Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windows 10?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Windows 10? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 10? - 3/27/2016 7:19:18 AM   
LaStarza61

Does this game work ok with Windows 10?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 10? - 3/27/2016 12:30:01 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

According to the official statement:

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 - Runs in Windowed mode and stretched full screen mode. Need to add switches to shortcut icon: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3908083

(in reply to LaStarza61)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 10? - 5/18/2016 9:04:53 PM   
DonCzirr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

According to the official statement:

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 - Runs in Windowed mode and stretched full screen mode. Need to add switches to shortcut icon: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3908083

What does "stretched full screen" mean?

Does it keep the same aspect ratio but everything appears bigger?

Or will it stretch and distort the image a bit?

Any performance / Alt + Tab issues?

I'm a bit wary after getting burnt on Horse and Musket Vol I ....

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 10? - 5/18/2016 9:12:01 PM   
zakblood

unknown to me tbh i'm sorry to say, wasn't one of the ones i tested so can't help advice or give much help or feedback on questions / answers either i'm sorry to say

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows 10? - 5/18/2016 9:18:08 PM   
DonCzirr

Ok - np Zak.

Is it pending on a master list somewhere?

Or not planned at this time?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows 10? - 5/18/2016 9:49:27 PM   
zakblood

it's already been tested by another staff member so unless it needed re testing, i can't see it being added again to my list.

not fully sure 100% of all the questions, but my take on it would be,

quote:

What does "stretched full screen" mean?

Does it keep the same aspect ratio but everything appears bigger?

Or will it stretch and distort the image a bit?

Any performance / Alt + Tab issues?

What does "stretched full screen" mean i'd say it works in a windowed mode that can be altered or made to go full screen as it may not fully support all native windows 10 screen resolutions etc, running them in windowed mode them pressing the minimize / maximize button in this mode sometimes stretches the window to a larger than standard size so makes it look like a full screen instead of a windowed box eg smaller screen, but maybe wrong.

Does it keep the same aspect ratio but everything appears bigger? this is more guess work, but normally if you run in a stretched window box, then some things can look bigger on a smaller size box, but once stretched to almost full screen, can make them also sometimes blur, but not always, text can alter more than icons etc, but same is true if you alter DPI, as the larger or more dots per square inch, on a none supported hardware picture can make it looks blockier on some none native resolutions, but not all, so you may have to play with a few settings to look better, as some will be worse.

Or will it stretch and distort the image a bit? covered some of this in both above comments, and depends on default users resolutions tbh, so no real correct or incorrect answer on this one i'm again sorry to say, but of hit and miss and user time needed to get right, doesn't suit or work in all sizes.

Any performance / Alt + Tab issues? normally box user or windowed mode is quicker by a long way, and as these are older games anyway, sometimes it can be too quick, but again that depends on hardware and game in question, alt tab shouldn't be an issue as that's normally the first thing in game that gets tested, run as admin, with the min of apps running, plus add game exe to firewall and AV program so it runs in it's own space etc, with full permissions and alt tab only ever affects an odd game or program, then running in a native mode or one of the compatibility mode settings normally corrects this anyway, but not fully known on this one, can't ask either as i don't know who tested it either or i would

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 6
RE: Windows 10? - 5/19/2016 1:40:02 AM   
DonCzirr

Thanks again ...

It would be great if Matrix / Slitherine could institute a tech refresh program every few years for games that were acclaimed for game play and entertainment value.

It may not be profitable for the company however ... and it seems that once some Devs move on ... they really move on ...

Anyways - it's only 19..99 so may be worth the risk ... time to mull .....

< Message edited by DonCzirr -- 5/19/2016 1:42:13 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Windows 10? - 5/19/2016 5:44:36 AM   
zakblood

quote:

institute a tech refresh program
sounds like a great idea, but as hardware and software changes, if i tested the whole back catalogue each year and listed all those again that worked on my hardware and version i'm running at the time of the test and published the results as i've just done, it only means it's working as designed on one piece of kit tbh, as the amount of differences in everyone's hardware, then drivers and then O/S types and patch level as i have to test on a totally clean new O/S from a fresh build, makes anything different in hardware or patch level / drivers mean it may not be 100% right for anyone else, it's just a baseline that one pc, mind you if i have any problems with a game on a given test, i tend to alter and bring in one of my other pc's with different hardware just in case, so AMD or Nvidia or drivers aren't the problem hopefully...

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Windows 10? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI