Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/17/2016 7:30:42 AM   
FieldOfGlory

Hi Folks,
This a new PBEM video series I started against a player that goes by the steam handle "Vince McMahon" AKA Mike. Mike is a relatively new player but has logged in many of hour of game time vs the AI as well as PVP against myself and a number of other player over there on steam.

In this game I let Mike choose the starting condition as well as the random "A New Dawn 3" Map. Mike opted for a 1 year diplomatic block and also gave each player a 2000PP starting bonus. The map is very defensive in nature with lots of forest and choke points. Naval warfare will be a necessity at some point and once you've seen the map you'll understand why.

Episode 1 https://youtu.be/YmE69Q7PzaY
Post #: 1
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/17/2016 3:13:19 PM   
Tac2i

Well darn, was hoping to see this one use the Diplomatic Block Mod. That would have given you a random block lasting anywhere from 4-9 turns without foreknowledge of when it would lift.

quote:

ORIGINAL: FieldOfGlory

Hi Folks,
This a new PBEM video series I started against a player that goes by the steam handle "Vince McMahon" AKA Mike. Mike is a relatively new player but has logged in many of hour of game time vs the AI as well as PVP against myself and a number of other player over there on steam.

In this game I let Mike choose the starting condition as well as the random "A New Dawn 3" Map. Mike opted for a 1 year diplomatic block and also gave each player a 2000PP starting bonus. The map is very defensive in nature with lots of forest and choke points. Naval warfare will be a necessity at some point and once you've seen the map you'll understand why.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 5/17/2016 3:15:07 PM >

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to FieldOfGlory)
Post #: 2
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/17/2016 11:13:50 PM   
FieldOfGlory

Don't worry Roy I still have plans of using your Mod in a future project. This game actually started around the same time I started the game with IronDuke before I installed your Mod. This game just has not progressed as fast as the game with Duke. Actual gameplay right now is on turn 23.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Well darn, was hoping to see this one use the Diplomatic Block Mod. That would have given you a random block lasting anywhere from 4-9 turns without foreknowledge of when it would lift.

quote:

ORIGINAL: FieldOfGlory

Hi Folks,

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 3
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/18/2016 11:49:28 PM   
FieldOfGlory

EPISODE 2...

This episode jumps to turn 12. This is the last turn of the diplomatic block. Next turn is war and my forces are in position.

Link: https://youtu.be/9UgokarTIBc

Post #: 4
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/20/2016 6:25:50 AM   
FieldOfGlory

EPISODE 3...

The war begins with operation "Jungle Storm". I kick off this war with a surprise attack on my opponents production cities using strategic bombers III's.

Link: https://youtu.be/KsGHGcwDjW4

Post #: 5
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/20/2016 6:39:16 AM   
FieldOfGlory

I actually got a dislike over on youtube for this series which was a little surprising. There aren't very many gamers over on youtube that have actually taken the time to make videos for this game. I know us grognards are a special breed and some gamers may think our games are boring and time consuming but I don't agree with that assertion. I think people who don't like our games are just too lazy to use their brains and just want to push buttons on their play stations without ever having to think.

If you have watched any of these videos in this series and like the fact that someone is given this game its due attention then please show your support over on youtube and click the like button.

Post #: 6
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/27/2016 10:19:01 PM   
FieldOfGlory

EPISODE 4...

As operation "Jungle Storm" continues I expand my strategic air campaign to include enemy factories.

Link: https://youtu.be/WDhq9U_m18Q

Post #: 7
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/29/2016 1:02:35 AM   
Tac2i

I appreciate your videos though they are on rather small maps and don't use map loop. If you have read my AARs you know I normally play on large maps vs 3 AI and always use map loop. In all of my recent AI games I've also chose to use depleted land which means less oil and raw. Of course I also use my Diplomatic Block mod.

I haven't played ATG in awhile. I've been playing Battleground Europe (WWII Online) for about two months now. This game, if you can believe it, has been around 15 years. Next month on June 6th it celebrates its 15th anniversary. I first played it back in 2001 when it was first released but only stayed with it a few months. Don't know how long I'll stick around this time. The game runs 24/7.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Post #: 8
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/29/2016 6:27:55 AM   
FieldOfGlory

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I appreciate your videos though they are on rather small maps and don't use map loop. If you have read my AARs you know I normally play on large maps vs 3 AI and always use map loop. In all of my recent AI games I've also chose to use depleted land which means less oil and raw. Of course I also use my Diplomatic Block mod.

I haven't played ATG in awhile. I've been playing Battleground Europe (WWII Online) for about two months now. This game, if you can believe it, has been around 15 years. Next month on June 6th it celebrates its 15th anniversary. I first played it back in 2001 when it was first released but only stayed with it a few months. Don't know how long I'll stick around this time. The game runs 24/7.

Yes I've played many of games just as you described on large map against multiple AI's, But not with depleted lands. Probably my favorite way to play the AI. I went with a medium map against Ironduke because it was just the 2 of us and my opponent chose this map. Now the reason I chose the small map in my AI++ series was because it was only 1 AI, but I was certainly going back and forth between the map I used and the next size up. I think in a future project a game against multiple AI's on a larger map may be a lot of fun. Not 3 AI++'s though.

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 5/29/2016 6:33:07 AM >

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 9
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/29/2016 7:42:19 PM   
FieldOfGlory

EPISODE 5 & 6...

In Episode 5 my bombers destroy a couple more enemy factories and the front lines are pretty stagnate with some back and forth attacks.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WfCuTNN7As

EPISODE 6 Was an epic war changing turn. My bombers have left a path of destruction across the central island that was much greater than I anticipated. Combine that with they fact that the balance of power along the battle lines are beginning to clearly lean in my favor and thanks in part to a huge investment in Artillery. I believe my units will start to advance at a quickened pace through the forest and overwhelm the enemy.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ef4yxY3YZM

Post #: 10
RE: FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR - 5/31/2016 7:40:00 AM   
FieldOfGlory

EPISODE 7...

Soviet bombers destroy 2 more enemy factories. My opponents production on the central island has been irreparably damaged and I can only surmise his reinforcements to his armies on the central island have got to be crippled. Japanese forces still hold the line but the constant artillery fire they are under is starting to show combined difficulties receiving reinforcements, I imagine they have to break apart and collapse soon.

Link: https://youtu.be/4SXLWZzBRBc

< Message edited by FieldOfGlory -- 5/31/2016 7:42:19 AM >

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> FieldOfGlory vs Vince McMahon PBEM AAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI