Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

<>

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> <> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
<> - 4/30/2016 4:49:12 PM   
Stryder

<>

< Message edited by jfarber -- 5/6/2016 6:55:08 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 5:26:40 PM   
kosmoface

I do, but read only.

< Message edited by kosmoface -- 4/30/2016 5:28:29 PM >

(in reply to Stryder)
Post #: 2
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 5:58:56 PM   
Philippeatbay

I don't, but probably wouldn't post if I did.

(in reply to kosmoface)
Post #: 3
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 6:09:54 PM   
Tophat1815

Gotta love helpful answers eh? What is the issue you want feedback on?

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 4
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 6:35:56 PM   
Philippeatbay

I think he's asking if there's any point in making off-topic posts in the War Room part of the forum, and we seem to be telling him no.

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 5
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 7:52:29 PM   
Tophat1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philippe at bay

I think he's asking if there's any point in making off-topic posts in the War Room part of the forum, and we seem to be telling him no.

Hmmmn,well in the "War room" area he has questions on:

Pripyat marshes..........why would you send anything but infantry in there and even then not far in/for specific purpose. Basically as in WiTe just use those marshes as flypaper to trap/pin opponents forces and limit their movement.

Reassigning Panzer Armies...to different Army Groups? Why? My take is the German general staff allocated them for a reason to the various Army Groups. AG center having more area to cover got 2 panzer groups due to area to cover,etc....how would you want to redeploy them? Would 2 panzer groups in AGN really help with a northern focus on Lenningrad? Interesting point,I'll have to look at this a bitmyself after I purchase the game later today.

Soviet casualties.....historically I wouldn't trust the daily/weekly reports from this time period.The Russians lost alot in a massed state of confusion. Will check out the games reports,Vic is good with providing reports/information in his games.

Panzer Army losses....many tanks recovered and put back into service.Many captured tanks also put into service so will see what info the game provides. Reasonable question but your infantry is whats going to do most of the fighting,armor just wins the headlines and sets the stage of mythical glory.\

I thought his questions were all in line with the topic and wish I had better answers to offer. As a rule I found it better to encourage discussion and that sense of community so the forum lasts and more people get into the game. Vic does a great job with his games and ongoing support,just look at Advanced Tactics gold.

Post #: 6
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 8:37:11 PM   
Philippeatbay

Didn't mean that to sound as snarky as it did.

By my own admission I rarely visit the War Room, and my comment was based purely on glancing at the titles of the threads and looking at who started them.

Comparing WITE to Barbarossa seems more in line with what goes on in this part of the forum (isn't there a thread about that already?).

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 7
RE: Does anyone read the War Room? - 4/30/2016 8:50:57 PM   
Tophat1815

Didn't mean to throw stones your way at all..........in fact was trying not too! Ah well,the road to hell and all

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> <> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI