Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Parrachutes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Parrachutes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Parrachutes - 4/5/2003 6:35:22 AM   
Bradman

A quick question: does every downed plane lead to one dead pilot?

I know that leaders don’t all die and have chutes on: 'Sqldr Biggles bails out and is rescued' etc. But what about the less famous hotshots, do they ever survive and go back to the pool?
Post #: 1
- 4/5/2003 8:44:37 AM   
Fred98

I have seen pilots rescued with names such as Smith.

So I suppose everybody has a chance to be rescued.

Never fear, Smith is here!

(in reply to Bradman)
Post #: 2
- 4/5/2003 11:48:02 PM   
Hard Sarge

Hi Joe

But what about the less famous hotshots

you have seen guys named Smith ? ah, if you are up to date on Marine Aces, you would know that Smith is not a common name per say, Smith is one of the main Marine Air Heroes over Canal (after maybe only Foss)

I think for the messages, you get the report based on there kill total, if a ACE/REAL pilot guys down and does not have any kills, you will not get any news about it (think you get a message if it is the CO of a unit also)

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to Bradman)
Post #: 3
- 4/7/2003 12:19:06 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

What is irritating me in this context is the occasional message that one of my pilots has been CAPtured while flying close to my own TF - that's not what I meant when I ordered him to fly CAP (which I presume would be in the same hex as my TF?). Did his parachute drag him all the way to the nearest OPFOR?

(in reply to Bradman)
Post #: 4
- 4/7/2003 3:48:23 PM   
Bradman

Maybe a sub quickly surfaces, sends out a rubber ducky, captures him, then takes him below etc????? :confused:

Where I was going with my original post was: do non-reported pilots sometime bail out and get rescued or do they all die?

It seems to me that they all die as the squadron's average experience seems to plummet so quickly. I have never bothered to compare the amount of pilots that are available for a sqn with the amount of planes shot down. Maybe I should, I was hoping someone had already done the work though ;)

(in reply to Bradman)
Post #: 5
- 4/7/2003 8:28:08 PM   
Yamamoto

I think they all die unless there is a message. It would really help the Japanese if there was a chance of a pilot surviving a shoot-down but I can live with it the way it is.

Yamamoto

(in reply to Bradman)
Post #: 6
- 4/7/2003 8:37:53 PM   
Hard Sarge

if the game follows the other games that Gary G did that UV seems to follow, it should follow that the messages are only for pilots with kills or in leadership roles, the same die rolls that they take to be WIA/POW/KIA should be the same for a "named" pilot as it is for a unnamed pilot

you just do not see it, as it is not being reported, and if WIA, will not show up on any of the lists, telling you theyhave been WIA

in BTR, there are 5 kinds of status that a pilot can be, either named or unnamed

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to Bradman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Parrachutes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI