Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Starting with game and got common questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Starting with game and got common questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Starting with game and got common questions - 5/15/2016 9:26:06 AM   
sossenbinder

Feel free, to use this threads to write questions and answers.

Here are my questions. I never played any hex game and i am quite new to this kind of games.

1.) Please anybody can tell me the major difference between integrity and moral?
Morale determines how many casualties a unit can stand before losing cohesion and panicking. Integrity shows how much of the units original Order of Battle are still present and it influences the chance of a unit breaking in combat.
Both seems to control unit breaking in combat. Where are the differences?

2.) Don´t understand the outcome of the roll when looking at the decisions log. F.e.
"6th Army HQ failed to be withdrawn (50% chance, roll 95)"

What roll is needed, that the unit can be withdrawn? 95 looks like a very good roll for me. What is the max roll which can occur? And at what roll can the unit been withdrawn?

3.) I always got the message in my log, that the unit failed to deploy - how to affect this outcome?

< Message edited by sossenbinder -- 5/15/2016 9:28:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Starting with game and got common questions - 5/15/2016 2:00:52 PM   
Johnpilot

I am new myself only having got this yesterday, but here is what I found:

1. Below is from the manual on Integrity:

This shows how much of the units original Order of Battle are still present and it influences the chance of a unit breaking in combat. It has no direct combat effect other than triggering the chance to break below the threshold shown in the tool tip. Low morale can aggravate the situation and combine to increase the chance of breaking. The tool tip will show the level at which the unit is prone to breaking at. This varies. Normal Wehrmacht units will break at below 50% whereas for SS units it will be 30%. Romanian units, for example, can break at 60% or below.

On Morale:

Morale is a measure of how well a unit will fight. Morale determines how many casualties a unit can stand before losing cohesion and panicking. A Morale level of 50 means that the unit may panic once it has lost 50% of its troops. An even lower Morale level of 25 means that it only has to lose 25% of its troops before it may panic. Panic is never certain and even low morale troops can sometimes hold out while taking severe losses.

2. I believe the roll is less than or equal to the chance percent. So a 50% chance success would be 1 - 50, 95 is greater and it failed.

3. Not sure, sorry.

john

(in reply to sossenbinder)
Post #: 2
RE: Starting with game and got common questions - 5/15/2016 5:10:53 PM   
Moltke71

Failing to deploy just means it'll become active later than scheduled.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Johnpilot)
Post #: 3
RE: Starting with game and got common questions - 5/16/2016 12:13:51 AM   
lancer

Hi sossenbinder,

'Failed to deploy', as Bismark has said, means the unit that was scheduled to arrive, but didn't (delays, hiccups, lack of transport, etc.)

There is a % chance of deployment and it is modified depending on where the HQ of the unit is (it deploys to the HQ's location).

If the HQ is in a city then the deployment chances double (almost a certainty). If not on a rail line - in the countryside away from transport net - then it'll halve (low probability).

You'll get a message in the daily log the turn before a unit deploys that gives you the opportunity to re position your HQ for an optimum outcome. Of course military matters may take precedence and your reinforcements may have to manage as best they can.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 4
RE: Starting with game and got common questions - 5/16/2016 7:17:10 AM   
sossenbinder

Thanks for your reply. Got it!

But my second question. Can anybody confirm what Johnpilot answered? A chance of 50% means, that the outcome will be positive when roll is below 50?

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 5
RE: Starting with game and got common questions - 5/16/2016 4:10:24 PM   
Philippeatbay

When the text mentions a certain kind of outcome (usually specified as good or bad), a die roll inside of the range produces that outcome. A 30% chance of a bad outcome and a die roll of 42 will not produce a bad outcome. A 50% chance of a good outcome and a die roll of 26 will produce a good outcome.

Post #: 6
RE: Starting with game and got common questions - 5/19/2016 4:58:23 AM   
Johnpilot

sossenbinder;

From the manual:

Examining the first one you can see that it involved a random roll. There was a 75% chance of a bad outcome (probably not a good decision to delegate), the roll (percentile, 1d100, die) was 28 which was subsequently dropped to 3 because of Mirco’s handicap (28 - 25 = 3). Unfortunately a bad outcome has occurred (with Mirco’s handicap and the odds involved this was inevitable - he can’t be blamed as you’ve overloaded poor Micro with....

John

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Starting with game and got common questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI