Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Feature Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Feature Request - 3/21/2016 11:23:04 AM   
Jafele

A random battle generator would be cool.

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 151
RE: Feature Request - 3/21/2016 8:41:23 PM   
rico21

Please add The french who known used DC

Cheers,

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 152
RE: Feature Request - 3/23/2016 2:45:26 PM   
eric0303

Don't know if this has already been requested but breaking up the graphic files into terrain/counters etc.
Thanks

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 153
RE: Feature Request - 3/23/2016 2:51:32 PM   
Cataphract88

I've asked for that, and I wasn't the first!

Richard

(in reply to eric0303)
Post #: 154
RE: Feature Request - 3/23/2016 4:55:19 PM   
decaf

Terrain --

Have just finished the encoding of a pile of ASL maps to TOTH. There are a few terrain features that would help replicate
the ASL maps. I thought I would report on them.

-> Grain at different elevations. Right now grain overwrites hill, and ASL has maps with grain on hills. (perhaps overlay?)

-> Graveyard. Right now we substitute woods for graveyard. But, not a great substitution. (perhaps overlay?)

-> Marsh. Right now we substitute brush for marsh. Again, not a great substitution. (perhaps overlay?)

-> Valley. This is like a level -1 hill. Still allow woods, overlays, roads, buildings, etc.... Have to ignore valley right now.

I understand the TOTH model does not extend to hexside terrain (like walls) and lineated terrain (like streams), so I appreciate the extra programming work for those kinds of features. But, the 4 terrain features above may not be as nasty as doing walls.

Anyway, this is what I found in map creation.

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 155
RE: Feature Request - 3/23/2016 5:01:16 PM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: javafiend

-> Valley. This is like a level -1 hill. Still allow woods, overlays, roads, buildings, etc.... Have to ignore valley right now.

I understand the TOTH model does not extend to hexside terrain (like walls) and lineated terrain (like streams), so I appreciate the extra programming work for those kinds of features. But, the 4 terrain features above may not be as nasty as doing walls.

With the hexside issues you mentioned I think that a Valley (level -1 hill) terrain could substitute for gullies and streambeds, would have to be dry ones though. It would not be ideal but would be very helpful to scenario designers, IMHO.

(in reply to decaf)
Post #: 156
RE: Feature Request - 3/27/2016 1:43:02 AM   
juv95hrn

I want large campaigns where you buy reinforcement groups.

Preferably a remake of Red Barricades!

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 157
RE: Feature Request - 3/27/2016 11:53:50 PM   
rickier65

I think this might have been mentioned already, but adding the ability to name the leader counters. This would make the game more immersive I think.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 158
RE: Feature Request - 3/28/2016 1:26:16 AM   
jeffdeham1

The more I play the Russians, the more I think they need Molotov Cocktails.

Jeff

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 159
RE: Feature Request - 3/28/2016 1:56:47 AM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldwarrior

Don't know if this has already been requested but breaking up the graphic files into terrain/counters etc.
Thanks

Could a person not create the mod(s) on different layers in a paint program. You would then just hide the layers that you do not want and then you could mix and match as you like. A person could have different unit mods, terrain modes ect. As long as the layers line up when you "flatten" the file there should be no issues.

(in reply to eric0303)
Post #: 160
RE: Feature Request - 3/28/2016 2:44:02 PM   
dgb100

You obviously never played Computer Third Reich! :)
It isn't the greatest, but "unplayable" is a bit strong. And frankly, I can forgive many, many sins for a work of this magnitude.

One suggestion, in Win10 the game totally dominates the screen and the only way to switch to another application is to open the Task Manager.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vinya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krasny

The UI renders this game borderline unplayable.

(in reply to Vinya)
Post #: 161
RE: Feature Request - 3/28/2016 3:42:52 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: dgb100

You obviously never played Computer Third Reich! :)
It isn't the greatest, but "unplayable" is a bit strong. And frankly, I can forgive many, many sins for a work of this magnitude.

One suggestion, in Win10 the game totally dominates the screen and the only way to switch to another application is to open the Task Manager.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vinya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krasny

The UI renders this game borderline unplayable.

Blimey! You're right! I didn't pay attention to that... Yeah, it would be nice if we had the old-fashioned minimize/maximize window buttons up there...

(in reply to dgb100)
Post #: 162
RE: Feature Request - 3/28/2016 6:10:53 PM   
pupikiza

I would like see:

1 - Smoke grenades *****
2 - Bypass and Dash movement

3 - Multi-Hex Firegroups
4 - MGs fireline
5 - Spraying fire

6 - Better LOS checker *****

7 - Hexside terrains
8 - Multi-Level Bulding
9 - Ground Snow- Mud

10 -Low Visibility modeling
11 - Factory buildings
12 - User-placed foxholes
13 - User-placed road blocks, mines, wire

14 - Zoom
15 - H-t-H online game

Another thing that i like to see is an option that show the solution breakdown process (i.e. start FPs + halved/doubled reason + drm + tem + final odd ect. ect.)

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 163
RE: Feature Request - 3/29/2016 3:03:52 AM   
Abrslam

Hello Peter. I just picked up TotH today and am really enjoying it so far. I've only skimmed the manual and run through the first scenario but I think this may finally be the wargame I will stick with for a while. There have been a lot of good suggestions here but as a new wargamer who has had a lot of difficulty finding his feet in this genre I believe focusing on clarity and ease of use would encourage newer players to drop what is a relatively large amount of money for a video game (compared to your average steam game).

After my first game the things I think would have helped me the most are,

-clicking on a unit in the information window and have that unit become highlighted
-clicking on a fire event (unit X fires on unit Y) and having the units involved be highlighted (when I'm distracted by the baby and miss the action going on it is tedious trying to figure out who got fired on and where from)
-mouseover tooltips for status effects (out of command, ROF, broken etc) in the information window to save you going back and forth to the manual to see what that means while learning the game
-when a hex is moused over and the terrain type is displayed on the right hand side of the screen show what the terrain effects are

Thanks Peter for making such an excellent game!

< Message edited by Abrslam -- 3/29/2016 3:07:40 AM >

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 164
RE: Feature Request - 3/29/2016 3:17:06 AM   
Gerry4321

Would like a better way to scroll the map. Moving to the edge of the screen is very old-fashioned. Would like some way to grab the map and pull it any direction a few hexes. Maybe something like CTRL-click on an empty hex could allow you to drag the map.

(in reply to Abrslam)
Post #: 165
RE: Feature Request - 3/29/2016 11:31:08 AM   
dgb100

Couple items.
Hidden Initial Placement for ord.
At least concealment for infantry.
Units entering from off board should not beable to Prep Fire in their first turn.

In scenario 2 the US sets up first, Germans get to set up AND fire before US can do anything.

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 166
RE: Feature Request - 3/29/2016 6:09:14 PM   
edinakid23

Not sure this is the place for this request, but unless I miss my guess, there is no participation of any air forces in the scenerios. Stukas? IL2s? Thunderbolts? I guess it would work like off board artillery. The radio contact would be pretty much the same as it is with OBA, only it would be deemed aircraft spotter.

Thanks

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 167
RE: Feature Request - 3/30/2016 3:21:37 AM   
GJK

quote:

ORIGINAL: pupikiza

I would like see:

1 - Smoke grenades *****
2 - Bypass and Dash movement

3 - Multi-Hex Firegroups
4 - MGs fireline (firelane
5 - Spraying fire

6 - Better LOS checker *****

7 - Hexside terrains
8 - Multi-Level Bulding
9 - Ground Snow- Mud

10 -Low Visibility modeling
11 - Factory buildings
12 - User-placed foxholes
13 - User-placed road blocks, mines, wire

14 - Zoom
15 - H-t-H online game

Another thing that i like to see is an option that show the solution breakdown process (i.e. start FPs + halved/doubled reason + drm + tem + final odd ect. ect.)

This list covers about everything that I'd like to see for this generation of the game with smoke grenades, hexside terrain, multi-level buildings and multi-hex firegroups being the biggest.

I'd also like to have the ability to completely disable the C&C/OOC feature for both player and AI.

One petty request is to do away with the little arrow that shows the turret and vehicle facing and make the counters rotate and have a small turret overlay for the actual turret facing.

I trust that the UI will be enhanced over time. It's not the prettiest or most intuitive around but it's functional.

Oh, thought of one more while playing earlier. If I select a unit to fire and find that I don't have LOS, I should be marked as having fired (and a roll for malf. for any SW as well). Obviously only works if you're not cheating by having the game always tell you who has LOS to what.

< Message edited by GJK -- 3/30/2016 3:24:22 AM >

(in reply to pupikiza)
Post #: 168
RE: Feature Request - 3/31/2016 6:53:05 AM   
duncanrice

Make everything; map, counters (I use the SL mods), and especially text bigger for us old guys in bifocals. Or at least enlarge the text and include a zoom feature.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 169
RE: Feature Request - 3/31/2016 11:39:09 AM   
GJK

It looks great on my 40" monitor. :)

Played some more last night. I tweaked the ASL mod to suit my own needs. Can't stand the silly OOC/C&C thing and wish it could be totally disabled but I understand why it's there - to balance the AI (which really needs it frankly). I'm actually enjoying it however as a quick ASL(SK)-lite type of thing. Playing the real thing this weekend however. ;)

(in reply to duncanrice)
Post #: 170
RE: Feature Request - 3/31/2016 11:11:29 PM   
ArtilleryHorse

Features? How about in 2016 you publish games that don't look like they were made in 1994 and sell it for how much? Lol

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 171
RE: Feature Request - 3/31/2016 11:49:30 PM   
Gerry4321

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

It looks great on my 40" monitor. :)

Played some more last night. I tweaked the ASL mod to suit my own needs. Can't stand the silly OOC/C&C thing and wish it could be totally disabled but I understand why it's there - to balance the AI (which really needs it frankly). I'm actually enjoying it however as a quick ASL(SK)-lite type of thing. Playing the real thing this weekend however. ;)

Think C&C is not there in Normal level.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 172
RE: Feature Request - 4/2/2016 2:50:13 AM   
dave68124

Appears you guys should save your breath on a wish list. I just went to report a bug that if you kill all the units before all VP hexes are taken, then they are awarded to the defender. Mostly low value type of stuff, but it turned into an argument with the developer and the original poster. I suspect this thread will never be read. A lot of potential for this game, but likely headed towards another Matrix CF of a game.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 173
RE: Feature Request - 4/2/2016 3:40:35 AM   
kylania

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave68124

Appears you guys should save your breath on a wish list. I just went to report a bug that if you kill all the units before all VP hexes are taken, then they are awarded to the defender. Mostly low value type of stuff, but it turned into an argument with the developer and the original poster. I suspect this thread will never be read. A lot of potential for this game, but likely headed towards another Matrix CF of a game.

To be fair, the post you're talking about actually turned into adding an option to the game to disable that particular feature. Basically the best result since people now know how it works and if they don't like it they won't have to use it.

(in reply to dave68124)
Post #: 174
RE: Feature Request - 4/2/2016 3:56:34 AM   
Gerry4321

I hear you but I don't see how the decision could be defended in the first place. If the objective is to take buildings you should be given the 7 turns to do that. If you are doing your job so well that you kill all the enemy along the way you shouldn't be punished for it. But thankfully Peter has made it an option now.

(in reply to kylania)
Post #: 175
RE: Feature Request - 4/2/2016 7:12:13 PM   
dave68124

At the end of the day, it is his game to do what he wants with. I was just struck that a reply as easy as "It's working as intended, but let me take a look at it." would have saved a lot of back and forth over a meaningless item. However, I am fearful that when meaningless stuff becomes a 5 post argument over why he was right and you are wrong doesn't suggest that there is much openness to different ideas and changes the community wants to see.

I could be dead wrong and hope that I am as I am enjoying the game, but clearly it needs some improvements in the UI area and many of the suggestions here are very good ideas to improve the game. Let's hope the developer chills a bit and is open to changes otherwise this game will just be another game with potential that never makes it to the great list and will be selling for $9.99 in about a year.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 176
RE: Feature Request - 4/2/2016 7:42:11 PM   
Bradley62

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK
request is to do away with the little arrow that shows the turret and vehicle facing and make the counters rotate and have a small turret overlay for the actual turret facing.

+1 As much as I like some armor in play I prefer just inf for TOTH for this very reason. Some way to change default view to top down vehicles (rotating counter/turret) would give this significant upgrade aesthetically and fun factor.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 177
RE: Feature Request - 4/2/2016 8:25:33 PM   
Gerry4321

Some re-design would be needed I think to make the tank counter dynamic. Would love to see it. Lock and Load had it.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 178
RE: Feature Request - 4/6/2016 8:26:11 PM   
lhmg

Great game, will be a classic I think.

Things I would like to see:

Zoom
Smoke
Captured weapon use
2 support weapons for squad
1 support weapon for team or half squad or leader
Click on stack for top counter first time subsequent click cycles stack
Double click grabs all units in stack
More nations
Vehicles and turrets rotate

..."And to the Republic, for which it stands."

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 179
RE: Feature Request - 4/6/2016 9:16:12 PM   
lhmg

Oh. And the ability to rotate maps.

..."And to the Republic, for which it stands."

(in reply to lhmg)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI