Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uses for different bombers question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Uses for different bombers question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uses for different bombers question - 4/24/2016 1:09:29 PM   
comte

Hi I know I have seen folks comment on the different bombers on here. What are the uses for the 4 engine bombers
the 2 engine bombers etc? 4 engine bombers should be hitting strategic sites? 2 engine bombers units?

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-
Post #: 1
RE: Uses for different bombers question - 4/24/2016 8:21:01 PM   
Michael Hobuss

I'm surely not an expert on this game, but I think if you check out the stats for a 4 engine vs 2 engine you will see the larger plane can fly farther and with a greater payload. Therefore the 4 engines are usually used with a more strategic purpose in mind, and the 2 engine more tactical. But in a pinch, due to politics and need, either type can be used for about anything.

< Message edited by Michael Hobuss -- 4/24/2016 8:23:27 PM >

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 2
RE: Uses for different bombers question - 4/26/2016 3:11:16 AM   
Harrybanana

On the tests I ran I found that anything a 2E bomber can do a 4E bomber can do better, at least as far as the Allies are concerned. The only advantage of the 2E bomber is that it can base on level 2 airbases and doesn't use up as much space on airfields. As the Allies I now primarily use the 2Es to bomb railyards, ports and, in 1944 and 45, the VWpn launch sites. Not because they do a better job than the 4Es, but because it allows the 4Es to bomb German industry. Very occasionally I will use them to ground attack "unit" bomb. But be forewarned that they are very fragile and will take lots of flak damage. I never use them (or 4Es for that matter) to interdict as I have found them pretty useless at this. I suppose they could be used for Strategic bombing as well.

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Uses for different bombers question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI