Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

error in check command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Tech Support >> error in check command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
error in check command - 4/2/2016 10:29:44 PM   
Romainpek

I started to get this message each time I click on an empty hex

I click OK, then a similar message appears, then a 3rd message a bit different

Then the game works allright until the next time I click on an empty hex.

I reloaded the game, same thing happen again.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: error in check command - 4/2/2016 10:30:54 PM   
Romainpek

here is the 3rd message

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Romainpek)
Post #: 2
RE: error in check command - 4/2/2016 11:21:12 PM   
Philippeatbay

Time to play twenty questions.

How far into the game does this start happening to you?

Which version of the game are you using? Are you working from a clean install patched to 1.02g or 1.03m2 ?

Are there any other programs running in the background when that happens to you? Does it still happen after you shut down your computer, count to twenty, and then reboot?

Are you using a desktop or a laptop, what operating system does it use, and how much RAM do you have?

Addressing these questions may suggest a solution to you. Otherwise you may have to wait until after the weekend.

(For the record, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be happening. I think I might have seen something like it once before back in the early days, but can't remember who it happened to or what caused it).

[Judging from the terrain in your screenshots you aren't using the beta patch. You should give it a try: it includes a major terrain mod].

< Message edited by Philippe at bay -- 4/2/2016 11:28:17 PM >

(in reply to Romainpek)
Post #: 3
RE: error in check command - 4/6/2016 7:58:50 AM   
Steve110

This has now happened to me in a PBEM game.

Tried downloading the turn 3 times now, including a re-boot of the laptop in-between but still happens. Same 3 messages as Romainpek was getting (the 2nd one is identical to the 1st except it ends #192).

With me it happened clicking on empty hexes first time round, now also units periodically and when I click the command tab at the bottom - all other tabs at the bottom and the top seem fine. Just found it also happens when expanding the bottom interface (but not when collapsing it).

In between I've also loaded an old save from a game vs Ai, that seems unaffected. Went back and downloaded the PBEM turn again - problem remains, so its something to do with the PBEM.

Turn of 5th August

Version 1.02g
No other programs running
windows 10, 64 bit operating system, 4GB RAM (3.87 usable)

No changes in spec or setup since previous turns of same game which have all run fine (as have all other games).

Update: Tried saving the game locally, then re-loading but problem still occurs. Have also determined that the error messages come up when the command tab is already selected from the bottom interface, if another tab (such as score) is open then all fine.

< Message edited by Steve110 -- 4/6/2016 8:35:00 AM >

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 4
RE: error in check command - 4/6/2016 9:22:44 AM   
Steve110

Okay. having played through the turn always keeping score tab open its doable, and I may have an inkling of what the problem is - which is worrying as I'm not sure how it can get fixed...

Previous turn Zhukov was delayed enroute to an army HQ. That HQ is now cut off, and he is showing as delayed again (I didn't think this could happen two turns in a row, which makes me suspicious).

Previous turn I dispatched Kruschev to an army HQ which was destroyed in my opponents turn. He is also still showing as delayed enroute to a HQ that now no longer exists.

Could these be the cause of the problem? If so, how do I get the trouble shooters back?? I don't have the option in the card tab to send them anywhere else, and they don't appear to be returning to Stavka...

(in reply to Steve110)
Post #: 5
RE: error in check command - 4/6/2016 11:42:33 AM   
Vic

Hey guys, Steve110,

Did a look-up on those events and it is indeed related to the destination HQ of Zhukov or Krushev being destroyed before they arrive.

Ideally it should be Cameron to fix this. Sadly he is on his yearly trip and it is still 2 weeks before he's back.

I might give it a crack next week myself, I think i can at least stop the constant bug reports.

Sorry for the hassle here. The only way to avoid the annoying messages is to indeed keep another tab selected than the 'COMMAND' tab.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Steve110)
Post #: 6
RE: error in check command - 4/6/2016 8:37:33 PM   
Steve110

Hi Vic,

Thanks for the response. The problem has actually cleared now. My opponent has played through his turn no problem and in my next turn Zhukov has arrived at HQ & Kruschev returned to Stavka.

I think the interrupt events of HQ getting cut off & HQ destroyed mid travel just gave the game a "funny turn" (pardon the pun!) and then it sorts itself out.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: error in check command - 4/21/2016 9:53:30 PM   
Romainpek

Same thing for me, the problem has fixed itself. It only did appear during 2 turns in a row and did not happen again.

(in reply to Steve110)
Post #: 8
RE: error in check command - 4/22/2016 8:04:51 AM   
Vic

Well although relatively harmless, its an annoying glitch. Just rest assured this one will be on the list for the next patch.

Thanks once more for reporting.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Romainpek)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Tech Support >> error in check command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI