Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game End Bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Game End Bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 5:33:55 AM   
GregN

In my Advancing Fire I eliminated a enemy half squad which was occupying a VP, but the game ended immediately (must have been the last enemy unit).
I was thinking I would be able to Advance and take the VP (I had 3 squads adjacent). If I would have Advanced into Close Combat and then eliminated that squad I could have captured the VP. Maybe it's not a bug, but it makes one think about leaving broken units rather than eliminating them, or being cautious with firing units toward the end of a game lest a great roll end it before you can move. Maybe one ought to be able to finish the turn?

< Message edited by GregN -- 3/12/2016 5:45:14 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 6:20:42 AM   
zakblood

any saves for the developer?

(in reply to GregN)
Post #: 2
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 9:17:42 AM   
Paullus

This is a feature Peter added during Beta test on the request from the testers. I can see there are situations where this feature becomes strange. I'll add it to the list of existing features to improve.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to GregN)
Post #: 3
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 2:10:57 PM   
dox44

seen same thing. i lost a major victory & those don't come around often for me :)

one was an assault but the VH didn't change before game ended.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 4
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 3:27:46 PM   
UP844

It also happened to me in the "Pavlov's House" scenario. I achieved a Russian Major Victory while losing my entire force , since the German eliminated my last unit and the game ended with 4 out of 5 VP Hexes controlled by the Russian side.

I have mixed feelings about this feature: It would be nice to have the game assess if the player which still has units can reach the VP hexes that are still controlled by the opposite side.

< Message edited by UP844 -- 3/12/2016 3:31:59 PM >

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 5
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 7:46:30 PM   
GregN

Good to know it's a feature - I'll modify my tactics accordingly! Great game!! Fun even when I am "robbed" of a major victory!

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 6
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/12/2016 8:31:02 PM   
scaz

Same thing happened to me in Slvlov's Labor Force. I killed the last unit and the game ended immediately. What should have been a major victory turned into a draw. It seems kind of gamey to end the scenario immediately upon the destruction of the last unit. If thats the case, then it should be an automatic major victory.

(in reply to GregN)
Post #: 7
RE: Game End Bug? - 3/13/2016 12:03:45 AM   
MikeMarchant_ssl

This is an issue I raised way back when I also eliminated all enemy units in turn 5, perfectly able to capture all remaining objectives in the 2 turns remaining.

It really shouldn't be a 'feature'. If you are given 7 turns to complete an objective then you should have 7 turns, and I can't see how eliminating all enemy units can possibly be deserving of a penalty for a player.

Best Wishes

Mike

(in reply to scaz)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Game End Bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI