Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mod Versions (Time Away)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Mod Versions (Time Away) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mod Versions (Time Away) - 3/22/2016 2:55:33 PM   
FatBadger

Hi all

Just coming back to "DW:U" after a short break and am having some problems deciding what to do mod wise and so am hoping for some good advice.

Last time I downloaded the "DW Extended Universe 1.0.3" Plus DAS24680 UI Mod. And "Picard Era Star Trek 2.0". (I never got around to trying that last one.)

Now though I notice that there seems to be a link to a version of "Extended Universe" specifically for "DW:Universe"? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick. Because I also notice that next to the link for "EU 1.0.3" it says something like "the version to use with the very latest version of the game", which of course would be Universe...no? Oh.... and if I need to download a new version now, will DAS's UI mod still work with it? Forgive me if this is completely obvious and I'm just not seeing the wood for the trees.

Then regarding "Picard Era 2.0". (Which I "think" is an either/or situation with Extended Universe and that they can't be run together.) Is this mod designed to be played as a themed career so that everything is in cannon? Or can I have it running but still play as a sandbox.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer ladies and gents.
All the best
Badger

Post #: 1
RE: Mod Versions (Time Away) - 4/4/2016 11:31:38 AM   
FatBadger

Hello again Distant Worlders

In the absence of any advice I just went ahead and threw different things at the game to see what it would do. So for the benefit of any new players who might find themselves similarly confused, I found that the "Extended Universe 1.0.3" is perfectly fine. I've also currently installed "Beyond Extended Universe" and will have a proper look at it at some point. The question about Picard Era mod in sandbox mode, I don't have an answer for yet as I've still not got around to trying it out. But I am looking forward to it. :)

Overall though the answer to anyone who like me is hesitant over which is the right one to use, is that the process of installing the mods and the control you have in the game menu over what mod is and isn't applied, is really simple and flexible. So just try what you want and ditch it if it doesn't go up your flagpole.

All the best
Badger

(in reply to FatBadger)
Post #: 2
RE: Mod Versions (Time Away) - 4/8/2016 2:01:56 AM   
mordachai

lol - good advice. Have fun trying things out!

(in reply to FatBadger)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Mod Versions (Time Away) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI