Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

An observation on Weapons breaking

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> An observation on Weapons breaking Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 4:31:41 PM   
blackcloud6

I just want to report an observation of weapons braking in the two scenarios. It seems to be a very high occurrence. In Scenario 2 at one point half of my MAs on my AFVs were broken and all of my infantry MGs were broken. They all repaired within a could of turns. But some of the MAs broke again. I also noticed this somewhat in Scenario 1. Maybe that is intended or maybe the program is not calculating the probability correctly.
Post #: 1
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 5:05:04 PM   
mmoore327

Justed seconding the observation - seems to occur significantly more frequently than what I remember from ASL (admittedly haven't played ASL in years)

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 5:21:40 PM   
Perelandra67

+1

and also running out of ammo. I have had on two occasions when 2 of my PZ IV's have run out of ammo by turn TWO. Not just APCR, but AP. Then add up all the broken firing systems, and the out of command units, and sometimes there's just not a lot to work with. It's a cool simulation, I get it, but it's a bit extreme.

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 3
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 8:09:18 PM   
jascou

I'm just wondering, are you getting and taking a large number of multiple Rate of Fire (ROF) chances? So far, my experience has been fairly consistent with the board game; I might see 1 or 2 breakdowns per game, and that's usually due to me taking multiple ROF.

Post #: 4
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 8:14:47 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: jascou

I'm just wondering, are you getting and taking a large number of multiple Rate of Fire (ROF) chances? So far, my experience has been fairly consistent with the board game; I might see 1 or 2 breakdowns per game, and that's usually due to me taking multiple ROF.

No. I'm not getting many extra RoF shots.

(in reply to jascou)
Post #: 5
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 8:17:41 PM   
mmoore327

In my case not an unusual amount of multiple ROF - will start to try and keep some concrete data next couple of scenarios I play

Post #: 6
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 2/29/2016 10:56:58 PM   
blackcloud6

I just finished Scenario 3 as the Americans v. German Computer. Not a single American weapon broke down during this one. I think the Germans had one LMG break down.

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 7
RE: An observation on Weapons breaking - 3/1/2016 2:05:46 AM   
mmoore327

Am playing scenario 10 (Playing russian side and only tracking what occurs to Russians)...
Turn 1: KV1 Bow MG and a squad based LMG broke
Turn 2: KV1 Main weapon and T-70 Coax MG broke
thought it was going to be a good example, but am on Turn 7 and no further breakage...

Problem with things like this is that if there is a problem (not sure there is), tough to actually say without looking at the code as can always have a game or two with bad luck...

From my perspective would like developer just to take a quick look and make sure there isn't a "less than or equal to" where a "less than" should be :)

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> An observation on Weapons breaking Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI