Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

British & mulit-player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> British & mulit-player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
British & mulit-player - 5/16/2016 8:58:14 PM   
Nimrod 9th

Lots of talk in the forum about playing as British and multi-player. I like the idea too. I've played lots of games and I note a couple major issues with multi-player. As the French I hope/pray the AI spends all those horse cav and lt inf cards on the Russians. By defeating Prussia and Austria regularly I can keep those huge strong Russian armies in Russia. But what if the AI modernized Prussia and Austria instead of Russia/Britain? What if the AI time those two to go to war at about the same time? What if those HV cav, horse art, lt inf, g-inf went to the modernized Prussian/Austrian armies. If I was the British player that's what I'd do. Don't see how france could stand against a coordinated attack from those two modernized improved armies.

So how do we keep this from happening? Maybe one modernize must be played on Britain? Maybe if modernized is played on Prussia/Austria/Russia units only have a 50% chance of improving? I'm sure there are other ways too. I don't have the answer but it would need to be worked in somehow.
Post #: 1
RE: British & mulit-player - 5/17/2016 4:58:43 AM   
Uncle_Joe

Well in theory the game was designed from the ground up as a Multiplayer game (the board game version) so I imagine it has been tested for some sort of balance if played as the Brits.

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 2
RE: British & mulit-player - 5/17/2016 6:02:25 AM   
amtrick

According to the manual there are four "military reform" cards the AI can play after the Spring 1807 turn. Since they are randomized, not all four become available to the AI at the same time. What I have experienced is that the AI plays the reform cards on whoever is at war with France whenever they become available. So in the game I am playing now Britain and Austria have been reformed, cause that who I am at war with ... but I know Prussia and Russia can happen at any time. In previous games it has been Britain first and then the others later. In one game I got hit with a reform card on Britain, Spain, Russia and Prussia in the same turn. ARGGGH!

RickD

(in reply to Uncle_Joe)
Post #: 3
RE: British & mulit-player - 5/18/2016 1:49:45 AM   
gdrover

It may be tough for the French AI to deal with a wily British human player. We'll see. I'm thinking that there may be a 'sudden death' option for the Human British side.

Something like: If all continental allies are at peace with France AND X points have been scored by the French the French (AI) player wins.

(in reply to amtrick)
Post #: 4
RE: British & mulit-player - 5/18/2016 1:58:50 PM   
James Ward

Yes you would have to force the Brits to engage at some point and not just sit back and let others do the fighting.

(in reply to gdrover)
Post #: 5
RE: British & mulit-player - 5/19/2016 11:37:31 PM   
Nimrod 9th

Wow. I had no idea there are four reform cards. If I'd know that I might not have started this thread. I have no idea how many games I've played. Many many many. Never, and mean never have more than 2 been played and 95% of the time Britain and Russia. A very limited number of times Austria got one with either Russia or Britain. Must be the way I play and my French strategy.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> British & mulit-player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI