Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armor Direct Fire Ineffective

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Armor Direct Fire Ineffective Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/23/2016 2:01:15 AM   
lwarmonger

So I'm curious if I'm missing something. Tanks seem to have a difficult time getting kills in this game. I have NATO tank platoons engaging a Soviet armor company in the open at 2500 meters getting one kill if they are lucky, and frequently getting nothing. ATGM's get kills. Artillery gets kills. Dismounted infantry close in get kills. If my tankers were as bad as they appear to be in this game, I would fire them all.

Real tank battles are over quick due to the lethality of the weapon system. We've got a ballistics computer so we kill the first time. What gives?
Post #: 1
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/24/2016 5:38:48 AM   
JWNoctis

Which scenario and which tank versus which? Time of day and weather condition? Cover and deployment of enemy?

For all I can tell better NATO tanks usually hole all but the best WP ones like it was a turkey shoot. The problem is with too many turkeys swarming you over and occasionally they do bite hard, you don't have that many better NATO tanks, and the best WP ones will give you a bad time especially when they came in battalions and when all you have are L7-equpped vehicles or less.

EDIT: Make that L7 equipped - Got confused for a moment there.

< Message edited by JWNoctis -- 5/24/2016 5:42:22 AM >

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 2
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/25/2016 9:03:09 AM   
Phoenix100

Not my (limited) experience. Try School Teacher Campaign and line your armour up as in the pic below. All the little black markers are dead WP units, tanks and PCs. It's a slaughter. I haven't lost a single tank yet, though I will, gradually. The furthest kills there are at around 3km range, i think....

Peter

Which scenario did you have probs with?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by phoenix -- 5/25/2016 9:08:10 AM >

(in reply to JWNoctis)
Post #: 3
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/25/2016 12:28:22 PM   
CapnDarwin

As seen above, setting kill zones, use of smoke, and a layered defense can do wonders. There are a good number of factors that go into any exchange of weapons fire in the game.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 4
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/29/2016 12:50:48 PM   
lwarmonger

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWNoctis

Which scenario and which tank versus which? Time of day and weather condition? Cover and deployment of enemy?

For all I can tell better NATO tanks usually hole all but the best WP ones like it was a turkey shoot. The problem is with too many turkeys swarming you over and occasionally they do bite hard, you don't have that many better NATO tanks, and the best WP ones will give you a bad time especially when they came in battalions and when all you have are L7-equpped vehicles or less.

EDIT: Make that L7 equipped - Got confused for a moment there.

I've got some Leopards rolling up against T-80's. My ATGMs killed almost everything they fired at. Artillery got a lot of kills, especially when I dropped FASCAM in front of the armor and then DPICM on the now stalled armor. But tanks direct fire... nothing. That has happened a few times now, and I'm at the point where I am just trying to contrive scenarios for tanks to get kills.

(in reply to JWNoctis)
Post #: 5
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/29/2016 1:09:15 PM   
CapnDarwin

If you guys seeing issues could grab a screen shot and save game, we can look at the issues.

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 6
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/29/2016 2:20:57 PM   
clodhellmer

Well, I played a couple of games with the 11.5 Beta. Even with the LEO 1 and Chieftain I can kill T80. For me it feels right.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Armor Direct Fire Ineffective - 5/29/2016 2:37:37 PM   
CapnDarwin

That's the weird thing, we are not seeing an issue either, but there is always room for an odd bug.

(in reply to clodhellmer)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Armor Direct Fire Ineffective Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI