Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HELP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> HELP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP - 3/23/2016 3:36:55 AM   
siddious

THIS IS NOT A JOKE
How do you move units, and how do you make units fire.

In as much detail as possible please

I just need to check to make sure i am not missing something before i reinstall or contact tech support,thanks
Post #: 1
RE: HELP - 3/23/2016 3:59:12 AM   
kylania

When in doubt, Ctrl-Click everything individually, sadly.

First you need to be in the right segment. So to fire you'll need to be be the active side in the Fire Segment. (Click the big red button at the top to advance a segment.) To move you need to be the active side in the Movement Segment. In both cases you'll Ctrl-Click on each and every unit you want to move or fire then to fire you'll see red highlights around hexes you can fire at. Right click on a highlighted hex to Fire. To move Right Click on each hex you want to move into. They'll be highlighted in white. When they are highlighted in red you can only move 1 more hex.

< Message edited by kylania -- 3/23/2016 4:00:19 AM >

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP - 3/23/2016 4:30:44 AM   
parusski

Also, if you fire during 'fire phase' you can't move during 'movement phase'. So choose wisely as to the need to fire or close with the enemy.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 3
RE: HELP - 3/23/2016 7:20:14 PM   
barkhorn45

I know this has been said ad noseum for practically every game,rtfm.

< Message edited by barkhorn45 -- 3/23/2016 7:21:39 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 4
RE: HELP - 3/23/2016 11:55:16 PM   
siddious

Thanks for trying to help guys but there is something not right here ( and that something might just be me )i have watched the vids ten times over but its like there talking about a differant game, when i click on a unit i see know dots and the units will not budge.

I am thinking its the setup that i am just not understanding ( i should say that this is a big step up for me,have not bought a game that is classed as expert / advanced before )i am also thinking i should stick to less complex games but this just looked so good.

IDK i feel like giving it up as a bad investment but the massive interest showen right from the start, plus the gameplay vids got me reching for my wallet.

I know this game is based on a boardgame dose this board game have a solo side to it coz maybe getting that would help understand the mechanics ?

What do you think ?

Thanks.

(in reply to barkhorn45)
Post #: 5
RE: HELP - 3/24/2016 12:10:45 AM   
baloo7777

Are you right mouse clicking on the hex you want to move to?

JRR

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 6
RE: HELP - 3/24/2016 12:31:44 AM   
Paullus

Don't give up siddious, we'll help you. Have you checked out our Tutorial videos? If not I suggest you start with the Infantry Movement video. I'm explaining how to move and fire with Infantry units in that video. Also you always select by left clicking on the hex and then on the unit in the bottom left Unit Control Panel. If you want to select several you need to hold ctrl key presses down while left clicking. You right click on target hex when firing and on a adjacent hex when moving.

I suggest you watch the Tutorial 1 video and then start up Training Scenario 1 and play as American against German Computer first. In that case you start with mostly firing.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 7
RE: HELP - 3/24/2016 1:42:29 PM   
eric0303

Don't give up on the game. It's just getting started and by the looks and input by forum members LOTS more to come in the future. This is a keeper that is going to stay on my PC for years.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 8
RE: HELP - 3/24/2016 3:42:56 PM   
idjester

The most important thing is what phase are you in? You can onnly move or fire in certain phases of the game. IT shows in the top right corner what phase your in..

(in reply to eric0303)
Post #: 9
RE: HELP - 3/25/2016 12:29:31 AM   
siddious

Sorry guys but ive taken all the good advice watched all vids etc but i just cannot make any inroads to even make units move never mind fire etc

I have for Hrs slumped over my keyboard trying just about every permutation i can think of just to make units move with no "luck".

Its realy getting to me now, coz i know i am not that stupid and cant realy blame the dyslexia ethier

For the sake of my health ( coz this is driving me insane ) i am gonna give up for now at least, so thank you all for the good advice.

I still want to have a go at game classed as "advanced"-"Expert" so could i ask you to maybe recommend one ( needs to have warfare as the central theme ) Thanks...

(in reply to idjester)
Post #: 10
RE: HELP - 3/25/2016 12:52:12 AM   
shaddock

Have someone else try the game. That way you'll know for certain if the problem is you, or a bug in the game, or even a problem with your computer. Also, if you can, try the game on a different computer.

May the Force be with you...

save the carrots; eat a vegan!

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 11
RE: HELP - 3/25/2016 1:07:23 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: siddious

Sorry guys but ive taken all the good advice watched all vids etc but i just cannot make any inroads to even make units move never mind fire etc

I have for Hrs slumped over my keyboard trying just about every permutation i can think of just to make units move with no "luck".

Its realy getting to me now, coz i know i am not that stupid and cant realy blame the dyslexia ethier

For the sake of my health ( coz this is driving me insane ) i am gonna give up for now at least, so thank you all for the good advice.

I still want to have a go at game classed as "advanced"-"Expert" so could i ask you to maybe recommend one ( needs to have warfare as the central theme ) Thanks...

Any chance you can post a screen shot of where you are when you are trying to move. I think there are folks here that will be glad to go through this a step at a time. It's possible you have a computer issue that is keeping it from working.

Rick

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> HELP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI