AI movement and LOS processing.

Again, please only modify what you actually see on the map.

(in reply to RobertMc)
Post #: 2
RE: In the Terrain file - 2/28/2016 10:52:29 PM   
RobertMc

Hi Peter,

You're answering a question I didn't ask. :) I have no intention to try to modify tiles that are not in the game, as that would be--shall I say--kinda dumb. I will say again that the marsh/swamp tile looks very good and ought to be in the map editor, but hopefully in a later iteration.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> In the Terrain file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI