Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UPDATE 1 - coming soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> UPDATE 1 - coming soon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/30/2016 11:26:03 PM   
Peter Fisla

Hi All,

I worked hard every day since the game came about a month ago (February 25th,2016) and as of today I have finished working on the UPDATE 1. I will still continue to test for the next couple of days and then I will send it to the publisher to officially release it. The UPDATE 1 will of course include all the items in the zero day patch.

I will provide a full list of fixes, new features that are part of the UPDATE 1 in the coming days.

I hope you will enjoy what I and Paullus have done for the past month. There will be new version of the editor, game executables, terrain.png and configuration.ini file. Also the saved game file format has changed so once you update the game you won't be able to load old saved game files.

Thanks!

Peter

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/30/2016 11:28:07 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/30/2016 11:27:40 PM   
seagles

Thanks for the continued work, Peter! You've really got something special happening with Tigers.

Cheers,
Scott

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 2
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/30/2016 11:49:33 PM   
UP844

Thanks Peter! You made a 30-year dream of mine (and of many others ) true!

(in reply to seagles)
Post #: 3
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 1:46:40 AM   
kylania

Will this use the "Check for update" Matrix Updater on the launch screen of the game or be manual patch from the forums?

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 4
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 2:25:00 AM   
Stardog765

Peter that is great!
Thank you both for your hard work.

Would love to see what changed with the terrain? Maybe a little teaser screenshot? :)

(in reply to kylania)
Post #: 5
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 2:40:53 AM   
giffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stardog765

Peter that is great!

Would love to see what changed with the terrain? Maybe a little teaser screenshot? :)

quote:

terrain.png

This is exciting news!! Cant wait to see the What you have done with the "terrain.png " Hopefully we can now switch to desert , Snow & regular board terrains soon.

(in reply to Stardog765)
Post #: 6
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 2:41:38 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher007

quote:

Peter that is great!

quote:

terrain.png

This is exciting news!! Cant wait to see the What you have done with the "terrain.png " Hopefully we can now switch to desert , Snow & regular board terrains soon.

Sorry, none of that ... just bug fixes :)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/31/2016 2:48:46 AM >

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 7
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 2:47:08 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

Peter that is great!

From high level perspective:

1) Keyboard shortcuts
2) Menu accelerators (using keys to access menus)
3) LOS bug fixes
4) AI fixes
5) game fixes (editor, game resolution fixes)
5) ability to turn on/off sound effects
6) display center dot (white colour) in the middle of each hex
7) Ability to turn on/off if a side loses all of its units, end the currently played scenario/CG
8) Campaign Game, for a new CG day all personnel units are in good order, all weapons are repaired and AFVs that are immobilized check for immobilization removal

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/31/2016 2:50:23 AM >

(in reply to Stardog765)
Post #: 8
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 2:55:12 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Hi All,

I worked hard every day since the game came about a month ago (February 25th,2016) and as of today I have finished working on the UPDATE 1. I will still continue to test for the next couple of days and then I will send it to the publisher to officially release it. The UPDATE 1 will of course include all the items in the zero day patch.

I will provide a full list of fixes, new features that are part of the UPDATE 1 in the coming days.

I hope you will enjoy what I and Paullus have done for the past month. There will be new version of the editor, game executables, terrain.png and configuration.ini file. Also the saved game file format has changed so once you update the game you won't be able to load old saved game files.

Thanks!

Peter

Will you put it in the beta forum for testing first? That would be nice.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 9
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 3:10:52 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Peter

Will you put it in the beta forum for testing first? That would be nice.

Not for this update, perhaps next one...

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 10
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 3:11:46 AM   
Stardog765

No worries Peter you do what you need to do. We appreciate the work!

Post #: 11
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 6:05:44 AM   
Franchot

Thanks, Peter. I'm loving this game. I look forward to whatever you add to it.

(in reply to Stardog765)
Post #: 12
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 3:47:08 PM   
okiefire1

Excellent! I just want you to know how VERY much I am enjoying your game. I look forward to each update you provide, and I know it takes time. Carry on! And thank you for making this game. I, too, have waited many years for a quality "ASL-like" game. Kudos.

Post #: 13
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 4:11:03 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Peter

Thank you Peter, I basically don´t remember beign so excited about a WW2 PC boardgame like I am with TotH. It´s like many others said, years waiting and it´s finally here (and when I say years think my father gifted to me SL in 1984!).

Post #: 14
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 3/31/2016 4:37:44 PM   
MadSlag

Thank you Peter for the amazing game. I love the fact that you are already adding so much to the game to make it even better. I can't wait to use the keyboard short cuts for commands and menus! Keep up the great work on a great game!

Mike

Post #: 15
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 4/2/2016 2:19:24 PM   
Peter Fisla

I'm just doing some final testing on the UPDATE 1, I plan to send it to Slitherine in about a week. Thank you all for your patience! :)

(in reply to MadSlag)
Post #: 16
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 4/2/2016 3:07:14 PM   
Lannes

No problema

Christophe

Post #: 17
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 4/2/2016 3:55:50 PM   
Big Ivan

Thanks Peter,

Looking very forward to your updates!

John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Lannes)
Post #: 18
RE: UPDATE 1 - coming soon - 4/2/2016 4:59:37 PM   
parusski

Great news, thanks.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> UPDATE 1 - coming soon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI