Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario design Questions.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario design Questions. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario design Questions. - 3/14/2016 10:50:30 PM   
blackcloud6

H is there a cheat sheet available that compare the TOTH leader values to the ASL ones? For example, what is a Captain ** equivalent to in ASL terms?

What do Veteran, Seasoned, Average, and Inexperienced relate to in ASL terms or what do they do for the units?

I get what the type of squads relate to in ASL terms.

When telling a unit to defend a certain hex, will the AI always set it up there?

I did a small scenario where three building were the objective hexes. The AI set everyone up in those hexes and it made the approach a bit too easy. How can I get the AI to spread out and cover avenues of approach?

Is there a way to get units to stay hidden until they fire?

Thanks much for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario design Questions. - 3/14/2016 11:11:16 PM   
Krys

To achieve a more diversified deployment, you can specify zones in which the AI (or the player) can deploy units. If, for example, you want the AI controlled German units to be covering the north, west, and east roads into a village, make three different deployment zones (GE1, GE2 and GE3) on or near those three roads and then assign units to deploy in those three zones. You can build in some variance by making the zones larger and the AI may select different deployments within the specified zones, but they won't set up outside of where you specify.

Same will be try of player controlled units if you specify zones of deployment.

You can use the same approach for reinforcements. Want the Germans to get some new units on turn 5 from the west? Create a new zone, mark the appropriate turn and deployment orders for them and bingo! Here come some more Germans. Or have US Airborne parachute in behind the enemy lines on turn 7, etc., etc. A superb mechanic that Peter has included.

I'm not going to address comparatives of ASL vs TOTH unit strengths and the various experience levels of both as while I love the game and applaud its similarities to ASL, I think it's quite capable of standing on its own and not being simply a 'computer clone' of ASL. I would suggest that most of us can give a generic definition of what Veteran vs Inexperienced would signify - maybe that's essentially enough.

So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario design Questions. - 3/14/2016 11:18:24 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

To achieve a more diversified deployment, you can specify zones in which the AI (or the player) can deploy units. If, for example, you want the AI controlled German units to be covering the north, west, and east roads into a village, make three different deployment zones (GE1, GE2 and GE3) on or near those three roads and then assign units to deploy in those three zones. You can build in some variance by making the zones larger and the AI may select different deployments within the specified zones, but they won't set up outside of where you specify.

Thanks, That is very helpful.

quote:

I'm not going to address comparatives of ASL vs TOTH unit strengths and the various experience levels of both as while I love the game and applaud its similarities to ASL, I think it's quite capable of standing on its own and not being simply a 'computer clone' of ASL. I would suggest that most of us can give a generic definition of what Veteran vs Inexperienced would signify - maybe that's essentially enough.

yes, this game can stand on its own but I am wondering what the values are for converting ASL scenarios.

< Message edited by blackcloud6 -- 3/14/2016 11:19:25 PM >

(in reply to Krys)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario design Questions. - 3/14/2016 11:43:19 PM   
Krys

quote:

yes, this game can stand on its own but I am wondering what the values are for converting ASL scenarios.

AH! That makes perfect sense. I still can't answer it in full, but I'm sure there are those who both can and will - Richie, etc.

So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario design Questions. - 3/15/2016 12:39:07 AM   
Monkie

check this new thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4043701

(in reply to Krys)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario design Questions. - 3/15/2016 12:42:54 AM   
blackcloud6

quote:

check this new thread

Awesome! Thanks!

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario design Questions. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI