Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War Weariness Solution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> War Weariness Solution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War Weariness Solution - 5/13/2016 8:08:41 PM   
NewportGames

I was playing a custom game with large squares, no pirates (much less annoying), 10 empires to start, and played Human democracy.

I found playing as a democracy to be difficult.

I found that by myself I was having difficulty defeating even a few Shakturi mainly due to their superior technology and my lack of funds. Both were in my opinion due to playing as a democracy.

I was in a dilemma. My empire war weariness was in the "red" as rampant. Plus, I was short of funds and running my state in the red though my overall cash flow was positive. I could not defeat the Shakturi in my opinion without risking rebellion in the empire. I was going to be forced to make peace which was just about as bad.

I solved the problem by having a rebellion and switching my form of government from Democracy to the Way of the Ancients. In one flash I solved my war weariness problem which switch from rampant to none and my cash flow improved dramatically. This enabled me to stay at war with them until the Ancient Guardians entered the war along with just about everyone else.
Post #: 1
RE: War Weariness Solution - 5/17/2016 2:50:43 AM   
greenspacejerk

Brokering a peace deal immediately erases all the war weariness, so if you declare war again on your foe only a fraction of a second later it's as if your people are experiencing warfare for the very first time ...
This gotta be a design oversight!

(in reply to NewportGames)
Post #: 2
RE: War Weariness Solution - 11/22/2016 7:46:18 AM   
annarosy

really tired!Brokering a peace deal immediately erases all the war weariness.

(in reply to greenspacejerk)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> War Weariness Solution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI