Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Vulim Empire Coup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Titan's Map Room >> RE: Vulim Empire Coup Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 7/31/2011 3:41:39 PM   
Megrez

@ Ghstbear:
Mission 9 was very difficoult :) but mission 10 was so delicious (with the possibility to ass-kick Murdock)
Now I'm trying mission 11.

Nice campaign :)

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 31
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 7/31/2011 9:21:46 PM   
shalis

awesome. thank you ghostbear.

looking forward to trying this campaign out.

(in reply to Megrez)
Post #: 32
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 9/15/2011 5:41:44 PM   
Ghstbear

Yes, this was intended. It fits the story line. Thanks for the fix to the problem. It would have been messy to work around it.

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 33
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 9/15/2011 5:42:20 PM   
Ghstbear

Thanks Megrez!

You may be the first to get through it on the site. I think it only goes to 14. 14 is an epic, though. It's not necessarily hard, but it has three scenes. I wish you well on the others until then.

< Message edited by Ghstbear -- 9/16/2011 10:02:53 PM >

(in reply to Megrez)
Post #: 34
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/28/2011 6:40:51 PM   
Dailager

This is an awesome campaign, and it really shows that you put a lot of work and time into its design!

I am stuck on the mission "War Begins," and was wondering if someone could help me determine what to do next.  I have hit all the target areas and have also disabled all enemies, but I can't get my titans to the exit area, because it is located on an unclimbable mountain.  I have been back over the (huge) map, but I don't see anything else to do.  Does anyone know something else I could try?  Thanks! 

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 35
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/28/2011 11:20:27 PM   
Ghstbear

Wow! You are so close. Don't forget you have to destroy the building in the beginning (scene #1 of the 4 scenes) to set the ambassadors free. Otherwise the map will not let you succeed. This was a way of having more than one objective involved in the mission. Beware that it is guarded.

I would love to know your team configuration when you are done. I was trying my best to not let the super massive titans have the advantage, and sometimes you do better to keep them on the lighter side. Did you find that to be the case?

(in reply to Dailager)
Post #: 36
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/31/2011 5:12:14 PM   
Dailager

Man I feel dumb, but I never destroyed that building, only moved my titans onto the hex.  Thanks for the tip!

In the beginning of the campaign, I was attempting to use heavy and assault titans for each mission, but that became almost impossible to succeed, so for the last several missions I have gone with the pre-mades Imp (70), Unicorn (40), Thor (70), and Vulcanoid (70).  The lighter titans make the difficulty manageable, though I would still classify most of the missions as highly difficult (especially the one in the city where you rescue the general).  I'm not complaining - the difficulty is what makes the fun to me, but you better save your game often .

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 37
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 11/1/2011 3:35:37 AM   
Ghstbear

Good to hear - it works as planned then. If the whole universe needed only assault titans why would others exist?
Thanks for the input. I am glad to hear it. I do prefer difficult missions. I think all of the hard ones reset after loss. Hopefully that helps. Easier ones help you release frustrations of life I guess, but I like a mission that makes you frustrated. You leave it, say you won't try it again, get to thinking about another way to do it, and then go back to it again. When you do complete them you feel awesome. The frustration of a good, hard mission is better in the end because it makes you realize that any challenge isn't as daunting as it first appears.

I was really surprised that you disabled all of the enemies in the last mission. Of course, some don't appear if you are observant to all information, so that makes it easier. Also, some calvary comes to your aid if you listen as well. Still I found I barely survived at the very last scene (#4). The Imp is good for equalizing forces a bit. I hope you succeed! You may be the first on the site!

(in reply to Dailager)
Post #: 38
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 9/30/2012 4:28:03 PM   
Megrez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dailager

Man I feel dumb, but I never destroyed that building, only moved my titans onto the hex.  Thanks for the tip!

I forgot to tell Ghstbear about the fact I had the same problem when I did face the last mission: I would not pierce a building with my weapons if I have to rescue people who is imprisoned inside of it. But I figured out what to do :)

(in reply to Dailager)
Post #: 39
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/1/2012 12:39:03 AM   
Ghstbear

True, true. That was the closest I could get to the 'blasting them out of there' scenario. I'm sure by now someone finished the entire campaign, right?

(in reply to Megrez)
Post #: 40
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/1/2012 10:04:47 AM   
Megrez

Right :) I think mission 13 is really difficoult (in particular if u choose to trust Vulim). While all the proofs were indicating Vulim as guilty, I was thinking that it was too much easy to accuse him, and that someone was trying to show Vulim as the main reponsible for all the mess, hiding behind the scenes. So I decided to try to trust him, only to find my team ambushed in the centre of a trap-map, under a rocket long-range & heavy cross-fire.

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 41
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/2/2012 10:50:26 AM   
Ghstbear

You are certainly a forgiving person, Megrez. But we are bordering on spoiler alerts here, so lets just say: Wow! Sorry things did not go as they should have. At least you are still alive, though. Also, I hope your team made it out. Are they okay? This is one of those non-resetting missions, so there was no turning back.

Megrez, am I correct in assuming you have finished the campaign?

< Message edited by Ghstbear -- 10/2/2012 10:54:27 AM >

(in reply to Megrez)
Post #: 42
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/2/2012 4:00:50 PM   
Megrez

Yes, I finished it. My team was almost ok after the battle, but not their mechs (one titan totally disabled, but the pilot was ok, plus another two ejected jocks... other titans heavy crippled, and so on...), anyway they made it out.

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 43
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 10/2/2012 11:09:18 PM   
Ghstbear

Nice job!

Megrez, without spoiling things for everyone, what did you think of the finish? Maybe you can tell me how the last mission went down by Personal Message.

< Message edited by Ghstbear -- 10/2/2012 11:11:08 PM >

(in reply to Megrez)
Post #: 44
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/7/2016 6:57:20 AM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Hello Ghstbear
I've played your scenario and the story is quite interesting and fits like a glove to the TOS history and the thinking of that age. As Hero class only squad (and only 200t assaults at hand) it was damned hard on some missions (the Gen. Rescue mission e.g.) as the opponent ratio is extremly high (4-5x let me guess).
Currently I'm stuck in the last mission (#14), but even with "freeing" the senators (destroying the building at the first 'arena') there's no change in the last arena, so the mountains still stays unreachable. All my opponents were destroyed so I just have to solve the puzzle for the "mountain door". Any hint?
Cheers
Sam

P.S.: I'm not sure if TOS_WS would be with a bigger community if more such complex and variable Missions/campaigns would have existed (at the beginning), but you put a lot of effort into creating the scenario, so I wish a lot would try and honour it.

sam.vanratt

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 45
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/7/2016 9:16:06 PM   
Ghstbear

Thanks Sam,
Did you destroy the building, or just enter the hex? Also, there is a difference between heavy damage and destruction. Destroying the building opens up the mountain doors at the end. I have seen a few above think they got the Senators when they only entered the hex. I hope the message doesn't appear until you destroy the building. There is a definite message when it is destroyed. It says:

"&b[ &jock takes his/her &titan and blows a hole through the outer wall.]
&r &jock:&w Okay, get those ambassadors in the transports, and get
them out of here! Quickly, before we're spotted!"

I created the whole campaign to give Larkin some honor. He does well keeping it alive, and he won't share his trade secrets , so what was there left to do but to spin some good lore? I found the whole multiple choice campaign quirk by accident, and it really allows for good twists. When you reach the end you will find that it wasn't really the end, but rather the beginning. I could do another campaign on the actual war. I would need a good tester to work with me.

(in reply to sam.vanratt@gmx.net)
Post #: 46
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/7/2016 9:28:16 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Hi Ghstbear
I'm sure I received the message destroyed (after the first CLG shot did only damage it heavily), but I'm unsure if I received the "Grab all you can" message. It only takes 4000sec (Assault...) to go back; as no opponents are alive I'll go for it again and report back.

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 47
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/8/2016 5:07:12 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

P.S.: There's still a rebel fighter somewhere (never met one as my titan is quite slow) as it is in the AI engine visible. Must I meet with him to get infos?

sam.vanratt

Post #: 48
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/8/2016 8:16:58 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Hi Ghstbear
I was at the destroyed embassy (+took a screenshot) and back in the arena4 (and took another screenshot) and still everything locked. As I don't know the gear into the end: what do I have to a fulfill to get the mountain door open? Is it really only the destruction of the embassy and open (and a release of another squad of enemies + rebel figthers as alliance).
My first go was tapping all Target areas (and destroying stealthily everything in sight), then throught Arena 2+3 untroubled, then the three Titans in the forth arena. Then trying around, looking into this thread, then going back, destroying the embassy, then at arena two the rebels and the four or five enemy Titans destroyed each other in the far away reach, when I got to the sight the left overs "vanished" with one lucky CT Engine hit (which blew the first 40t), which struck another 70t in the CT engine and blew as well, so the two left overs blew its engine due to high heat (standing in the same field). Maybe that didn't finish the story?!
Cheers
Sam

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sam.vanratt@gmx.net -- 4/8/2016 8:23:17 PM >

Post #: 49
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/8/2016 8:18:53 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Here's the second pic of the embassy

Attachment (1)

Post #: 50
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/13/2016 7:41:35 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Hi Ghstbear
I guess it's easier to retrieve my jock/titan instead of figuring out the cause/solution. Can you sent (PM) me the aftermath, so I know the end of the story? I'm glad I came out alive at all (with all my long time jocks) and only a few (own) titans destroyed!
Cheers
Sam

P.S.: If you have another story in work I'm glad to try it. With assault titans nearly impossible to solve due to the overwhelming opponent factor.

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 51
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 4/14/2016 4:05:30 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Hi Ghstbear
in the second attempt it all was different:
a) I was detected
b) I found the small village of the rebels
c) I destroyed the ambassy at first go
d) I was joined by the renegade Vulim Trooper
e) the mountain path was open
f) the cannon was active

I received much more "information brackets" so in my first go I just did not trigger the right spots to get things going as I see.

I finished, hurray!!!

Cheers
Sam

P.S.: BTW... the Vulim trust operation: what is the own/opponent ratio? 8:1 or above?

sam.vanratt

Post #: 52
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 6/3/2016 10:10:18 PM   
Ghstbear

Sam,

Hurray! You are the second confirmed. That was weird that it didn't work the first time. Trust Vulim had a 2:1 enemy weight to Side A's weight. However, the computer will think your allies have the same weight as you, but your ally is locked away making impossible for him to help you, and it is only one titan. Therefore if you had 100 tons, the enemy would have 400 tons. Effectively, then it is a 4:1. Bear in mind that mission was supposed to be impossible because you were actually taking the wrong turn in this choose your own adventure. It is commendable that you got out alive. I think the campaign would have been easier for you if you had started with a green unit and worked through. In the end they would have been seasoned soldiers.

Your volunteering for the next campaign is encouraging. I lost my tester when I moved. The actual war still hasn't begun. Let's talk.

< Message edited by Ghstbear -- 6/3/2016 10:16:29 PM >

Post #: 53
RE: Vulim Empire Coup - 6/5/2016 4:11:34 PM   
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Hi Ghstbear
as I'm a bad loser I even worked my way through the "Trust Mission" just to proof Vulim wrong in his ways ;-)
Attached is the picture. It took me 17 tries and a 16 times of "Get my girls back" expensive recoveries, but I worked a way out and they paid dearly (in the end, before I had to pay).
Your complete campaign is worth the retries! Good context, logical explaination, solid missions (near to impossible for me to solve on the first go) and lots of gameplay!
Cheers

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Titan's Map Room >> RE: Vulim Empire Coup Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI