Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mpeg files in the Campaing's intro.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mpeg files in the Campaing's intro. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mpeg files in the Campaing's intro. - 4/28/2001 7:19:00 PM   
adantas

Hi folks! I would like to know how we can add a Mpeg file when design a campaing? I searched for it into the campaing folder but only found the Wav files with the introduction for the campaings. -------------- Senta à Pua!!!

Post #: 1
- 4/28/2001 10:33:00 PM   
Pave

Do you mean the video files? They are not really mpeg, but Smacker files. I think you can replace them with your own Smacker files (*.smk files in snd/stream directory), but I don't know how to select a particular video into your campaign. The game seems to randomly select one of the Smacker videos, so it probably isn't even possible. However I'm not a SPWaW coder so I might be wrong. If you want Smacker tools, search for Web.

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 2
- 4/28/2001 11:30:00 PM   
kutalik

Actually easiest way to introduce a MPEG file to the game I have discovered by working on my SCW campaign is to find a program to convert files from MPEG to WAV format. I use a program called ridicously enough Zittware. Beware though the files can be quite big though as MPEG are really just compressed WAV files. For example I converted a cool 3 minute song in MPEG into a WAV file only to discover that it takes up 11 megs!

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 3
- 4/28/2001 11:56:00 PM   
adantas

quote:

Originally posted by kutalik: Actually easiest way to introduce a MPEG file to the game I have discovered by working on my SCW campaign is to find a program to convert files from MPEG to WAV format. I use a program called ridicously enough Zittware. Beware though the files can be quite big though as MPEG are really just compressed WAV files. For example I converted a cool 3 minute song in MPEG into a WAV file only to discover that it takes up 11 megs!
Ahh..Do you know where I can get this one? Any site where I can download it? Thanks for your help mate! :D -------------- Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 4
- 4/28/2001 11:59:00 PM   
adantas

quote:

Originally posted by Pave: Do you mean the video files? They are not really mpeg, but Smacker files. I think you can replace them with your own Smacker files (*.smk files in snd/stream directory), but I don't know how to select a particular video into your campaign. The game seems to randomly select one of the Smacker videos, so it probably isn't even possible. However I'm not a SPWaW coder so I might be wrong. If you want Smacker tools, search for Web.
Yeah Pave, I'm talking about video files and thanks for your help. I think that is possible to choose which file must showed with a particular campaing but I don't have any Idea.. :( -------------- Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 5
- 4/29/2001 2:43:00 AM   
kutalik

zittware is available as shareware at www.zittware.com

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 6
- 4/29/2001 6:05:00 PM   
ruxius

Hi boys.. this is one of the last obscure topics about SPWAW..Now thanking to Kutalik I understand the SMk files are Smacker files..the best thing to do obviously should be to search for a MPEG-SMK converter..now that I know that name ("Smacker") I will have more chance to find an editor or manager about it... As regards the SMk files and their association with scenarios well...it's a very mistery here...I only noticed that there is a simple relationships between the nations involved and the videos.. but always a random association It would be great to have an editor and to establish a corrispondence between the scenery and a particular user smk file .. obviously after we will be able to manage them... Please let me know if you find something.. Thank you !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 7
- 4/29/2001 6:21:00 PM   
ruxius

As I said..just start from here... http://www.massassi.net/tutorials/smacker/smacker.htm http://www.radgametools.com/smkdown.htm http://www.jediknight.net/darkfall/jkarts/smacktut.html

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 8
- 4/29/2001 8:40:00 PM   
ruxius

YEEEEEES !!! It WORKS !! Finally ...FINALLY I can decide which smk file I want to see ! ...and I saw at once all the smk files I ever dreamed to look at in the SPWAW directory!!! ....and I was very excited to discover files I had never seen since the old SP1.. There are then a lot of options to try in the programs...I hope there will be an option to introduce films I took from the WEb... Very good RADtools and SmackerVersion4.01 by Jeff Roberts...you will find them into the pages I wrote above... [ April 29, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 9
- 4/30/2001 2:22:00 AM   
Pave

quote:

Originally posted by ruxius: YEEEEEES !!! It WORKS !! Finally ...FINALLY I can decide which smk file I want to see ! ...and I saw at once all the smk files I ever dreamed to look at in the SPWAW directory!!! ....and I was very excited to discover files I had never seen since the old SP1.. There are then a lot of options to try in the programs...I hope there will be an option to introduce films I took from the WEb... Very good RADtools and SmackerVersion4.01 by Jeff Roberts...you will find them into the pages I wrote above... [ April 29, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]
What works? Of course you can load them into the Smacker viewer and view them (after all Smacker is quite common format in games). But how could you create a new smk video file and make your scenario/campaign always load it, is something I don't know. And also do this so that you don't have to replace any of the orignal videos. BTW. Did you notice that in some videos there are Russian BTR APCs. Not really WW2 stuff. :rolleyes: Anyway there are lots of videos I have never seen SPWAW using.

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 10
- 4/30/2001 7:43:00 PM   
adantas

quote:

Originally posted by ruxius: YEEEEEES !!! It WORKS !! Finally ...FINALLY I can decide which smk file I want to see ! ...and I saw at once all the smk files I ever dreamed to look at in the SPWAW directory!!! ....and I was very excited to discover files I had never seen since the old SP1.. There are then a lot of options to try in the programs...I hope there will be an option to introduce films I took from the WEb... Very good RADtools and SmackerVersion4.01 by Jeff Roberts...you will find them into the pages I wrote above... [ April 29, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]
Hi mate! Could you tell me just one thing. I downloaded the software and tried to convert my Mpeg file into a Smk file but the software tells me it can't open the file :( Any ideas???? -------------- Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 11
- 5/1/2001 12:56:00 AM   
adantas

Hi fellas!! I made hard searche on the Internet and finally I found a converter which I can use. The Radvideo only allow you to convert from Avi files to Smk files or from other formats to smk files but it doesn't works if the source file is an Mpeg file. then i found this software:http://videomach.com/VideoMach-2.3.5.exe which allow you to convert the Mpeg to Avi files and now I create my Smk file using the Radvideo!!! :D the remaining question is how you can choose which smk file must be displayed when doing a campaing. Thank you all!!! ------------- Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mpeg files in the Campaing's intro. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI