Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Black screen when starting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Black screen when starting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Black screen when starting - 6/13/2016 9:28:08 AM   
rdresser

I just bought this game today, I downloaded it and will receive hard copy. I was messing with the settings and unchecked windowed mode and tried to run the game. all I get is a black screen and a cursor. I can't get the option screen up again. I tried holding Ctrl down while starting and nothing. Also tried pressing F8 and nothing. Not sure what to do now. Other than uninstalling and reinstalling when I get the hard copy.
Post #: 1
RE: Black screen when starting - 6/13/2016 7:36:13 PM   
SteveMcClaire

rdresser,

Unfortunately the CTRL key startup method doesn't work on some newer version of Windows.

If you're familiar with using RegEdit to change your registry settings you can fix it that way -- go to the Windows Start menu and run 'regedit.' When it opens you need to look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen\ and change the 'Windowed' key to 0.

Steve

(in reply to rdresser)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Black screen when starting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI