Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paradigm Shift

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Paradigm Shift Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paradigm Shift - 5/23/2016 2:55:30 AM   
Texican

I have a concept. Why not drop the "Modern" from the title, and expand the game to cover from 1910 or so to the modern era. Would really like to see some WWI, Interwar, and WWII naval operation scenarios.
Post #: 1
RE: Paradigm Shift - 5/23/2016 3:35:03 AM   
mikmykWS

You may get WWII at some point but nobody has looked into WW1 etc.

Bottom line is we need get a return on investment on what we're doing before any paradigm shifts. Do you think there is a huge market for WWI?

Mike

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 2
RE: Paradigm Shift - 5/23/2016 4:11:31 AM   
rvseydlitz

There would probably be some who love the idea of WW1. It would probably be fairly easy if you did WW2 as it is mostly guns.
I think that it would probably be a niche however... the "some" who love it would love it much, but they would not be many.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Paradigm Shift - 5/23/2016 4:58:49 AM   
mikmykWS

WW2 we need some gun adjustments (arcs, penetration), armor, smoke screens and a lot of AI. WW1 would share some but need things but would need to map out others.

We are looking to possibly expand the team again soon so maybe this is something somebody can take up then.

Right now the current team has some pretty big tasks on their worklists.

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 5/23/2016 5:01:53 AM >

(in reply to rvseydlitz)
Post #: 4
RE: Paradigm Shift - 5/23/2016 7:33:00 AM   
CCIP-subsim

Also, there's already a very solid WWI naval title already (Steam and Iron) - and that series may eventually move up to WWII as well.
There's also the tricky issue of accounting for the virtually non-existent communication in air ops in that period. I think it would be a lot more work to be done there than it seems, especially since few of Command's real strength in terms of sensor modeling and complex weapons apply there. Most of the fog of war in CMANO is due to that complexity.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
RE: Paradigm Shift - 5/23/2016 2:11:15 PM   
ColonelMolerat

I would love to see a 'WW1 CMANO', but I labour under no conceptions it will ever happen. CMANO is phenomenally complex as it is, and if any extension to the past were to be made, WW2 would of course be the next step. Then it's 20 years further to reach WW1...

WW1 is so often ignored in computer games and the media (though I hope there may be a renaissance, led by the new Battlefield), and the naval aspect is a forgotten part of an ignored war...

I would love to see a CMANO-like game around WW1 (including detailed land warfare), but I may be waiting a while.

Of course, what will we do when WW3 wipes most of humanity out in nuclear hellfire, and we return to fighting with sticks and stones? The 'Modern' part of the title will have to refer to the latest in spear-throwing technology...

(in reply to CCIP-subsim)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Paradigm Shift Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI