Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now What ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Now What ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now What ? - 5/9/2000 1:06:00 PM   
Neutral Party

O.K. I dowloaded the beast. Now I've got a ~300MB file on my computer at work, a computer at home where I will play the game and a fistful of 100MB zip disks. Do I have to go find someone with a CD burner or is there some way I can get this baby home using the zips ? Joe

Post #: 1
- 5/9/2000 1:58:00 PM   
Plukh

Yeah, there're many "splitting" utilities available. The easiest would be to use some archiver app (ARJ, RAR, maybe ZIP, don't know), setting compression to "no compression", and just letting it to split the file into volumes the size of your diskette. The other (more complicated) way would be to back up this file using Microsoft Backup (if it is installed on your system), then restoring it at home. I have similar problem ahead of me, I'm using an old 160Mb HDD to carry files to/from home. So, it will take me 2 days to take it to work to play with my colleagues there.

(in reply to Neutral Party)
Post #: 2
- 5/9/2000 6:19:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

WinZip supports archiving spanning several disks. Just creat a zp file on the zip disk, ADD the install file to it and when it runs out of space it will prompt you for another disk. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited 05-09-2000).]

Post #: 3
- 5/9/2000 9:24:00 PM   
Supervisor

The easiest way would be to use the Iomega Zip Backup utility that comes with your ZIP drive...

Post #: 4
- 5/9/2000 10:24:00 PM   
Apocalypse2000

Ok I am stupid I guess! I am at work I downloaded this in about an hour or so. The problem is its on my computer at work??? I have no zip drive and no clue how to get it to my computer. Yikes!!? Am i screwed? What do i do to get this beast to my home computer???

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Now What ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI