Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't find downloads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Can't find downloads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 4:45:52 PM   
rwglaub

I bought a new computer and a lot of my CD's will not work. So therefore I need the downloads. Trouble is, when I go to look, I see only five games listed under downloads rather than the around thirty I've bought. For some reason there are no records. I have all the serial numbers, but I don't have the order numbers. How can I find the download links?

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 4:57:25 PM   
Jim D Burns

Sadly though Matrix lead the way in the early days of the move to online retail, they have fallen far behind the pack today. Why they don't simply offer the simple solution of re-downloads of our registered games to us from a Matrix hosted server is beyond me.

Instead we have this archaic system that requires CC numbers or order numbers from years if not decades past, and even if we manage to enter everything correctly it is rare that older titles will be found requiring the pain in the arse of contacting support and waiting for days or longer to get things sorted.

Matrix needs to catch up with the times or they risk losing their customer base to far more accessible user friendly sites like GoG.

Jim

(in reply to rwglaub)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 5:05:28 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwglaub

I bought a new computer and a lot of my CD's will not work. So therefore I need the downloads. Trouble is, when I go to look, I see only five games listed under downloads rather than the around thirty I've bought. For some reason there are no records. I have all the serial numbers, but I don't have the order numbers. How can I find the download links?

I've had the same problem here.

(in reply to rwglaub)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 5:06:30 PM   
VPaulus

@Jim D Burns
We plan to implement this.
In fact some of the games can be already downloaded from the Members Area (as long they are registered).

@rwglaub
Please open a tech support ticket.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 5:07:12 PM   
zakblood

^^

quote:

Just open a tech support ticket or contact http://www.matrixgames.com/support/ with your order details (order reference number or/and email address used when placed the order) and they will provide you with new download links.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 5:23:09 PM   
IainMcNeil

The system is in place. If you go to the members area you can download any game you have registered which has been uploaded. So far we've only managed to get a few games added to the system but we're working through the list and hope to have everything up there before too long.

The members area is in the middle of an overhaul to make it much more user friendly. We'll be rolling out those changes soon too! Its continually developing but there are so many pieces to the website its a full time job for 3 people, plus many other contributors, to keep it running and slowly upgrade one system at a time.

We'll be making a bigger announce once the upgraded system is in and all the games are available.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 6:08:46 PM   
LarryP

Excellent! Really happy to read this.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 7:26:45 PM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil
We'll be making a bigger announce once the upgraded system is in and all the games are available.

Huzzah! Outstanding news.

Having had a PC die a few months back when the power supply shorted and sent an electrical surge through the PC which fried the motherboard, video card and processor, I have been lamenting the loss of access to all my old Matrix titles (no WitP AE has been utter torture). The disks to my games are currently boxed up and stored away due to an epic house remodel, so I've been limited to the few games I can access via the members area currently. I look forward to the announcement.

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 6/15/2016 7:29:48 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/15/2016 7:31:29 PM   
rwglaub

I just submitted a ticket. I've used three email addresses over the years, all of which I included. I must have about 25 to 30 games registered.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 9
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/16/2016 9:11:45 PM   
rwglaub

I got a link to where I could do downloads. Thanks!

But two problems: when I d/l Civil War II, I got War to End All Wars instead. That happened the first time. I thought that had been fixed years ago. Luckily the CD worked for me. The second problem is I get access denied on Battles in Normandy.

< Message edited by rwglaub -- 6/16/2016 9:20:10 PM >

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com

(in reply to rwglaub)
Post #: 10
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/16/2016 9:35:17 PM   
zakblood

sorry about this,

Just open a tech support ticket or contact http://www.matrixgames.com/support/ with your order details (order reference number or/and email address used when placed the order) and they will provide you with new download links.

(in reply to rwglaub)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't find downloads - 6/16/2016 10:44:13 PM   
rwglaub

Luckily the Battles in Normandy disc still worked. It's his and miss with those. Some do and some don't.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Can't find downloads Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message