Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Latest Shipping Date for SPWAW 5.0/Mega Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Latest Shipping Date for SPWAW 5.0/Mega Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Latest Shipping Date for SPWAW 5.0/Mega Campaign - 5/4/2001 2:34:00 AM   
TheZel66

Whats the word on when you'll be shipping??

Post #: 1
- 5/4/2001 4:34:00 AM   
Rick Borovec

The question of the hour...............?

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 2
- 5/4/2001 4:49:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

We are working as fast as we can getting everthing in place, we will let you know! We are not doing the CD manufacture, printing sleeves, shipping or innumerable other things that have to fall into place. We have had to flex our plans to several unforseen circumstances, but we are making good progress. Our hope was to have it ship by the end of this week but that will likely slip at least until the end o next week...we are but a small frog in a big pond! We don't get to dictate terms ;) [ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 3
- 5/4/2001 5:27:00 AM   
Sturmtiger

And when will the download-version be available?

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 4
- 5/4/2001 5:30:00 AM   
Del

If the game is available can we PLEASE (repeated many times) have it for download? Please (repeat ad nauseum).

Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death I shall fear NO evil for Thou art with me.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 5
- 5/4/2001 6:14:00 AM   
Alby

yes, release the download, pleeeeeeeeease. Every week is supposed to be the week for shipping, then it gets pushed back to the next week. At least if we can get the patch, maybe we'd all be happy and shut up!! LOL Nor complaining, just a suggestion. ;)

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 6
- 5/4/2001 6:34:00 AM   
Grenadier

To be fair to those who have purchased a Mega Campaign the downloaded version will be available after the Mega Campaign initial orders have been shipped. But be ready for a LOONG download. 450 megs and counting

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 7
- 5/4/2001 6:37:00 AM   
Cirrus

quote:

But be ready for a LOONG download. 450 megs and counting
Still couple of days left to get yourselves a T1 :eek: :D [ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Cirrus ]

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 8
- 5/4/2001 6:52:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Brent: To be fair to those who have purchased a Mega Campaign the downloaded version will be available after the Mega Campaign initial orders have been shipped. But be ready for a LOONG download. 450 megs and counting
I purchased the MC over a month ago, and would still like to see the download, and the upgrade made available now. Im sure there are others out there that wouldnt mind, im sure alot of em would even enjoy at least getting 5.0 while waiting for the shipping to start.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 9
- 5/4/2001 6:54:00 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

To be fair to those who have purchased a Mega Campaign the downloaded version will be available after the Mega Campaign initial orders have been shipped.
Just speaking for myself here, I ordered the MC, and I bought the MC mainly to get a hard backup to the new version, though it's entirely possible that I'd prefer the MC to that (though hard backups are quite warm and cuddly). My buying the MC in no way is thought of in terms of whether it's fair for my payment to have been, in a sense, beaten by someone else who paid nothing downloading the new version. No, my train of thought runs along the lines of the download giving me training for the MC, and of course, more time to play SPWAW. There's little or no point to playing 4.5 in my opinion.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 10
- 5/4/2001 7:03:00 AM   
Alby

well said charles, thats what i was trying to say... Hey wernt you and I discussing having 5.0 during our vacations some time back?? heheheh I still have 8 days left...hmmmmm ;)

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 11
- 5/4/2001 7:15:00 AM   
Charles2222

Alby: Vacations? Yeah, but mine was only 5 working days, the weekends before/after, plus Good Friday. My goodness, atill on vacation? They'll see how expendable you are for sure. Only teachers get that kind of break! I'll be firing another vacation up starting 6/9. I hope I'm very experienced in the ways of V.5 by then.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 12
- 5/4/2001 7:21:00 AM   
Alby

no no, I meant I still have 8 more days to take at some point :) :) :)

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 13
- 5/4/2001 7:24:00 AM   
Charles2222

Alby: Ah, after I posted that and reread your post I suspected that. Well, don't weap now, but I have 15 days left, and I plan to display enough discipline to where they will remain where they are regardless of SPWAW status. Hmmm, have one coming around the first of November. I wonder if I'll be sweating one of the new Matrix games coming out around that time?

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 14
- 5/4/2001 7:27:00 AM   
Alby

probably sp modern perhaps?? hehhehe

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 15
- 5/4/2001 7:34:00 AM   
Charles2222

Alby: Hmmm, (lot of hmm's recently, aye?) your laughter is quite revealing, I suspect you know the truth. Yes, I'm not into modern battles!!! :( Vietnam era battles are somewhat appealing to me though.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 16
- 5/4/2001 7:37:00 AM   
Alby

hmmmmmm ut oh there it goes again! Yes I always loved the 60s and 70s when i played sp3. the NVA and those sp9's , bad news! hey we got our own personal forum going here??? HMMMMMMMMMM ;) [ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 17
- 5/4/2001 8:03:00 AM   
Wiseman

I pre-purchased the MC also. As far as I'm concerned releasing the SPWAW 5.0 download/upgrade before the cd ships is plenty fair. I prepaid for the mega campaign, not SPWAW 5.0. Looking forward to the great work, Wiseman
quote:

Originally posted by Brent: To be fair to those who have purchased a Mega Campaign the downloaded version will be available after the Mega Campaign initial orders have been shipped. But be ready for a LOONG download. 450 megs and counting
:D :D

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 18
- 5/4/2001 8:06:00 PM   
Charles2222

Alby: My, we are thinking alike aren't we? Actually for an instant, I was thinking you and I would just totally dominate this board so much that it would change it's name to AC Forum (Alby Charles Forum). :D But my dreams of grandeur had to be shattered as I got interested in the Mavericks game. What a team!!! End of the 3rd qtr. they were down 14, looking flat, the refs took Novitski totally out of the game and I went to bed. I wanted to go to bed, and had about 15 minutes of preparation, then decided to check and see if they lost their heart and started getting whooped like the whooping they were giving the previous game. Nope, checked back and they were 9 points down, close enough for me to forfeit the sleep and watch. I'm glad I did, what a game! That team came back from double-digit deficits in ever game of that series. I have a recording of the game against the Hornets where they came back from like an 11pt. deficit in the last 1 1/2 minutes. They are really incredible sometimes. Sorry about the Mavericks sidetrack, but though they're not the best team, Dallas fans have really had a royal treat watching them this year.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 19
- 5/4/2001 9:56:00 PM   
GeneralOberst Teufel

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: We are working as fast as we can Our hope was to have it ship by the end of this week but that will likely slip at least until the end o next week...we are but a small frog in a big pond! We don't get to dictate terms ;) [ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]
So if the Mega Campaign will be out next week how about the Download version? Today would be great give us all weekend and next week to "rev up the tracks". I know it seems like beating a dead horse but here at worl I have T-1 & T-3's I can use for a Download much faster than a 56K modem at the house.. Just a thought..... GeneralOberst Teufel :p ;) ;) ;)

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 20
- 5/5/2001 1:43:00 AM   
xavier

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: I purchased the MC over a month ago, and would still like to see the download, and the upgrade made available now. Im sure there are others out there that wouldnt mind, im sure alot of em would even enjoy at least getting 5.0 while waiting for the shipping to start.
I'm agree with you. I purchased the MC too, but I would like to download the version 5.0 as soon as possible. I purchased the MC CD for the campaign itself, not for SPWAW 5.0 XAAL.

xaal

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 21
- 5/5/2001 4:22:00 AM   
Banjo

Here's my vote for getting the 5.0 upgrade out aasap. My order went in in april also. I know the Matrix team is working hard. It's the unforseen things that crop up that make the delays. I understand. Whenever it happens I know it will be as soon as possible. Keep up the good work. Just get the details right. Was it Sun Tzu who said something like, be as careful at the end of your endeavors as you are at the begining. As to the basketball team, I was the best player on the other team anytime I played as a kid.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 22
- 5/5/2001 6:32:00 AM   
Alby

Well charles, my pacers went out early this year. oh well we lost 3 all stars from last years nba finals team, so I think we did better than most thought we would. wait till next year!! I watched the end of that dallas game, great game!!

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 23
- 5/5/2001 6:53:00 AM   
Charles2222

Alby: Didn't know that about the Pacers. I know they still have Miller. When did they lose ex-Maverick Detlef Shrempf (I don't think he's ever been an all-star)?

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 24
- 5/5/2001 7:02:00 AM   
Alby

we traded detlef to Seattle for derrick Mckey some years ago, quite a few actually, yes we lost Mark Jackson, Dale Davis, and Rik Smits, from last years squad. We gave the 76ers all they wanted this year tho. :)

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 25
- 5/5/2001 8:35:00 AM   
Alby

had any posts deleted today charles? hehehe, so have I ;)

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 26
- 5/5/2001 8:56:00 AM   
Charles2222

Alby: I rendered a post, which if I'm understanding things correctly got deleted within 60 seconds of my posting it (they sure are on the ball!). Well, I see how the info I provided might've been a basis to have it deleted, so I won't mention what I mentioned before, in the hopes that this one will get through and that you'll know I responded. Hmmm, I wonder if your deleted posts revealed what mine did? :D

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 27
- 5/5/2001 9:01:00 AM   
Charles2222

Alby: Did you enjoy our little game? I suppose this one won't be deleted, as Paul just made an announcement, something having to do with some sort of download. You know what he's talking about? :D :rolleyes:

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 28
- 5/5/2001 9:15:00 AM   
Alby

yep you are correct!! now if my "get right" would hook up!!! well have to play sometime! our personal forum was going strong there for a day or so eh?? heheh :D

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 29
- 5/5/2001 9:51:00 AM   
Charles2222

I have Real's Download Demon and it worked quite well. I'm just now fixing to crank her open and look around. Matrix knew that once we made a solid move of forum dominance, which, if we so chose, could've been a springboard for taking over the world, that they would have to make the download available to stop the inevitable. :D I wonder if Brain, of Pinky and the Brain, managed to concoct such a scheme in his quest for world domination? I mean, we just might as well had come out and said: "Look, if you don't make the downlaod available pronto, then we'll just have to take over the world". [ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: Charles_22 ]

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Latest Shipping Date for SPWAW 5.0/Mega Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI