Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gunnery system

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Gunnery system Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gunnery system - 4/7/2016 11:24:46 AM   
BB62squid

Hey guys...been away from the game quite awhile due to RL commitments...
I recently downloaded the game again and put it on girlfriends laptop as my rig is currently OOC.After firing it up I ran the tutorial with the Burke wherein you kill the sub, engage shore targets with gun and Tomahawk etc., and theres where my question comes in.

Is the gunnery system in Command working correctly? It seems the accuracy of GWS like the Mk 45 (I wont dabble on issues with the 16"/50 quite yet) generate incorrect values. Regardless if I was engaging a shore target or a ship, at all ranges I repeatedly saw miss ranges ranging from 300-700+ feet. This seems more in line with WWII accuracy(or inaccuracy) of secondary guns fired in local control. I seem to recall from my time aboard CG62 and DDG70 that our GFCS was much more accurate than that?
Any input would be appreciated
-Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Gunnery system - 4/7/2016 11:35:22 AM   
wild_Willie2

Hi Mike,

This has been discussed many times before and the model has even been changed so that the accuracy against land targets increases every time it's fired upon. Also, get closer to the target.

Gunnery accuracy is dependent on range, speed, weather and sea state. Setup a scenario where there is perfect visibility and sea state 0 and fire again at a land target while stationary. You will find that accuracy will be greatly increased.

It also appears that hard data regarding modern gunnery accuracy is hard to find. There are plenty of anecdotal stories, but few hard facts. However, the few SINKEX examples that are available against stationary sea targets show that long range gunnery is still very tricky, even with modern systems.

W.

< Message edited by wild_Willie2 -- 4/7/2016 11:44:28 AM >

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to BB62squid)
Post #: 2
RE: Gunnery system - 4/7/2016 3:04:58 PM   
ComDev

Are you using v1.11?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 3
RE: Gunnery system - 4/7/2016 4:13:17 PM   
BB62squid

Willie: Will check on that, dont know the conditions set in the tutorial mission. I do know that I didnt see an increase in accuracy shell per shell; the miss values seem to be generated by a RNG. There was no appreciable difference between shooting at mid or close range. I will say that my Burke was moving at flank speed which will obviously impact gunnery...I dont think it should have THAT much of an impact, though.
Em: using 1.10...havent installed 1.11 yet, but will as soon as I get off work.

-M

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Gunnery system Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI