Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario information that could/should be added

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario information that could/should be added Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario information that could/should be added - 3/26/2016 5:02:07 PM   
erigra

Hi all, and let me first say a big thank you to all you guys making/converting scenarios for us!
I will have a go in the future, I have to locate those old ASL boxes in the attic first

My suggestion is too add some more information in the scenario descriptions in the future:

- Where is the forces located (or arriving from) at start? It is essential for a defending force to know in which direction the enemy can be expected. EXAMPLE: (tutorial1 scenario): "The germans will be attacking from the "South" edge of the map."

- Is it a scenario that requires manual/automatic setup, or has the designer placed the defending units? (which I find preferable!)

I guess this information can be found if you open the scenario in the editor, but that spoils the first time experience a little for me.

------------------------------
Erik Grande
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario information that could/should be added - 3/26/2016 7:08:26 PM   
Paullus

We decided against showing too much information in the scenario description to let the Fog of War be as Big as possible.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to erigra)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario information that could/should be added - 3/26/2016 7:29:41 PM   
DoubleDeuce

Probably once more designers have a go at things they will come up wit more custom briefing formats. I am trying to come up with my own but I'm kinda OCD so it might be a while before I settle on a any one layout.

(in reply to erigra)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario information that could/should be added - 3/27/2016 12:29:50 AM   
erigra

Well, I can see that as a valid point, but then I think information you DO include like the composition of enemy forces ( squads, lmgs, atrs, AFVS etc), is much worse for the Fog of War than the general direction you are supposed to point your guns in a defence.

------------------------------
Erik Grande

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario information that could/should be added - 3/27/2016 3:22:54 AM   
Gerry4321

I think you would know as a commander for most scenarios from which direction the enemy would like come. That should be included at least. And maybe say something general like infantry or AFVs so you have some idea what to expect.

(in reply to erigra)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario information that could/should be added - 3/27/2016 11:56:23 AM   
DoubleDeuce

One of the obstacles is that both players get their briefing information using the same .txt file so it would be hard to provide anything that only one side would see. They way it is set up, and ASL scenario cards are the same way, you cannot really provide a briefing that just one side would be able to see. Unless a scenario was designed to be played from only one side that is.

(in reply to erigra)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario information that could/should be added Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI