Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game speed/scroll speed on map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> game speed/scroll speed on map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/11/2016 10:41:20 PM   
oldman45

My computer finally bought the big one, so I upgraded and reinstalled my favorite games. This one is running horribly slow. The map scroll is so painful I want to throw the mouse and the turns run very slow. It never used to do that because there were hot keys and switches that could be used to speed things up. Problem is I can't find my notes to remember what I need to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/11/2016 10:58:02 PM   
BBfanboy

Check the Win 10 discussion in the Tech section of the forum - lots of discussion of switches to solve slowness and other problems.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 2
RE: game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/11/2016 11:03:24 PM   
oldman45

Yea, thanks, I tried searching a different way and came up with a bunch of stuff. Should have tried a few more times before I posted. Thanks BB

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/12/2016 12:11:49 AM   
oldman45

I used the switches, the game moves around the campaign map faster (I can live with it) I also set windows to run it as a windows 7 but the turn runs very slow. Set the switch for AMD and cpu 2. Anything else I might try?

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 4
RE: game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/12/2016 2:45:00 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

I used the switches, the game moves around the campaign map faster (I can live with it) I also set windows to run it as a windows 7 but the turn runs very slow. Set the switch for AMD and cpu 2. Anything else I might try?

You haven't said what O/S you are using with your new laptop, but I assumed it would come with Win 10. In the thread I mentioned the players that have got their switches right all say Win 10 runs the game faster than Win 7. I am not tech expert so other than suggesting you try to work with Win 10, I have to recommend you take your request for help to the tech section and be prepared to post some screenshots of you settings, especially the switches.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 5
RE: game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/12/2016 7:44:19 PM   
oldman45

thanks

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: game speed/scroll speed on map - 6/12/2016 7:52:02 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

The graphics switches are usually critical in getting the speed up. As BBfanboy go over to the Tech sub-forum where there is a big Win10 thread with the various switch solutions.

Alfred

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> game speed/scroll speed on map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI