Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer Army Losses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> The War Room >> Panzer Army Losses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer Army Losses - 4/26/2016 3:22:35 PM   
Stryder

Basically the same question, but for Panzer army. I may have lost too many tanks in my current campaign but with nothing to compare, I don't know.

What are typical losses or the number of active tanks by date of the campaign?

It would be interesting to know, and compare versus a benchmark. It could also be another way of modifying your review (strategic, tactical, etc.)

Losses could also have a political point impact. A Pyrrhic victory where you have suffered massive casualties would affect morale and your standing with leadership.

Are the metrics collected a method of providing a report on your losses and those inflicted on the opponent?

Post #: 1
RE: Panzer Army Losses - 5/1/2016 2:15:46 PM   
henri51

By the time of Smolensk, the Panzer Groups had lost 75% of their PZIVs and 50% of their other tanks, mostly due to attrition (most were recoverable, but spare parts were not available in the field). The main culprit was dust... And there were huge distances between the fast-moving Panzers and the foot infantry following behind. This meant that the Panzers sometimes were used for functions that should have been handled by infantry. Look for Youtube military lectures under the keyword "Barbarossa" for detailed discussions.

(in reply to Stryder)
Post #: 2
RE: Panzer Army Losses - 5/1/2016 3:25:23 PM   
Vic

The metrics are just a few small data points being sent to the VR server to check how the game balance is doing and some decisions are monitored as well.
The intent of the metrics is to help the devs improve the game balance based on how the players are playing and winning or losing the game. :)

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 3
RE: Panzer Army Losses - 9/24/2017 2:50:13 AM   
75Pak

I lose about 5-6% of my panzer in any division each turn. I do refits while moving the FSB forward. I try to time it so an entire PG is resting and refitting while the FSB is moving.

In the playthroughs where I win, I usually take Moscow in mid November and most of my PGs are around 10-20% serviceable panzers by then.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> The War Room >> Panzer Army Losses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI