Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Unleashed Extended I & II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Unleashed Extended I & II Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 4/24/2016 9:01:54 AM   
jadelith

ok thank you. the income bonus is not my thing, but otherwise great mod!

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 121
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 4/27/2016 3:51:05 AM   
greenspacejerk

Hi, I'm loving this mod, but there are several things I'd like to bring up:

1. In the latest version (the one with Retreat's editing), there is still that repeating column about the colonization tech cost and construction speed factor in the Napoar race.txt, which needs to be manually corrected.

2. The word 'torpedo' is misspelled a few times in fighters.txt. ... you might wanna peruse the whole file once again, English isn't my 1st language and I might have missed other errors.

This is my first post, but I have been on board for at least the last three years, but that spelling blunder irked me so much that it prompted me to finally register here, so that I could tell you guys! You deserve mad respect, kudos to all of you! :)

(in reply to jadelith)
Post #: 122
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 4/28/2016 4:48:14 PM   
Retreat1970

1. This is true but has no effect on the AI. I'll need more bugs to update.

2. I didn't see a wrong spelling.

Thanks for helping.

(in reply to greenspacejerk)
Post #: 123
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 4/28/2016 6:19:58 PM   
mordachai

I constantly misspell things. Torpedoe is a common mistake I make. I'll double check my files this evening, and try to get my stuff posted... though I may have to integrate Retreat's changes... I'll see :)

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 124
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 4/28/2016 9:05:57 PM   
greenspacejerk

It was actually 'topredo', the 'r' and 'p' had to be switched around ...

when I noticed that error I felt the urge to go through all of the text files (mainly because I wanted to see how things are set up and where to commit some minor changes to my liking), but, well, it seems all to be in tip-top shape!

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 125
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 4/28/2016 9:31:41 PM   
Retreat1970

Yeah I see it now. Two instances. Fixed.

(in reply to greenspacejerk)
Post #: 126
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/4/2016 4:45:25 PM   
Noopy

I want to first say thank you guys! This mod is pretty great, it brings some of the best things from the community to one of my favorite games. I have one quick question. The Napoar race (Machines with fast colonization tech) seems to have low quality planets a lot in my games. I started a game with a volcanic planet (Their home type) with a 9% which is kinda crazy. Is it just bad RNG or is there a bug? Also I see a lot of other planets that the Napoar are suppose to be able to inhabit like Desert or Ice with low quality as well. Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated!

(in reply to jadelith)
Post #: 127
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/4/2016 5:05:47 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

what do you mean with "RNG" ???

(in reply to Noopy)
Post #: 128
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/4/2016 5:16:16 PM   
Noopy

Random Number Generator. It's practically luck. Since every starting system is random I'm assuming it's RNG, I may be wrong and DW:U may use something different but I just kind of use that term for "luck"

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 129
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/5/2016 12:08:10 AM   
Encadi

Hey guys is this mod currently uptodate and playable?

(in reply to Noopy)
Post #: 130
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/5/2016 6:19:59 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noopy

Random Number Generator. It's practically luck. Since every starting system is random I'm assuming it's RNG, I may be wrong and DW:U may use something different but I just kind of use that term for "luck"

thank you Noopy, it's always difficult for me to understand on the spot acronyms in english that's not my native language..

about your doubt, you should try to create many different games (always with the same Napoar race) and compare the results to see if it's only bad luck or something else.

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 5/5/2016 6:25:50 PM >

(in reply to Noopy)
Post #: 131
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/5/2016 7:09:41 PM   
Noopy

It's no problem! Didn't mean to confuse you in the first place. And yes, I have created many games and it does seem random. Some Volcanic worlds are up to 90% and some desert worlds are 50-60 but it seems a little weird to get a home world type as 9% or a desert planet with around 20% But I guess that's just how a randomly generated galaxy is made.

Post #: 132
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/5/2016 7:14:51 PM   
Retreat1970

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noopy

I want to first say thank you guys! This mod is pretty great, it brings some of the best things from the community to one of my favorite games. I have one quick question. The Napoar race (Machines with fast colonization tech) seems to have low quality planets a lot in my games. I started a game with a volcanic planet (Their home type) with a 9% which is kinda crazy. Is it just bad RNG or is there a bug? Also I see a lot of other planets that the Napoar are suppose to be able to inhabit like Desert or Ice with low quality as well. Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated!

Check home system setting at startup. A higher setting means a higher quality.

Napoar starts volcanic. You have to research other world types in order to colonize.

quote:

Hey guys is this mod currently uptodate and playable?

Yes

(in reply to Noopy)
Post #: 133
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/6/2016 11:01:14 PM   
Noopy

Yea I found out, I was being silly. I was just unlucky with a couple of my starts. There were plenty of colonies. Thanks!

Post #: 134
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/8/2016 2:15:32 PM   
Hanekem

I am playing the lattest version of this mod, But I think I am running on an issue with Resort Bases.
I was curious why my income tab wasn't showing any income from resort bases and took a look at them, some have pops, buuut looking at the planets they orbit... they don't seem to be associated with them, I mean the build resort base isn't grayed out and the only modifier the bases seem to suffer, per the bases tab, is an empire-wide tourism bonus.

Just a heads up

(in reply to Noopy)
Post #: 135
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/9/2016 1:18:29 AM   
Retreat1970

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanekem

I am playing the lattest version of this mod, But I think I am running on an issue with Resort Bases.
I was curious why my income tab wasn't showing any income from resort bases and took a look at them, some have pops, buuut looking at the planets they orbit... they don't seem to be associated with them, I mean the build resort base isn't grayed out and the only modifier the bases seem to suffer, per the bases tab, is an empire-wide tourism bonus.

Just a heads up

I don't completely understand your post, but if there's a problem it's not a mod issue. There isn't a way to modify the functionality of resorts.

(in reply to Hanekem)
Post #: 136
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/9/2016 5:05:36 PM   
Hanekem

The issue seems to be that the build resort button on the planets don't always grey out after a click, meaning you could, hypothetically, build as many resorts on the same planet.
At the same time, because I was getting too little resort income, I was curious if the above issue was causing problems with the resort bases association with the planet/asteroid they are built upon( I had several resort bases near rich colonies in relatively nice locations with zero pop) I know that sometimes bases can fall off their planets, or that it had happened on previous versions of the game, and was afraid I was having that issue

Post #: 137
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/9/2016 5:33:24 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

Hanekem, do you have experienced this Resort Bases issue only with this mod or also on the vanilla version (or with other mods) ???

(in reply to Hanekem)
Post #: 138
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/10/2016 1:24:19 AM   
Hanekem

This mod, though it has been some time since I played vanilla, but I don't recall this issue, at all.

Post #: 139
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/27/2016 5:02:48 PM   
Julzjuice

First off, amazing mod. It really adds a whole lot to the game. There's only one thing that I don't like... The new economy. I really hate the fact that at the start of a pre-warp game you are already swimming in cash, it removes a lot of the game difficulty and management to me.

Is there a way that I could modify the game files to adjust the economy back to vanilla? That's really the only part of the mod that I am not really found of. Also, there seem to be a bug with tax rates and happiness.

I tried starting a new game with the humans with the Corporate something government (don't remember the exact name and I am at work ) and at the game start (pre-warp and starting), my taxes are already set to 100% and happiness doesn't even seem to suffer at all from being taxed to 100%. All I got was -5 happiness because of high taxes... That made no sense to me so I went on to test something and lowered the taxes to 0% and STILL had -5 to happiness for taxes too high. Am I the only one with this bug?! Happened with the other races I tested it with. The mod was installed on a fresh DW:U install (updated to the latest patch) and nothing else but the UEII installed.

I really enjoy the mod... but this whole economy overhaul seems messed up and rushed to me. Any input on this would be really apreciated! Thank you for your hard work and amazing mod.

Edit: Forgot to add that colony growth did not seem to be affected by tax rate either in any of the tests I made (be it 100% tax rate or 0%).

< Message edited by Julzjuice -- 5/27/2016 5:15:09 PM >

(in reply to Hanekem)
Post #: 140
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 5/27/2016 9:00:25 PM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Julzjuice

First off, amazing mod. It really adds a whole lot to the game. There's only one thing that I don't like... The new economy. I really hate the fact that at the start of a pre-warp game you are already swimming in cash, it removes a lot of the game difficulty and management to me.

Is there a way that I could modify the game files to adjust the economy back to vanilla? That's really the only part of the mod that I am not really found of. Also, there seem to be a bug with tax rates and happiness.

I tried starting a new game with the humans with the Corporate something government (don't remember the exact name and I am at work ) and at the game start (pre-warp and starting), my taxes are already set to 100% and happiness doesn't even seem to suffer at all from being taxed to 100%. All I got was -5 happiness because of high taxes... That made no sense to me so I went on to test something and lowered the taxes to 0% and STILL had -5 to happiness for taxes too high. Am I the only one with this bug?! Happened with the other races I tested it with. The mod was installed on a fresh DW:U install (updated to the latest patch) and nothing else but the UEII installed.

I really enjoy the mod... but this whole economy overhaul seems messed up and rushed to me. Any input on this would be really apreciated! Thank you for your hard work and amazing mod.

Edit: Forgot to add that colony growth did not seem to be affected by tax rate either in any of the tests I made (be it 100% tax rate or 0%).

You could take a look at the original version of the research extension part of this mod, 'Research Unleashed'. It only modifies the research tree and adds Das Chrome UI and Extended Races:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3807911

(in reply to Julzjuice)
Post #: 141
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/2/2016 3:00:56 AM   
Julzjuice

Guys, I have a small problem with the mod: my planet images are cut on the sides. I dont really know how to explain this, but it's like if the image was too big for the game and so it was cut a little on each sides. It doesnt apply to all planets though, only big planets with rings...

Does anyone ran into this problem before? Is there a way to fix that? I did not change anything to the mod, the only thing I changed, are the ship sprites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 142
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/2/2016 5:44:11 PM   
Retreat1970

quote:

Is there a way that I could modify the game files to adjust the economy back to vanilla

UEI has normal income modifiers. UEII and RetreatUE do not. Edit the governments text file in the mod folder, and adjust to your liking. I personally enjoy the monetary increase. Helps more than it hurts, especially for the AI.

(in reply to Julzjuice)
Post #: 143
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/2/2016 7:30:05 PM   
Retreat1970

quote:

ORIGINAL: Julzjuice

Guys, I have a small problem with the mod: my planet images are cut on the sides. I dont really know how to explain this, but it's like if the image was too big for the game and so it was cut a little on each sides. It doesnt apply to all planets though, only big planets with rings...

Does anyone ran into this problem before? Is there a way to fix that? I did not change anything to the mod, the only thing I changed, are the ship sprites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

You explained it perfectly. It seems a randomly generated large (size) gas giant with rings exceeds the footprint allowed for said planet. As for a fix, maybe resizing all gas planets in an editor would work. I'm not up for the challenge (lazy), but if anyone is, feel free.

(in reply to Julzjuice)
Post #: 144
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/5/2016 7:44:50 AM   
Morkon

I'm not sure if this bug was already reported.

I found the following bug:
The race specific hangar of the Calephs don't count as a hangar when creating a carrier ship. As a workaround I have to add normal hangars to fulfill the 20% hangar component criteria.

(in reply to jadelith)
Post #: 145
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/6/2016 9:21:35 AM   
LordMM

Missiles seems to be OP due to the Range, i cant seem to win any engagement if i don't use missiles

(in reply to Morkon)
Post #: 146
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/6/2016 7:06:22 PM   
Retreat1970

quote:

The race specific hangar of the Calephs don't count as a hangar when creating a carrier ship.

Works in RetreatUE. I know I made changes to the hanger bay (don't remember what), but UEI and II are Mordachai's mods and are unchanged.

quote:

Missiles seems to be OP due to the Range, i cant seem to win any engagement if i don't use missiles

Missiles aren't that great (5 damage at lvl 1) until you get to Caslon missiles or assault missiles. The range is a pain, but with some micromanaging it should be easy to overcome. If their ships are faster than yours too, well you might be dead. Bring in 2+ fleets and box them in. Overkill is never a bad thing. I'm sure you'll think of something.

Side note: I can't speak for Mordachai, but I haven't been playing the game, and I just come around to lurk. These mods should be considered final, but feel free to change them how you want.

(in reply to LordMM)
Post #: 147
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/19/2016 8:29:50 PM   
VukyTzar

Hi all, Im a new DW player and I wanted to try out this mod... I copied it into customizaton folder and then went to activate it in themes menu. While it was activating it said error reading 33 line biases txt. And after that game folder path. i had no issues playing vanila or using other mods as das123's reskins.

Thanks for your time retreat mod seems awsome

< Message edited by VukyTzar -- 6/19/2016 8:32:41 PM >

Post #: 148
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/20/2016 12:25:48 AM   
Retreat1970

The only thing I can think of is a bad install. You are the first to have this problem, I think.

(in reply to VukyTzar)
Post #: 149
RE: Unleashed Extended I & II - 6/20/2016 1:13:31 AM   
VukyTzar

Maybe I shouldnt install it on D disc but in default folder, ill try reinstall it tommorow

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Unleashed Extended I & II Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI