Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound effects

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Sound effects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound effects - 6/11/2016 3:31:22 PM   
stevey1112

Hey Folks, I just bought the game and it looks great but I don't seem to have any battle sounds in
my combat resolution screen. I have the message setting on four and all I get is a second of battle
sounds and then nothing. I have looked at the sound effects configs and I have map modes combat map
sounds but no sounds for the combat resolution screen. Could someone please let me know if they have
battle sound effects when resolving combat on the screen. I apologise if this is in the wrong part of
the forum.
Post #: 1
RE: Sound effects - 6/11/2016 7:46:27 PM   
Der Kuenstler

Yes you should be hearing battle sounds...

(in reply to stevey1112)
Post #: 2
RE: Sound effects - 6/11/2016 8:46:25 PM   
Commanderski

In the User Preferences section check your Sound Effects volume setting. Also you won't hear any type of background battle sounds unless you attack somewhere. Some games have constant distant background battle sounds, this isn't one of them and it's not really needed.

(in reply to Der Kuenstler)
Post #: 3
RE: Sound effects - 6/12/2016 10:08:03 AM   
stevey1112

Thanks for the replies, I have volume on 10 and combat resolution message level set to 4. I am
attacking and the combat resolution screen opens up but there is only a snippet of sound. What I
wanted to find out is if you set the battle to message level 4 is there battle sound effects until
the battle is finished or if not is there a way to mod them in. I would like to add some more music
as well.

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 4
RE: Sound effects - 6/12/2016 7:07:04 PM   
Der Kuenstler

You mean your sounds just cut off in the middle or they are just too short for you? After you've played a long while you may find the sounds get repetitive so shorter could be better. I know I've modded most of my sounds to be shorter, not longer.

As for music, I turn off the in-game music. I put the game music files in a larger separate folder that has all of the songs I like in it, including from other games, and play them in the background on windows media player. This game is very stable and lets me run other things in the background with no problem.

To me this is more of a thinking man's game than an action game, so the lack of sounds and fancy graphics doesn't bother me.

(in reply to stevey1112)
Post #: 5
RE: Sound effects - 6/12/2016 11:46:12 PM   
stevey1112

When I perform an attack the combat resolution screen opens but the sound is only for a second or
two. As my message level is set to four I would like to make the battle sounds last until the
combat is resolved. Could you please explain to me how you change the length in your mod? I would
like the battle sounds to loop for about sixty seconds.

(in reply to Der Kuenstler)
Post #: 6
RE: Sound effects - 6/13/2016 3:18:47 AM   
Der Kuenstler

Sure you just get some sound editing software - I use Wavepad Sound Editor. Then get the sounds from your C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East\dat\art\sound folder, edit them to be as long or short as you want and put them back.

(in reply to stevey1112)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Sound effects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI